Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » My beast up 4 sale....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
My beast up 4 sale.... Mon, 10 February 2003 10:32 Go to next message
I'm putting the car up 4 sale, i'm gunna try and get some quotes done on getting it repaired, and i'll let you know what the cost could be of getting it fixed. I may end up fixing it myself then selling it when its all better, or i might just sell it as is. Make an offer, and we can negotiate....
heres some info on the car:

Car:
1977 RA28 Toyota Celica(for those of you who dont know )

Motor:
18RGU 2 litre twin cam(RTA approved), twin solex sidedraft carbies, Recored radiator, new regraphed dizzy, custom airbox with pod filter, engine fully rebuilt approx. 60,000km's ago. Head ported polished and shaved, Competition cams, painted tappet cover, 4-2-1 extractors into 2 and a half inch straight through exhaust(containing one straight through muffler and one supertrap muffler), holley red fuel pump.

Gearbox:
W58 supra gearbox from a 89 supra. Custom mounts and bellhousing. Heavy duty RPM clutch and flywheel.

Brakes:
Standard brakes, painted calipers and drums. Front rotors have been cross-drilled.

Suspension:
Koni adjustables all round with springs. All new bushes and rubbers.

Mags:
ROH Milano 16X7 front, 16X8 back.

Tyres:
Front- 205/45ZR16
Back- 225/55ZR16

Exterior:
Yamaha fuel filler(from a bike) custom mounted and moulded, small wing type mirrors, repositioned and different front indicators(from a lancer), silver with lilac pearl body colour, removed key holes on doors and boot lid, adjustable ring wing, custom mounted arial.

Interior:
Prelude front seats(RTA approved), retrimmed back seats to match, full retrim of doors and back side panels, and boot. Full new carpet, new headlining, custom centre consol, carbon fibre look stick-on stuff on the dash, X2U racing wheel, sports pedals, new front and rear windscreens(had to be removed for painting), purple neon lights.

Other mods:
Top of the range Mongoose alarm system with central locking, immobliser, anti-hijacking feature, etc..., 3 trumpet airhorn.

Some pics, including crash pics, are here:

http://board.performanceforums.com/gallery/showgal lery.php?thumb=1&stype=2&si=sbyder&cat =500&perpage=12&sort=1&ppuser=2634

I've probly forgotten some stuff no doubt, but that gives you most info.
Please reply back here, PM me or email me at Spyder_gbanger@hotmail.com

Thanks
Ben

[Updated on: Mon, 10 February 2003 10:33]

Send a private message to this user    
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: My beast up 4 sale.... Mon, 10 February 2003 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry hear about your car dude..uve obviously put countless hours and money into this thing!

just outta cusiousity how much did you want for the whole lot??
good luck with the sale
Celica_fan
Occasional Poster

February 2003

Re: My beast up 4 sale.... Mon, 10 February 2003 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i am very intrested!! please let me know how much u want for it AS IS
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My beast up 4 sale.... Mon, 10 February 2003 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please make an offer on the car. It'd be worth about 7K if there was no damage, so it all depends on how much it would cost to get it repaired.
thanks
Ben
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My beast up 4 sale.... Tue, 11 February 2003 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone offering????
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My beast up 4 sale.... Wed, 12 February 2003 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just got some more detailed pics of the damage. Go here to view them:
http://board.performanceforums.com/gallery/showgal lery.php?thumb=1&stype=2&si=sbyder&cat =500&sort=1&ppuser=2634

Thanks
Ben
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: My beast up 4 sale.... Wed, 12 February 2003 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude that is stuff all damage seriously, the most expensive part will not be the panelbeating it should be the actual bumper if they are as rare as all other old celicas

find somebody whos mates with a panelbeater and get it done cheap, a shop would ask around 1500-3000 to fix that....i know that price varies a lot but welcome to the world of panel smashers

for what its worth i know a dude who could help you out, get a few prices first keep them to yourself and ill seee if he can lend a hand and give you a price im sure you'll be walking away with a grin on your face and then of course you will want to keep the car
PayneyCelica18rg
Regular

November 2002

Re: My beast up 4 sale.... Wed, 12 February 2003 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had similar damage, my girly was learning to reverse, and despite spending 5 min or so adjusting the mirrors, didn't think to look in them, as she planted her foot.

if you can, it really needs only 1 pull. tell the beater that you are not getting an insurance quote.
I have a tail light for it in townsville, pay for post, and its yours.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 February 2003 23:12]

sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My beast up 4 sale.... Mon, 17 February 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, since theres not much interest, im thinking about doing it up again. Is anyone a panel beater and want to help me???

I put the spare tyre on and took it for a burl just then, it still goes and brakes well. The lights still work, just cracked covers. The exhaust hangs a bit low and rattles against the underbelly, but it drives almost the same as it did b4. The only thing i did notice was the steering vearing off to the right, but i think thats cause i need an alignment and cause the spare is a different size to the mag.

Anyway, if anyones still interested im looking for about 3K for it, as is, ONO.

Thanks
Ben
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My beast up 4 sale.... Tue, 18 February 2003 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, i just went down and got a quote done at J & R auto care Ipswich. I may just do it up after all. Including all repairs to the body, painting and finishing i got quoted 12-$1500 cash to fix it up. This was well below my expected quote figure i thought it would cost. It would take them about a week to fix, but i'll say 2 to be safe and then it'll be good as new. Just have to fix the exhaust up, $100, and get a new outer peice on the 3 peice mag, $100. Then its back to being a 6-$7000 car.

Sooo......

I may fix it up after all then sell it for as much as i can get. unless someone wants to buy it for at least 4 grand as is.
what do you all reckon???
Its still up 4 sale!!! fixed or not, so gimme a yell if your interested.

Thanks
Ben
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: My beast up 4 sale.... Tue, 18 February 2003 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate there is pannel shop over this side of town that does great work. They were at the motor show and if you go to them and get a quote and then mention their stand at the show you get a discount! They also have a website which you can go to and request a quote on line! You just send some pictures of your smash and they'll give you a rough idea of cost!
If your interested i'll did up the website.
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My beast up 4 sale.... Tue, 18 February 2003 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mate that would be excellent.
Send the site over my way Smile

cheers
Ben
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: My beast up 4 sale.... Tue, 18 February 2003 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here you go. http://www.stylers.com.au/
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My beast up 4 sale.... Tue, 18 February 2003 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: My beast up 4 sale.... Wed, 19 February 2003 10:41 Go to previous message
hell I may be interested in it towards the end of this year.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Starlet
Next Topic:JZA80 RZ Supra For Quick Sale!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 04:46:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065209865570068 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.