Toymods » General Car Talk » The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
omegaman
Regular

August 2003
Re: delete Sun, 25 September 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 25 September 2005 00:31]

Send a private message to this user    
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Sun, 25 September 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamgatan wrote on Sun, 25 September 2005 09:54

i saw a very nice orange JZA80 going a little faster than mr plod would have liked down the western motorway yesterday near the toll gates.. mmmm very nice.

hey speaking of which... does anyone know why the western motorway was closed halfway down it yesterday? there was around 30 butchers vans all banked up on the side ushering traffic off at the mt druitt exit??? there was no visible accident thats for sure!

a Truck driver friend, said someone riding a pushy got run over, body parts everywhere!
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Sun, 25 September 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Sun, 25 September 2005 11:29

a Truck driver friend, said someone riding a pushy got run over, body parts everywhere!

Shocked that is all sorts of messed up. poor guy... better switch the news on.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Sun, 25 September 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Sun, 25 September 2005 09:29

hamgatan wrote on Sun, 25 September 2005 09:54

i saw a very nice orange JZA80 going a little faster than mr plod would have liked down the western motorway yesterday near the toll gates.. mmmm very nice.

hey speaking of which... does anyone know why the western motorway was closed halfway down it yesterday? there was around 30 butchers vans all banked up on the side ushering traffic off at the mt druitt exit??? there was no visible accident thats for sure!

fux0r!!! Shocked no wonder
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Sun, 25 September 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Two guys were rding pushy's side by side they crashed and one fell into the traffic and got cleaned up. Crying or Very Sad
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Sun, 25 September 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would explain the vast amount of cop cars there and the witches hats diverting everyone.. signs further back said 'major incident ahead' as well... crap

what kind of nutcase rides up the motorway anyway? i mean it is pretty stupid with the amount of traffic going down it and the speed as well.. every other freeway i can think of outside NSW bans cyclists..
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Mon, 26 September 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know u wouldnt see my riding up and motorways or free ways. and thats deffinetly not cause im a lazy bastard. purely cause its playing wif fire. Rolling Eyes yes, definetly not cause im lazy...

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2005 04:25]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Mon, 26 September 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Um there is a good reason why a lot of ppl cycle with road bikes on major freeways, one they actually have a decent shoulder and they are smooth. My brother has Giant OCR2 and when he rides he has to choose well sealed roads because with tyre pressure of 100psi its very easy to get punctures he copped three in WOGGA on country roads.
Generally he will ride south from menangle with a mate not on the freeway though but its still a pretty busy road and well sealed and has a large shoulder. Technically the cyclists wouldn't even need to go on the shoulder they have equal rights to the roads as cars do and hence could take up the left lane should they choose to. Sure its dangerous but its the law.
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Mon, 26 September 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, speaking of accidents. i had my first really bad experience in my car. and i was shitting my self afterwards. these wet roads are a hell of a lot worse than u intend.
this should deffinetly be a leason for anyone else that hasnt yet learnt.

long story short, i was goin down m4 towards blue mountains and penrith etc, and i wanted to see if taking the erskine park dr (i think that how u spell it) exit would be faster than mamre road. and im convinced taht both are faster than walgrove atm with all that m7 going up.

anyway, i didnt realise how close i was to the end already and cause its such a dark road and the end of the road comes suddenly after a bend, i never saw it in time.

i took the corner on the brakes then wen i saw the big black and white arrows i jumped on the brakes harder. they locked and the car stoped steering. went straight for the gutter, luckily theres not gutter and i jus went up a small embankment into dirt and mud n shit. i ran over one of those little flexible white poles and slid through the mud. then i stopped, hoped out and slip down a muddy 1-1.5ft drop.
i was so close to the little edge that if i had been going any faster, and maybe if i hadnt hit that lil pole. then i wouild slid off it and the car would be on its roof, or sumfin a lot worse...

i came very close to a really bad case but got off easy, a leston to learn. im not taking no dum chances in the wet no more.

take it easy in the wet ppl.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Mon, 26 September 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I whole heartedly agree with the above comments, light old RWD cars and wet roads that haven't been wet for a long time are not a good combination. I have yet not come as close as you have ie off the road but i have had a few roundabout incidents. Going straight thru at say 30kmph and the arse lightens up and all of a sudden there is no grip usually happens when straightening up to exit the roundabout.
The first time it happened to me was on a two lane roundabout with a car next to me, somehow i managed to keep it in my lane but i reckon both me and the car next to me breathed a very big sigh of relief when i kept it straight.
In any of these incidents i have not been driving erradically and now and pretty much used to it, though i won't say it will never happen. The other week when it rained for the first time in a couple months the rear was getting very light, automatically i know know whats gonna happen so kerb my actions and stop it.

Its not just losing it to that worries me, though this doesn't happen as regularly (now have better springs shocks and tyres) it used to when doing a hillstart on to a couple roundabouts it'd start to spin the wheels from a normal 1000rpm take off. The car would start off fine, then it'd just stop dead on the roundabout and sits there at say 1500rpm turning the wheels, change to second and it'd still sometimes spin the wheels. First time it happen i couldn't hear any wheelspin so cos the car slow i tramped it as there was a car coming (not a good idea).

Happened last week on the way home from the station turning right out of a street up hill just had light rain, spins first change to second still spins dip clutch back in wait to regain grip and proceed. Very Happy
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Tue, 27 September 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, anyone on here go to uws campbelltown?

theres a r34. ricer bonnet, but apart from thats its sooo hot. anyone seen it round b4?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Tue, 27 September 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do i do, but i am part time so i am there at night, theres a few GTIR's there etc and 33's had seen the 34 though. What do you study?
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Tue, 27 September 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im first year doin a bachelor of computing. but im studying full time and only during day. i go mondays and tuesdays and dont go lecutres on wed and thurs cuase they are to boring Razz

how about u?
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Tue, 27 September 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh oh oh, and today i saw two cars, one nice and one terible(sorry if ur on here)

first one was a white supra wif a rediculous supra wing. it was one of those normal ones that everyone gets, maybe it comes stock i dunno. but enlarged.
like a big arse version of it, 1-1.5ft or sumfin stupid lol.

the other was a black mr2 wif sum nice looking chromes. it was at the servo off the f3. or maybe at that servo at the nelsons bay exit immediately on the left after the f3. not 100%. left at the first roundabout that is.

anyone on here?
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Tue, 27 September 2005 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spotted a Panda AE86 Levin with Gold-Inner Konigs in Parramatta two days ago, is this person a toymodder? never seen it before.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Wed, 28 September 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokey228 wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 22:38

im first year doin a bachelor of computing. but im studying full time and only during day. i go mondays and tuesdays and dont go lecutres on wed and thurs cuase they are to boring Razz

how about u?

Bachelor of business accounting, i am there monday and thursday nights, law sucks , accounting fundamentals isn't too bad.
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Wed, 28 September 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh. i would hate to do wat ur doing. but maths is a massive weak spot to me lol.
but computers is boring as shit, and crap thing is, im great at all the prac side of it cause my bro is a computer nerd and taught me heaps. but the theory side is soooo crap lol. gotta hit the books i geuss.

Quote:

Bachelor of business accounting, i am there monday and thursday nights, law sucks , accounting fundamentals isn't too bad.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Wed, 28 September 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spotted this on monday -

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/hamgatan/Toymods/IMGP1906.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/hamgatan/Toymods/IMGP1905.jpg

outside north perth KFC... MMMM finger lickin good!

TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Fri, 30 September 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blue hachi in wetherill park victoria st.
clean chrome exhaust rolling on stockies.

1st ive seen in the area.

Nathan
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Fri, 30 September 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw one of those big Lexus v8 sedans the other night around Moorooka. It was pretty loud and had the "big V8 sound" to it.
Had a nice body kit on it too - first time I've seen one done up like that.

It was funny how it just seemed so much like a Toyota-equivalent of a V8 Commodore or Falcon.

I forget what they're called, is it LS400? or Celsior or something?
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Fri, 30 September 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh, i think they are the ls400's. i seen a few round my area. all old bastards driving em to.
plenty soarers to, but only new styles and im not fond of em. rather the older ones. or an older supra...

speaking of which, i saw a black supra wif chromes on it, standard spoiler, but the dish on the rims was very respectable.
doubting it was anyone here cause the guy driving was aboout 60...
jus in case but, it was coming down the f3, or newcastle freeway. wateva u know it as...
Anastasios
Regular

September 2005
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Wed, 05 October 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha i go uws blacktown theres a few nice cars round there ny1 go?...i drive a orange 55 sedan
Anastasios
Regular

September 2005
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Wed, 05 October 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also does anybody on here go taren point industrial areas at night when it rains...
1ZZFEWagon
Regular

August 2004
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Wed, 05 October 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saw reg MYAE86 along Ballarat rd!!!

dude I want your car!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Thu, 06 October 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet lookin ta22/23 driving into Glenmore Park at about 7pm last night coming from Northern Rd.

I was heading opposite way but saw it just... dark blue wheels
seemed fairly clean.
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Thu, 06 October 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw a white aw11 this morning (brisbane) on Fairfield rd. From a distance, it looked like it has the sc tail lights and some aftermarket wheels. Turned onto Sherwood road.
If he happened to look in his rear view, he might've seen me (grey aw11).

Probably was no one on here though, damn brisbane aw11s!, get on forums and stuff!

7MSupra
Regular

April 2004
    ?
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Thu, 06 October 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw "toycsx" today on fitzgerald st at 4.30 pm
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Sat, 08 October 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
White AE86 with a black front lip on Bell street heading towards Heidelberg in Melbourne. Number plate starting with T.

You got some pretty sick positive camber happening at the rear dude Razz
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Mon, 10 October 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anastasios wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 11:53

also does anybody on here go taren point industrial areas at night when it rains...

ahahah, i dunno where that is but i can only geuss why u go Razz

im from northern beaches wen im not at uni and my mate drives a 180sx. well drove, he lent it to a friend and they crashed it.
he regularly makes visits to auslink industrial park Razz
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Mon, 10 October 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, what was the cruise i saw yesterday? anyone else see it... sunday it was. sunny but windy as hell.

i saw 10+ nice lookin supras crusiing down mona vale road. and then a convoy of rotars. and a small group of nissans.

all in all i saw about 25-30 modified cars cruise down mona vale road from st ives shops opposite gramma primary upto jus after st ives village. short spurt of lots of cars.lol
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Thu, 13 October 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha spotted the Team Rid3 or Die presses pink pooch mobile broken down on Walgrove Rd today Laughing

Werd!
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Thu, 13 October 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 16:12

Saw a red AW11 MR2 going past the entrance to north sydney train station about an hour ago.

Number plates were MR2-something

few lil dents, but looked like a nice car (as they always do!)

I think I saw it at manly on that day aswell. Did it have a tow ball? Cause the AW11 I saw had one!

I thought someone had stolen my car (and then put a towball on it...)
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Thu, 13 October 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pretty ruff silver on black panda sprinter in Campbelltown today round 5:45pm turning left on to Blaxland road out of Blair Athol.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Thu, 13 October 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was it a coupe? could be the new one owned by one of the boys at Bell Garage. I think its the same one that was at Just Jap for a while.
ae92matt
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Fri, 14 October 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A Blue sprinter with black bumpers around the hornsby area with silver wheels, looked nice.

it was quite low.

anyone?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Sat, 15 October 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 09:56

Was it a coupe? could be the new one owned by one of the boys at Bell Garage. I think its the same one that was at Just Jap for a while.

Nah it was a hatch, also saw a neet light metallic blue one in St Andrews turning off Ballantrae Drive near the shops think i've seen it round befor but it has auscar 5 spoke mags now, just the normal style mags from the 90's kinda. Used to have stockies on it. Very neat car. Very Happy
EGG80X
Regular

March 2004
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Tue, 18 October 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spotted Karl with his Pimpin Crown on James Ruse drive this morning

[Updated on: Tue, 18 October 2005 10:30]

WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Tue, 18 October 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae92matt wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 17:59

A Blue sprinter with black bumpers around the hornsby area with silver wheels, looked nice.

it was quite low.

anyone?

was it this one?
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&a mp;id=7316&rid=3378&S=fb833a33f77db4e11da7 19052d7f8b20

if it is the guy is from the central coast and on here using the name huchiroku i think
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Tue, 25 October 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know its a double post but meh.

for some reason i spotted a heap of toyotas with toymods stickers driving around manly/palm beach on sunday not sure why that would happen Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

spotted blue sptivo today, near beaton park.

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Wed, 02 November 2005 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anastasios wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 11:53

I hear tossers all the time flying around that area when I'm working on my car at night. I also often test my car around those streets (within the speed limit). If anyone comes sliding around a corner and hits my car while I'm out testing it, I'll put the 12 months work I've put in to my car into their head!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: The Official "I Spotted Your Ride" Thread Thu, 03 November 2005 06:01 Go to previous message
spotted a trueno on the upper north shore, seen it parked in the same street twice now. won't give out the specifics on where as i'm sure we have some lurkers on here
Pages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fuel consumption for MZ20??
Next Topic:Who can comply 15yr + imports?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:03:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075168609619141 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.