Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » a few questions on 20v with microtech, fan switch, iscv, vsv

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
a few questions on 20v with microtech, fan switch, iscv, vsv Tue, 25 October 2005 15:34 Go to next message
I've got a few questions about my 20v with microtech LT10, If
anyone knows about them would you please give me some advices. Smile

# 1: I'm about to wire up my vvt vsv and iscv anyone knows where can I get the plugs for them?

# 2: I bought an electric fan for my ae86, its from wrecker and off a car called cc, although I don't know what it is. But it comes with a water temperature sensor. I have just wired up the fan with a relay. The relay is now from ignition to ground on the lower current side, battery to fan motor on the higher current side, then to ground. There are two wires out of the water temp sensor, which I think one is the positive signal, another one is just ground as it joints to the fan motor's ground wire orginally.
My problem is that the fan always on, which keeps the motor being too cold, which is not a good thing. I want to make a switch so that when the water temp is hot, the sensor opens circuit and the fan turns on. Anyone knows how to do this? Is there a switch can do this which I can buy from somewhere?
Besides, I also thought of hooking up the positive signal of the water temp to my microtech's AUX Input 1, and use AUX out number 1 to the negative lower current plug on the relay(which is now to the ground), and use the microtech to control the fan, is it possible/necessary?

# 3: I'm using a microtech with silver top 20v, I want to have an air temp sensor, where can I get one?? can I just buy any air temp sensor of wrecker or do I need a specific one for my engine? please giveme some advice.

# 4: Last one is the oxygen sensor, again do I need a specific one for 20v? I know 20v original one has 4 wires but my microtech seems doesn't have 4 wires for the oxygen sensor, so should I just go get any oxygen sensor?

sorry for these lots of questions but I really want to wire up every component propelly before I bring the car to tune.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2005 09:11]

Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: a few questions on 20v with microtech, fan switch, plugs, sensors Wed, 26 October 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1) I'm guessing you didn't get a cut loom with your motor? Wrecker will be the best bet

2) If you have a coolant temp switch for the fan, you don't need to use the Microtech to control it at all.

3) Grab one from any Delco powered Camira.

4) Not specific, 4 wire is just 1 wire with a heater.
Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
Re: a few questions on 20v with microtech, fan switch, plugs, sensors Wed, 26 October 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1.)so are the plugs used by many toyota engine or specifically for 20v 4age only.

3.) Is this the old holden front wheel drive family car? I thought its engine is carby. what else can I get other than this? as I think this car is very old, the temp sensor from wrecker might have been stuffed. So what air temp sensor people usually use with 20v and microtech?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: a few questions on 20v with microtech, fan switch, plugs, sensors Thu, 27 October 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1) I have no idea what the vvt plug looks like, but I've only ever seen the ISCV plug on a couple of Toyotas. I think one of the 3SGE's had the same plug, can't remember though.

3) Yes, thats the one, but they released 2 efi versions.
One EFI version was run on Bosch, and I'm not sure if it used an airtemp sensor
The other EFI version was run on Delco, and it used an airtemp sensor at the base of the intake runner number #4.
2 wire sensor, screws in, can't miss it.
All VN-VR commies use it too. I'm not sure where it is on the V6, but the V8 has it at the base of runner #3 I think.

I'm 99% sure the Microtech will have been programmed for this sensor, but give Microtech a call, they will be able to tell you for sure.
Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
Re: a few questions on 20v with microtech, fan switch, plugs, sensors Thu, 27 October 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1) Thanks very much for providing info on the plugs and sensors, I went to wrecker today and found the plugs for vsv and iscv and o2 sensor but still can't find one to suit the vvt switch and also the camira air temp sensor, I'll go try some other wrecker tomorrow.

2) Just tested the switch that comes with the fan today and worked out that the switch actually work another way round which is it opens curcuit cold and closes at hot temp. Which means I can just connect it to the relay and fan will operates only if water is hot. Which also means that I can save one more aux output and leave it for something else.

4) Do you know how to test the one wire oxygen sensor? I used ohmmeter's positive to the wire and negative to the sensor body and no current goes thru it.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2005 09:10]

Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
Re: a few questions on 20v with microtech, fan switch, plugs, sensors Thu, 27 October 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also, for the iscv, the microtech manuel says there are three wires go into the iscv, the middle one is +12v while the other two is grey/green, grey/white. And the only grey/green and grey/white I can find from the microtech are the very short wires going into the microtech ignitor, which is ignition output #3 and #4, I think they are the right wire but the manuel doesn't name the wire. Just want someone who has experience to confirm.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2005 08:15]

Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
Re: a few questions on 20v with microtech, fan switch, plugs, sensors Fri, 28 October 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh bad, just read some old threads and found that I can't use the ign output #3 & 4 to operate the iscv if I'm using sequential ignitor direct fire what ever they called. Wonder if I can use two aux out to do the job. The car actually is running and idles without the iscv connected, it idles at 900-1000 rpm all the time while its suppose to be at 800 from what the 20v manuel says. And the iscv is actually sucking air at idle(when I block it the car stalled). Does it mean that my iscv stays opened even when the car is not at idle? Any bad for operating like this? should I block the iscv and use something else like throttle stopper to idle?

also, is the vsv(the one under the quads) only useful if I have an aircond? As I thought vsv is for cold start and iscv is for idle speed control. But looks like iscv is actually for cold start idle speed and nothing is for normal idle speed now.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2005 09:05]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: a few questions on 20v with microtech, fan switch, iscv, vsv Fri, 28 October 2005 10:48 Go to previous message
The ISCV usually controls all idles, cold, and warm.
With no control, it defaults to fully open (so if it fails the car won't stall).

The 3 wires are open, close, and power (I'm 90% sure its power and not earth).

The LT8S can control it with #3 and #4 if you are only controlling 2 coils (like I am), but not if you use them for controlling coils #3 and #4.
The LT10S has 2 dedicated controls for the ISCV.

When you have correct control of it, you can program the idle to come down to what ever you set (the control wasn't perfect on mine, not sure if it was setting or setup - ie, on the car).

Understand?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Smallport head on red/black top 4age
Next Topic:Toyota Cynos Seats
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 20:07:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058469772338867 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.