Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Transmission and power steering fluid

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Transmission and power steering fluid Sat, 22 October 2005 11:57 Go to next message
Just wondering on what power steering fluid is recomended for a 1G-GTE soarer. Also what transmission fluid would be recomended for a A340e gearbox. Both need changing and I dont know what to use.

THanks

Rob
  Send a private message to this user    
MacroP
Regular

April 2004
Re: Transmission and power steering fluid Sat, 22 October 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just chuck some Dextron III into both. Get some Toyota Type IV for the tranny if your wallet can afford it.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Transmission and power steering fluid Sat, 22 October 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What would the advantages would the Toyota type IV have over the dextron III? nd where would you get it in melbourne or the eastern suburbs? Toyota I guess but would proberbly charge an arm and a leg for it right.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 October 2005 12:57]

bahnugget
Regular

August 2005
Re: Transmission and power steering fluid Sat, 22 October 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah from what i hear Toyota TypeIV isnt particularly cheap...

i find that the Mobil ATF (Dextron III version) is good, also with power steering fluid basically anything will do (as long as its Dextron3)
MacroP
Regular

April 2004
Re: Transmission and power steering fluid Sat, 22 October 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Rob wrote on Sat, 22 October 2005 20:56

What would the advantages would the Toyota type IV have over the dextron III? nd where would you get it in melbourne or the eastern suburbs? Toyota I guess but would proberbly charge an arm and a leg for it right.

Where in Melbourne? WTF. Dextron III IS the most common ATF available. I'm sure there would be several hundred places in Melbourne that sell it, possibly more. As for Toyota Type IV, that sort of speaks for it self. I buy my Toyota Longlife(coolant) from the same place. Better still, on Monday ring up your local Yota dealer and ask them, and then ring your local auto-part's store for a price for the DIII. Make your choice from there.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Transmission and power steering fluid Sat, 22 October 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i ment where to get the Type IV. I thought it was given the dextron III was available everywhere, where as Type IV was not so.

I'll call toyota on monday and make a decision lol.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Transmission and power steering fluid Sun, 23 October 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to your Toyota dealer and buy the Toyota stuff - it's not expensive, and it comes in a funky little tin (that is also a bit of a pest... but anyway) - you can't go wrong.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Transmission and power steering fluid Tue, 25 October 2005 06:50 Go to previous message
$25 for a 4L tin. You will need two or 3 of them for a complete flush.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze topmount
Next Topic:Strange power steering problem...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 11:50:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059709548950195 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.