Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Parts Wanted » Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Thu, 20 October 2005 14:40 Go to next message
I am looking for the said items. It's really nice to have the mirror even though it's a bitch when it comes to engine repair, as it always attracted to my crotch. heh!

Anyway, I like to have em, Anyone got the mirrors?? Got cash waitin'....

Cheers!
  Send a private message to this user    
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Sat, 22 October 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing take a number...
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Sat, 22 October 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why take a number when you can go to this site and buy some: http://www.toyheadauto.com/Japan_Spec__Fender_Moun ted_Side_View_Mirrors.html

easy as that Very Happy
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Sat, 22 October 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didn't say take a number coz they are hard to get them. I meant that alot of people would like to have them. Do you know what his shipping prices are like? anything out of the states is ridiculous. I have had a couple of quotes for various items and the shipping is more expensive out of the states than the item costs alot of the time.
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Sat, 22 October 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know the specs of these mirrors, ie: how far down the guard are they meant to be mounted?
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Sun, 23 October 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thannx for the link High Card Ace. Geee, the fender mirror advertised by the guy cost an arm and a leg (make it two pair) US$180??? and not including shipping? I can almost get the carbon fibre shit with that price...... Crying or Very Sad
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Sun, 23 October 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing thats why no one has them Laughing
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Sun, 23 October 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i know i'd probly never buy them....but thats the only place i've seen them for sale and i've never seen them advertised on here etc...
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Sun, 23 October 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I may possibly have a set if a swap falls through,im after 200 for the pair plus shipping brand new in the box.Ill know if things go ahead in the next couple of days.

Cheers
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Sun, 23 October 2005 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Rice,

Lucky u might be getting the mirrors. Do you mind posting some pictures of the mirrors once you get your hands on them? Since the mirrors are way beyond me, a good look at the pics will be my wish Confused before I die Wink

I am no owner of these mirrors - I supposed these mirrors are bitch when it comes to engine repairs, hard to see when it rains, and probably a good pedestrian killer object.

But dammit I still want em'!! Laughing

BTW, are the mirrors adjustable?
rosey
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Mon, 24 October 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate have a set on my car still contemplating whether to keep them or not, probally will. Anyway yes they are adjustable (the mirror part only).
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Mon, 24 October 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rosey- U lucky bastard U. Smile

Mind showing me some pictures of the mirrors? I haven't seen this mirror in close up......I would fall in luv with it Very Happy
PERTANO
Occasional Poster

February 2005

Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Wed, 26 October 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fellas,
I got these mirrors from CABE TOYOTA in Long Beach CA. They cost me 160 brand new. I'm sure they will ship them to you all at a reasonable rate, and to be honest they can get almost as much stuff as Toyhead and at a much much lower rate. Toyhead wanted 180 US for some window rubbers that I got for 75 US. Just to put it into perspective.

I've got those exact mirros mounted on my Celica and love them. They took very little getting use to, and if you look under your fender or feel real good you will notice there is a recess in the fender well where these mount. I used a step drill to get the right hole width and then mounted them. It can be done in about 1 hour and that is pulling the fenders off and getting it done right. I wish I had a close up of them to show you all, but I just dropped my car off at the body shop to get the rear spoiler fixed. I should have it back on Monday and I'll post a pic then.
PERTANO
Occasional Poster

February 2005

Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Wed, 26 October 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll throw this out there if anyone wants to take me up on it. For 250 US I'll get a brand new set and ship them AIRMAIL to you. The total cost to me would be around 220 us and 30 would be for gas and troubles to drive almost 60 miles to pick them up.

If anyone is interested let me know.

this is the closest pic of my car that I could find showing off the mirrors.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/2036000-2036999/2036830_42_full.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 26 October 2005 03:42]

48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Wed, 26 October 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow! the mirrors look great! but for 200 buck ++,, it's almost cost me half of my monthly salary........oh dear...... Shocked

Anyway, I can't wait to see those pics of your car with the mirrors and the spoilers....
rosey
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Fri, 28 October 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for the delay 48xmax haven't been able to get to the car but here are some other pics...

http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/8980/gtmirror3lt.jpg

These are currently for sale on yahoo japan.
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Fri, 28 October 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

***Drool, wipe, drool, wipe, drool again. I think I will dream of these mirror tonight**

Hi Rosey, the pictures of the mirrors are great. Thanks for sharing. The mirror pics will be replacing my grilfren's photo for a few days. heheheh...
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Fri, 28 October 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh...I just noticed that the mirror in the middle of the picture had its plastic/spring mecahnism fastened the wrong way to the mirror stem. Up side down. Am I correct? Rolling Eyes
rosey
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Fri, 28 October 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are the pics of my mirror on car it has a bit more detail than the other ones and a bit smaller too...enjoy

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/7840/dad001a4qk.jpg
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/7206/dad005a5rw.jpg
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/9417/dad004a5bs.jpg
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/1404/dad003a2ho.jpg
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/2406/dad002a6zb.jpg
PERTANO
Occasional Poster

February 2005

Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Fri, 28 October 2005 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ones from the auction are missing some key parts like the base from one and the spring and washer piece from the other.

Rosey, your mirrors are nice!!! I wish I had got a set like that instead of mine. I found a bad set from Hella one time and passed on them. I wish I had gotten them now. It was like a year ago when I found them. Maybe you can still order them through a Hella dealer.
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Fri, 28 October 2005 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any complete pics of your car rosey?

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2005 22:16]

48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Fri, 28 October 2005 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, Rosey. Some pictures of your car will be nice too. esp with the GT lip. Sexseh!

Goin back to the mirror matters, I chatted with an old uncle of mine. He sez that those yesteryear fender mirrors from Japan used to be motorised, with wirings and can be adjusted in the cockpit.

Anyone seen em' and can confirm their existance? Shocked
PERTANO
Occasional Poster

February 2005

Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Thu, 03 November 2005 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some more pic's for you all to check out.

http://images.cardomain.net/sites/cardomain/event/2005/10/01/JCCS/0/070.jpg
http://www.dub-nation.com/show/japaneseclassiccarshow/images/1-japaneseclassiccarshow_7.jpg
http://www.dub-nation.com/show/japaneseclassiccarshow/images/1-japaneseclassiccarshow_8.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 03 November 2005 15:31]

48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: Lookin for TA22 fender mirrors.... Thu, 03 November 2005 20:44 Go to previous message
That's a real SWEET car man! Your camera angles during the photo shoot were really good too. Wish I could learn it from you.....Any tips on how to shoot a TA22?? Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB: Single Turbo
Next Topic:WTB: RA40 Adjustable Coilovers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 05:52:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056998729705811 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.