Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
EOI: 2revup- now with pics Mon, 24 October 2005 06:00 Go to next message
ok this is something i never ever wanted to do this but i just cant afford anything right now i have a mortgage etc. i am almost in tears writting this!

its an mr2 sw20 GT 80,000 orginal K's no bullshit.
has a gt35 turbo, intercooler (90 x 300 x 600) tial wastegate, all of the goods everything is polished. (metal work done by micks metal craft)
3' pipe (stanless) all the way through.
complete fuel system. 680cc HKS injectors, custom built fuel rail. 440 bosh fuel pump + internal, surge tank, sard fuel regulator.
gizzmo EBC
EMS duel sport - handset inc and laptop tune also.
larger CV inners from the US - just put in.
LSd gear box just been rubuilt.
TRD engine mounts- just put in
and shitloads more.
thousands and thousands spent only the good stuff is on this car.
this car was built to be fast.

the look of the car has stayed the same it is a 1990 however has the 94 + lip and has the tail lights + the front diamond cut lights.
numberplates : 2revup

anyone that has seen this car will vouche that this car is in pristine condition inside and out (im a fanatic) and the speed of this car will scare the pants off you!

the catch is that the motor has to be rebuilt, simply because the last mech that did thing on my car put the HKS head gasket the wrong way round, and f%^ked the motor so its a new set of pistons and block to go in.

when the car was going it made 271kw at the rear at 22psi.
Everyone that knew or was a paaanger in the car expected a 10sec pass.

when this car is built i can give you my word this will be one of the fastest mr2's in Aus. the car never lost traction (unless dumped cluch) through any gear, which is what makes this car the perfect drag, fast car.

This is my pride and joy of over 3 years only serious bids no timewasters.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 October 2005 00:10]

Send a private message to this user    
The Count
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: EOI: 2revup Mon, 24 October 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck me 271kw

i stugled to make that with 35000 dollars engine work in a 1.5JZ
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: EOI: 2revup Mon, 24 October 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watcha do to the mechanic? did you fuck him up? shouldn't he pay for it or something?
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: EOI: 2revup Mon, 24 October 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i am trying to i have lodged all the forms to the motor association that i need to, but i am not going to hold my breath. fingers crossed if i do get my money back then i will keep but if dont then there is no way i can keep it. otherwise i will be sleeping in the car, as you know there is not much room in a sw20.

I was soon to go for another dyno tune with the new boost contoller etc and expecting in the low 300's. the key is the turbo, bigger means more power. (yes laggy, but shit when it comes on, it comes on)
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: EOI: 2revup Mon, 24 October 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We need pictures of this beast dude! Very Happy

GL with the sale. Smile
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: EOI: 2revup Tue, 25 October 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here are some images

Exterior
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=15958

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=15959

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=15960

Engine
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/2revup/P1010004.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/2revup/P1010011.jpg

more comming

Attachment: 1.JPG
(Size: 66.28KB, Downloaded 674 time(s))
Attachment: 2.JPG
(Size: 90.41KB, Downloaded 670 time(s))
Attachment: 3.JPG
(Size: 78.31KB, Downloaded 663 time(s))

MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: EOI: 2revup Tue, 25 October 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=15961

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=15962

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=15963

Attachment: 5.JPG
(Size: 93.57KB, Downloaded 658 time(s))
Attachment: 6.JPG
(Size: 50.15KB, Downloaded 644 time(s))
Attachment: 7.JPG
(Size: 68.35KB, Downloaded 646 time(s))

MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: EOI: 2revup Tue, 25 October 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=15964

Attachment: dscn17622vw.jpg
(Size: 53.32KB, Downloaded 640 time(s))

Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: EOI: 2revup Tue, 25 October 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now thats more like it, Are those BSA rims? And the front lip is it a 94+?
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Tue, 25 October 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes and yes
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Tue, 25 October 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice, where did you get your front lip from?
Matt16v
Regular

I supported Toymods

February 2003
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Tue, 25 October 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although everyone says this about there mates cars, i can vouch for it. Brad has been a boring s#$t and not come out with me and his mates for years, due to lack of money, which had been spent on this.

Good luck with the sale mate.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Tue, 25 October 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i purcased the lip from toyota.

Quote:

Brad has been a boring s#$t and not come out with me and his mates for years, due to lack of money, which had been spent on this.

unfortunatly he is right, thanks matt. and now im a more boring shit cause of the mortgage. LOL
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Tue, 25 October 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much are u chaseing for it?
any ideas on the cost of a new engine installation either? got any quotes?

and are u sure u dindt blow up ur own engine? fark 22psi on standard internals for a gen2 3sgte? i wouldnt expect my engine to last to long either!

[Updated on: Tue, 25 October 2005 04:14]

MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Tue, 25 October 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

nd are u sure u dindt blow up ur own engine? fark 22psi on standard internals for a gen2 3sgte? i wouldnt expect my engine to last to long either!

somehow i agree with you... tahts why the motor is not standard internally, it has forged pistons, was a HKS metal head gasket, it had shotpeened rods. the motor has arp studs throughout! so it was far from standard my friend.

the cost of the rebuild would cost the gasket kit pistons and bearings and the labour thats about what the costs are. so depending who does the work is how much its going to cost you.

I am not going to put a price on it because i would say something rediculas because i have spent over $60,000 on this car (mostly motor, turbos and testing parts etc) so i am open to offers. but if i feel its too low i will tell you.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Tue, 25 October 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carsanactra wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 14:10

how much are u chaseing for it?
any ideas on the cost of a new engine installation either? got any quotes?

and are u sure u dindt blow up ur own engine? fark 22psi on standard internals for a gen2 3sgte? i wouldnt expect my engine to last to long either!

would u expect a standard gen 2 3sgte to make 271 kw atw on a standard motor ? even at 22 psi Wink

good luck with sale mate, hope u dont get to undercut on the price, but thats one sexy Mr2 and with power to match is a car made in heaven
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Tue, 25 October 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude, I remember you! we went on an old pac run with Alchemist and the dude in the GT-R one time. I used to have the silver soarer.

Must say, those photos, while real nice, certainly don't do the car justice. It's a shame you're thinking about selling it! Sad

If do decide yep it has to go, best of luck with the sale mate! Smile

Cheers,
James
hotmr2
Regular

March 2005
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Tue, 25 October 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude i recommend u to ring up fair trading. you'll win. do u mind telling me what workshop that mechanic fucked up ur engine? i hope its not BD4's at gladesville??
i did ring fair trading for my 2 and i won the case against toyota. they almost fucked my engine as well. they didnt change belts that i asked them to and charged me for it. they said on the reciept saying they did few work on it so i went and checked on my car and guess what ? they didnt do any work on it. they want money, fuckers. thats castle hill toyota. so beware of dodgy mechanics.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Wed, 26 October 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo he the soarer is gone Sad
got a twin cam ae82 now???? good stuff mate. unfortunatly its looking that way, unless i somehow come accross money to fix it up, which is looking... well i dont know. my case is good my evidence is good and my mechanic reports are great backing me up, but who knows what will happen. is a very sad time for me but it happens.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Wed, 26 October 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hotmr2 i didnt relise that fair traiding would do anything for me, thats why i went to the motor association and lodged all of the appriaote forms, and then they will come back and try a medation if this is not to work it then calls for a second with a lot of investigation etc an d then if his found to be in the wrong he will be fine a large sum and i may or may not get the car repairs payed by him! its a big IF. so since you now have said fair training i will ring them and see what they can do for me.

the mechanic that did this was Dave Haak (dyno Dave) at F & E Mechanical, now has his own business used to dyno all the cars at dyno day when it was held at premmier (he used to work there also)
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Wed, 26 October 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jorrs, Merudo thanks for the nice comments, its appreciated.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Wed, 26 October 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
free bump for a toymods forum regular Smile , what would you buy next?.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Wed, 26 October 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt buy anything next i have a sarlet, and that will do me fine if i buy another turbo i will go spastic again, i never ever meant to mod it as much as i had, i got out of hand. LOL
thanks for the bump.
dbol
Newcomer

October 2005
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Sat, 29 October 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brad im was there when u rang dave when ur car first broke down in newcastle and dave offered 2 tow ur car from newcastle and i also know that dave told u 2 seattle down the head gasket so and he tuned it on 15psi so y r u running 22psi wen its not tunned for that boost so i think i should stopp talking sh@t about dave when he is a great mechanic and i wouldnt send my car anywhere else, the only reason ur gasket blew is because ur car wasnt tunned on that boost full stop . so i think u should stop talking about dave he wouldnt have so much buisness
if he didnt no wat he was doin he tunned it on 15psi for a reason the only person 2 blame is urself and i think ur pretty perthetic considering he help u out so much wen u building ur motor and now u jus stab him in the baq if i was ur mate i would loose so much respect for u maybe u should wake up 2 urself and realise u shouldnt have been running that much boost with the head gasket not settled in
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Sat, 29 October 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesus man,

Learn to write...
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Sat, 29 October 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn man, sorry to hear. I also know Dave, and he has built friends cars, but he installed my boost controller, and somehow forgot to hook the second turbo up, resulting in smokey turbos (All fixed now).
ROLLA GTi
Regular

September 2003
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Sun, 30 October 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbol wrote on Sat, 29 October 2005 17:57

brad im was there when u rang dave when ur car first broke down in newcastle and dave offered 2 tow ur car from newcastle and i also know that dave told u 2 seattle down the head gasket so and he tuned it on 15psi so y r u running 22psi wen its not tunned for that boost so i think i should stopp talking sh@t about dave when he is a great mechanic and i wouldnt send my car anywhere else, the only reason ur gasket blew is because ur car wasnt tunned on that boost full stop . so i think u should stop talking about dave he wouldnt have so much buisness
if he didnt no wat he was doin he tunned it on 15psi for a reason the only person 2 blame is urself and i think ur pretty perthetic considering he help u out so much wen u building ur motor and now u jus stab him in the baq if i was ur mate i would loose so much respect for u maybe u should wake up 2 urself and realise u shouldnt have been running that much boost with the head gasket not settled in

Hey Clown, he never mentioned who farked, you were the one that said it !

Good Luck Brad, and as someone mentioned speak to the dep of fair trading, they are very helpful and helped my girlfriend out with a problem she had

Ben

KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Sun, 30 October 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
\

Hey Clown, he never mentioned who farked, you were the one that said it !

Good Luck Brad, and as someone mentioned speak to the dep of fair trading, they are very helpful and helped my girlfriend out with a problem she had

Ben

[/quote]

So you Muff dive now?? Laughing
Stretch
Regular

November 2004
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Thu, 03 November 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to intrude but are you the bloke that drove a mr2 into my work (fergusons toyota) and was saying how a mechanic fucked him up and you had to keep topping up the oil because some dodgy mechanic at parramatta fucked up the engine and refused to repair it.?? this was a couple of months back, mayb 2 or 3. sorry if its not i just wanted to know what was the overall action taken.
Twincam
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: EOI: 2revup- now with pics Thu, 03 November 2005 12:19 Go to previous message
Few questions mate... im in the lookout for mr2... practically found one but this has gotten attention...

1 - You have reciepts for all work done? & Dyno Sheet?
2 - How much are you looking at roughly... (no idea)
3 - How much you think would cost to fix motor?

Just pm me if you like...

thanks mate,

George
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:EOI ke20 3tgte,supra box,alfa LSD
Next Topic:For sale - 97 JZX100 Chaser Tourer V - cared for and mint
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:41:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074458122253418 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar