Toymods » Tech & Conversions » soarer steering and brake problems , help needed

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
soarer steering and brake problems , help needed Mon, 24 October 2005 09:17 Go to next message
guys i have this problem with my soarer theres two of em so iil state both

firstly the steering rack has worn out on one side and the car will steer funni if i brake really hard and the wheel has a lot of play in it , so what other car steering rack can i use if i cant find another soarer one

second problem

the brake disc on the right side front is warped and due to that the brake pads are gripping on the metal disc which is causing the car to make a loud scraping noise the guys at the local brake place said that they nneded to either machine the disc or get a new one but they didnt know the tolerance for the machining as the disc was alredy looking thin and worn , and they couldnt match up the soarer dics with another car

what other car disc will fit , or is it worthwile upgrading to another good set , i know the ma70 ones are bigger , so will the fit with the standars soarer calipers or will the calipers need to be changed as well,

i just spent 700 dollars nearly a year ago reconditioning the calipers and getting new pads and disc machined so i need a good solution please that wont cost me heaps

thanks lads
  Send a private message to this user    
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: soarer steering and brake problems , help needed Mon, 24 October 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate - when it comes to brakes - i got a set of new calipers (ma70- 300mm for $40 each through brake shop) shop around no one if u cant find any decent price get back to me - a pair of calipers cost $50 and 40 dollars for bendix pads, so for approx 200, your sorted as for the steering rack i might be able to help u
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: soarer steering and brake problems , help needed Mon, 24 October 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks pal but my calipers are ok im guessing its the round metal discs that the calipers hold onto when brakign that are fcuked , its warped , so the surface is uneven and when driving u can hear the caliper/pad grab on the warped surface and make the annoying noise , not to mention wear down the pads quickly as well the brake shop guys told me that the ma70 discs are 300mm larger and they dont know if the discs will fit in the stock soarer caliper as the soarer stock discs are 300mm smaller in diameter

btw this is in the front brakes

[Updated on: Mon, 24 October 2005 09:41]

stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: soarer steering and brake problems , help needed Mon, 24 October 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can tell u know that mz calipers will not fit ma70 rotors - it was a cheeper and quicker option to change everything over to ma70 as i couldnt track down any mz rotors - like 250 eachdollars from toyota
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: soarer steering and brake problems , help needed Mon, 24 October 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your calipers will come apart in to pieces - a bracket and the piston half - u only need the bracket half - therfore keep your existing pistons
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: soarer steering and brake problems , help needed Tue, 25 October 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark damn isnt there anything else i can do

so get the ma70 disc and the half bracketwill this work for sure ivehad enuf brake problems and worse its only 1 out of the 4
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: soarer steering and brake problems , help needed Tue, 25 October 2005 10:21 Go to previous message
know a guy basically giving away a gz20 front brake setu from one side, have pm's u details.

Chris
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1JZGTE conversion
Next Topic:has anyone actually used/built a megasquirt ecu?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 04:23:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046391487121582 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.