Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Sun, 23 October 2005 08:52 Go to next message
im in sydney, id prefer a complete kit, relocator, oil cooler and hoses ect.

can anyone reccomend where to get one, i know someone on here bought one not long ago..

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Sun, 23 October 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, you're after an oil filter relocation kit? Or oil cooler kit?

Or both?

Oil relocation kit you can just go into any decent spare parts store and they order one for you. Mine cost $160? Including all fittinggs, hoses and whatnot.

Cooler kits I got no idea sorry
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Sun, 23 October 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do a search for "oil filter relocation" or something similar to that. I looked it up the other day and it has all you need to know.
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Sun, 23 October 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Dom,
I bought an oil filter relocation kit recently from HJC motorsport at Penrith.
Cost me $138. They also had oil cooler kits which I think were around $300.
Have a read of this thread.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Sun, 23 October 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
.T. at meridian motorsport can fix you up. Very happy with mine.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Mon, 24 October 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey brad the only problem with that kit is its not running a thermostat therefor the oil will run straight to the oil cooler even when the oil is cold.

Yian yes i want to relocate the oil filter from the block and away from my engine mount and extractors. i also want to run an oil cooler. but to run the cooler i want it to have a thermostat so that if the oil isnt hot enough it wont be running to the cooler.

at the same time i dont want the oil to bypass the filter if the thermostat is built into the adapter plate for the filter if anyone understands me

i think someons made a thread about it not long ago... whitzl?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Mon, 24 October 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rocket industries remot oil filter kit is under 110 bucks delivered and comes with everything,
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Mon, 24 October 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 19:02

rocket industries remot oil filter kit is under 110 bucks delivered and comes with everything,

What brand is this and where do you get them from.
Rocket industries only sell to account customers, or at least that is what they told me when I rang them.

Dom: Perma cool also do a thermostat to go inline with the oil cooler. Have a look on their website.
http://www.permacool.com/
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Mon, 24 October 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep i see the thermostat on there.

thanks heaps brad!

where do i find the pricings?
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Mon, 24 October 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's no prices on the perma cool website. You'll need to get it from a distributor.
From my other thread

I got an email back from Perma cool today and they said to ring Rocket Industries in Australia or to try http://www.jegs.com/ or http://www.summitracing.com/in the US.
I rang Rocket Industries and they only deal with account customers. They said I would have to go through one of their distributors like Autobahn or Repco.

Have a look at Rocket Industries website.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Mon, 24 October 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=80588&rid=7123&S=285c0195bbe46574eab5b83 112a94099

There you go domasik... i was the one that made the thread Wink

Eddie.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Mon, 24 October 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks big t.

is that a permacool thermostat?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Mon, 24 October 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer i got one for 109 bucks from a performance shop which got it from rocket , its permacool
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Mon, 24 October 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 20:29

yer i got one for 109 bucks from a performance shop which got it from rocket , its permacool

Shocked That's a good price. Is it "mate's rates" or did you just "walk in off the street".
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Mon, 24 October 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think hes jsut talking about the thermostat and not the whole kit
parrot
Regular

July 2004
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Tue, 25 October 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Per Rocket Industries, back in August for Permacool stuff

"PC10195 is $220.00 and in stock. We
normally carry the thermostat in B&M but they are currently out of stock.
These are $97.00 and are due in around 2 weeks.
thanks,
Nick"
82MKII
Regular

July 2003
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Tue, 25 October 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for the minor hijack - but I remember hearing somewhere about some remote oil filter kits with anti-drainback valves in them.
Are they really necessary?
Does the Permacool kit come with one?

Thanks

Peter
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Tue, 25 October 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depending on how its mounted I guess. Mines mounted a fair bit higher than the level the stock filter would normally go on the block.

After a while (say overnight), oil drains completely out of the lines back into the sump and when you start the car, you'll have an extra 2 or 3 meter of hoses worth of oil to fill back up before the engine gets lubricated.

Correct me if I'm wrong...
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Tue, 25 October 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got the whole permacool kit , the 2 plates, fittings , hose all that shit for 109 but i dont have a thermostat in the kit but can get one later
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Where to get Oil Filter relocator kits - 20V Tue, 25 October 2005 07:59 Go to previous message
you could juse use a filter with an anti drain back? or thats ifferent?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RA60 clutch help......
Next Topic:4agze topmount
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:10:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059452056884766 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.