Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cory
Regular

June 2002

RA28 celica wanted Wed, 12 June 2002 09:45 Go to next message
hi,

has anyone got an RA28 celica for sale in melbourne?

i'd like it to be running, with a decent body and little rust.

Thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
Cory
Regular

June 2002

icon9.gif  Re: RA28 celica wanted Thu, 13 June 2002 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm guessing that no replies means that no-one is selling one. Sad

seems that i'll have to keep looking.

can anyone answer this question for me:

how hard is it convert an auto to a manual? (keeping in mind i have basically no experience Embarassed )

i've seen a few autos for sale in the trading-post, but i want to get a manual so i was just wondering.

Thanks.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA28 celica wanted Fri, 14 June 2002 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Converting to man is realy easy, I bought my ra28 as an auto and then brought a ra 60 as a donor car (the cars were 300 each) and took the man and clutch and everything out of the 60 and put it in my 28. Was the first mechanical thing I ever did. No I'm putting a 1ggte in it!!

Just make sure you buy a manual (get the gregories one, the haynes one sucks bad...)

Tim.
Cory
Regular

June 2002

Re: RA28 celica wanted Fri, 14 June 2002 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i was planning on buying a manual once i bought the car Smile .

it seems that ra28s are hard to find in melbourne, or maybe its just that i'm not looking hard enough.

anyway, thanks for the advice.

Cory.
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: RA28 celica wanted Wed, 19 June 2002 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in melb, and i also have done the auto => manual conversion, first thing i did on my ra23 Smile

i have a spare w50 ra40 box if you need one, and a spare pressure plate that ill throw in with it, but i recommend that you buy a wrecking ra40a celica for parts. all parts will bolt right in, and if you have the manpower/proper tools, maybe a one-two day job?

Glad to lend a hand if you do the conversion at home too.

Cheers
Cory
Regular

June 2002

Re: RA28 celica wanted Wed, 19 June 2002 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool, i'll probably need the help since the extent of my car knowledge stops at an oil change Smiley = , but i want to learn.

thanks, i'll let you know when i actually get around to buying a celica, i've got exams on at the moment Cry so thats taking up most of my time.
RA28red
Newcomer

June 2002
Re: RA28 celica wanted Mon, 24 June 2002 12:46 Go to previous message
I picked up an RA28 in Brisbane about 3 weeks ago, came with and 18R-G motor and 2 inch exhaust, and a little more rust under the chrome work then I would have liked. Yes its a 5 speed manual. Razz

Since then I've been trying to find panels or another one for parts, but they are few and far between. Seems that they are pretty rare. Best of luck in the hunt.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RARE Imported 1979 Corolla Deluxe LiftBack
Next Topic:manual twin turbo soarer $4500
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 08:15:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065820217132568 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.