Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Tank
Regular

June 2002

One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Tue, 18 February 2003 03:14 Go to next message
Don't know if you have all seen this one yet it has been around for a while but hey it looks sweeeet Very Happy

http://www.tcpnet.com.au/sprinter1.jpg

http://www.tcpnet.com.au/sprinter2.jpg

http://www.tcpnet.com.au/sprinter3.jpg

http://www.tcpnet.com.au/sprinter4.jpg

Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Tue, 18 February 2003 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used to love the panda style paint job but if i see another initial d inspired ae86 im gonna puke. still looks nice tho. Confused
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Tue, 18 February 2003 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you'll be spewing any day now then!!.......... Very Happy
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Tue, 18 February 2003 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its even got the same plates as the initial D car Confused
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Tue, 18 February 2003 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the initial D sprinter didnt have a 20V.
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Wed, 19 February 2003 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rollaboy wrote on Wed, 19 February 2003 10:03

im sure it did ? what engine did he put in after the engine blew in the evo race Laughing

what does it matter if its styled after initial D if his happy to spend his money on what he likes and that's what he likes good on him , anyway im sure i never saw a canon muffler on takumi's car.

that colour scheme is very nice think i might have to get mine done like that .... well it beats fluro pinks Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 19 February 2003 00:05]

EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Wed, 19 February 2003 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ae86 in ID has a 20v in it
started with a 16v then when it blew up in the 2nd season they put a 20v in it
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Wed, 19 February 2003 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Widowmaker wrote on Wed, 19 February 2003 11:04

rollaboy wrote on Wed, 19 February 2003 10:03

im sure it did ? what engine did he put in after the engine blew in the evo race Laughing

what does it matter if its styled after initial D if his happy to spend his money on what he likes and that's what he likes good on him , anyway im sure i never saw a canon muffler on takumi's car.

that colour scheme is very nice think i might have to get mine done like that .... well it beats fluro pinks Very Happy

arhhh thought so
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Wed, 19 February 2003 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah im pretty sure it was the normal 16v but it was a race engine that revved out to 12000rpm...
i'm not much of an initial D fan but i remember it well Very Happy
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Wed, 19 February 2003 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think it might have been a 20v too. his dad told him that peak power is at 11,000rpm. only engine i know of that can get near that is probably the 20V.

everytime in the series that they were opening the bonnet, i was looking hard to see what engine it was. never thought they showed enough of the engine tho. not to worry.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Wed, 19 February 2003 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno anything about 20v engines Very Happy but i do remember takumi and ituseki (sp?) saying it was a 'race/circuit' engine.
isnt there a real life 12000rpm engine made by Atlantic or something like that?
i dunno, i just hear things
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Wed, 19 February 2003 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a 20v
im 100% sure about it
they talk about the motor as being formula A
or formula Atlantic

they show the motor a number of times throughout the show
giving u lots of time to see that it is a 20v
i can provide some screenshots if some1 wants to host them for abit Smile
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Thu, 20 February 2003 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no screen shots needed Smile
i believe ya'll
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Thu, 20 February 2003 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
St3ve_AE92 wrote on Thu, 20 February 2003 08:23

i think it might have been a 20v too. his dad told him that peak power is at 11,000rpm. only engine i know of that can get near that is probably the 20V.

4age 16 valve's can be made to rev pretty high Very Happy

St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Thu, 20 February 2003 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i totally believe u that it is a 20V. be interested to see the screen shots.

send em to sendstevestuff@hotmail.com

and i'll host em for a while.
Cool
purpleminiep
Regular

May 2002
Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Thu, 20 February 2003 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the opening credits of the second series they show the 16v change into the 20v. I have a screen dump at
http://www.users.bigpond.com/morrismini/images/bac kground.jpg

It is not a formula atlantic they run 16v. It os sort of like a formula toyota except it doesn't have webers. The formula toyota is s support category like formula ford without 1950's engines.

Brad
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Thu, 20 February 2003 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah somthing like that
there was a pic of 1 of the cars in a
HPI (Hi-Performance Imports) mag a few months ago
DRAG'N 4
Regular

May 2002
Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Fri, 21 February 2003 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are a few websites with specs on all the cars featured in initial d, including the old and new engines in takumi's trueno. All sites say that it is a 4age race engine capable of 250 hp at 11,000 rpm which is apparently based on a real 16v 4age used in a trueno in japan for circuit races. Then again, there is a lot of bulls**t smeared all over the internet. So who knows?
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: One for the sprinter boys (pics!!!) Fri, 21 February 2003 15:42 Go to previous message
Sigh ... EMP-2TG is correct. From the movie you will find that they clarify that it is a group N2 spec race engine from Japan based on a 20 Valve engine. Not available on the street and only used on race tracks.

Note the formula atlantics have similar characteristics however they are based on 16v engines which is where the main difference lies.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:BUGMAN where are you???
Next Topic:Corola 2 SR???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 19:14:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005302906036377 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.