Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Fuel Catalyst - Worth it?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
ToyRollaAE86
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Sun, 23 October 2005 17:49 Go to next message
Hello

I stumbled over this product and I am curious to know if anyone here has tried it and did it have any worth while gains. It apparently increase performance, reduces fuel consumption and lowers emissions.

http://www.hicloneqld.com/fuelstar.htm

Check it out

it releases bits of tin in the fuel...
  Send a private message to this user  
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Sun, 23 October 2005 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theory sounds good (tin burns easy giving a more complete burn), dynosheets look real enough, i actually have the offical fuelstar handout for retailers (its like 3cm thick a4 of info and dyno results)

no idea though.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 October 2005 17:57]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Sun, 23 October 2005 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToyRollaAE86 wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 03:49

Hello

I stumbled over this product and I am curious to know if anyone here has tried it and did it have any worth while gains. It apparently increase performance, reduces fuel consumption and lowers emissions.

Check it out

stumbled is the word...

it's bullshit.

Quote:

At the exit end the treated fuel passes by powerful magnets, which assist in fracturing fuel hydrocarbon clusters through magnetic resonance

into what? hexane? butane? gases?

end of thread Wink
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Sun, 23 October 2005 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is nothing about magnets in the official fuelstar writeup.

all it is, is small cones of tin that fuel filters through -- thats it, nothing more, nothing less.

i have seen it working on ONE diesel van though... it totally removed the black smoke and made it sounded a lot healthier, no idea if it was any faster. havent seen it on anything else.

edit: fuelstar have applications for 500cc bikes (like 4 cones of tin) to big industrial engines (canisters with 20,000-40,000 cones of tin

[Updated on: Sun, 23 October 2005 18:08]

terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Sun, 23 October 2005 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Fuelstar provides a money back guarantee that its product will result in fuel savings of 7% and more for all engines to which the product is installed. The Fuelstar canister is easy to fit and will usually outlive the engine."

cool

http://www.btpperformance.com/fuelstar.htm
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Sun, 23 October 2005 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
terra wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 04:03

there is nothing about magnets in the official fuelstar writeup.

all it is, is small cones of tin that fuel filters through -- thats it, nothing more, nothing less.

i have seen it working on ONE diesel van though... it totally removed the black smoke and made it sounded a lot healthier, no idea if it was any faster. havent seen it on anything else.

edit: fuelstar have applications for 500cc bikes (like 4 cones of tin) to big industrial engines (canisters with 20,000-40,000 cones of tin

there is actually almost nothing on the fuelstar site that actually scientifically describes what it does,

money back guarantee? heh heh, only if it was installed properly Wink

Quote:

How does it work?

The tin cones are at the entry end of the Fuelstar canister after a swirl plate. The cones are arranged loose with abrasive perforated separator plates between the rows. The numbers of cones in each model are matched to the size of the engine Fuelstar is to be fitted to, and the amount of fuel needed to be treated. At the exit end the treated fuel passes by powerful magnets, which assist in fracturing fuel hydrocarbon clusters through magnetic resonance (see the fuelmax page for more information). The Fuelstar process is activated by vibration which produces a rubbing action between the tin alloy cones and the seperator plates which releases very fine particles of tin (0.2 - 0.5 of a micron) into the fuel. These particles repel each other and the movement keeps them in colloidal suspension in the fuel. The tin alloy produces a catalytic reaction on the fuel during combustion at which time it is converted to a tin oxide. This reaction results in a more complete and cleaner combustion. The tin oxide formed helps clear carbon build up and coats the exhaust valve mating surfaces to alleviate valve seat recession.

Quote:

There is a lot of information on the Web about Tin Catalyst Fuel Enhancement.

It appears as the classic case of:
REALITY - these products have been successfully sold for many years, with money back guarantees. There are thousands of satisfied consumers and no doubt some consumers it did not work for (you are not going to please all the people all the time) BUT if it didn't work in most cases, these companies would soon be out of business and well and truly sued.
THE LABORATORY - often can't replicate whats happening in real life.

As with all these 'Alternate' ideas science can often prove otherwise. According to science butterflies can't fly and it was only 400 years ago you were burnt at the stake for saying the earth rotated around the sun and 100 years ago you were locked up for saying pictures would fly through the air and end up in boxes in the lounge room.

ahh thats what i like to hear.. conspiracy theories Wink
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Sun, 23 October 2005 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i could probably scan in some (theres probably about 50 of em) of the dyno sheets in the fuelstar retailer/wholesaler handout if ya wanted to. therye all australian results too.

will try to get a hold of the folder tonight.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Sun, 23 October 2005 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are 100% bullshit and dont work!funny how they all do chassis dyno not engine dyno.they all are conmen,if anyone ever gets the chance to sell them anything ripe them of hard.if i had my way and i wouldnt get charged id,shove them all were the sun dont shine to the bloke that owns the company.
mick
p.s anyone trying to say they work is going to get flamed big time
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Sun, 23 October 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 08:22

p.s anyone trying to say they work is going to get flamed big time

They work! Now prove they dont!
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Sun, 23 October 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol ill prove it to anyone that has a car worth over $50k.ill pull the motor and we can put it on the engine dyno.when i have shown they dont work i get to keep the car!
we would use them in edurance racing if they worked now wouldnt we.a few extra laps on the same tank of fuel would give any race team the edge!lmfao.i can just picture it,skaife comes in for a fuel stop and murphy dosnt have to because his supercar is fitted with a fuelstar. Laughing Laughing Laughing

or Michael Schumacher just gone a lap ahead because he didnt have to pit because he has a fuelstar fitted.

imagine how much futher a 747 could go with fuelstar if only it work on AVTUR. Laughing Laughing Laughing

pmsl
mick
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Sun, 23 October 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How come I didn't get flamed? Confused
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Sun, 23 October 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you did,but my new style of interlectual flaming passed under your radar. Laughing you dont have a car worth $50k Laughing
mick
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Sun, 23 October 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone needs to put a fuelstar, hiclone and turbozet on the same car at the same time and see what happens. I reckon the tank will start to fill itself as you drive.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Mon, 24 October 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Someone needs to put a fuelstar, hiclone and turbozet on the same car at the same time and see what happens. I reckon the tank will start to fill itself as you drive.

Imagine fitting all these products to a "Bourke Engine", it would probably make time travel possible Rolling Eyes

EDIT: hang some crystals from your rear vision mirror, good for a 20% reduction in fuel usage and is guaranteed to cure what ails ya!

[Updated on: Mon, 24 October 2005 00:09]

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Mon, 24 October 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 09:58

thats gold
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Mon, 24 October 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 09:43

you dont have a car worth $50k Laughing
mick

Neither do you!
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Mon, 24 October 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yes i do!my boats worth over that aswell.
mick
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Mon, 24 October 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont believe you.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Mon, 24 October 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol care factor!wish the tax office thought like you,make my life cheaper.
mick
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Mon, 24 October 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess if we are talking leased cars/boats or even workshop owned, I could class our work shop cars as mine. A handfull of cobras(shit one of them is real!), a daytona and a GT40 all of which are worth well over 50k. So yeah, I do have a car worth over 50k.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Mon, 24 October 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToyRollaAE86 wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 03:19

Hello

Check it out

I have some magic beans that I'd like to sell you....
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Mon, 24 October 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 10:44

How much?
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Mon, 24 October 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
god dont lease.leasing is for people that juggle money.i dont lease and dont count workshop cars as mine!lmao but thats all im saying on that particular subject!for obvious reasons.
mick
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Mon, 24 October 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 10:15

How much?

I'm sorry cool1, if you don't have a $50,000 car then you can't afford my magic beans Laughing

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Mon, 24 October 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no but he can lease them! Laughing and that was a joke!
mick
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Mon, 24 October 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 12:21

Cool1 wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 10:15

How much?

I'm sorry cool1, if you don't have a $50,000 car then you can't afford my magic beans Laughing

Can I lease them?
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Fuel Catalyst - Worth it? Mon, 24 October 2005 02:29 Go to previous message
god feels like someone looking over my shoulder as i type!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Toyota E Series FWD/AWD Gearbox Diagrams and Info
Next Topic:dose any one know how to clean the inside of an sc14 so it spins smoothly need help plz
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 17:47:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0097482204437256 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.