Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DJ Chesta
Regular

September 2004
YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Tue, 25 October 2005 22:44 Go to next message
Post pics and give us details what you think a ricer is.....
let see if people get it right. Smile
-> and its not us guys from the pacific who eat rice hahaha.
  Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Tue, 25 October 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://home.earthlink.net/~snodrgn/5091400Blake%20Kercovich.jpg
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Tue, 25 October 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Must resist temptation to post pics of DJ Chesta's car j/ks Razz

http://www.subiegal.com/images/events/WA%20Rice/jantoapr2005/camry_ricer.jpg

http://www.craigfr.com/rice/ron3.JPG

http://www.importtuner.com/features/0310it_civic14_z.jpg
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Tue, 25 October 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people reckon cars with rims and if it happens to be a honda its rice.

rice is something that isnt necessary on the car... ie 2foot gt wing on a excel.

jap stickers or toys on the dash i consider rice.

i dont see what so bad about the civic above apart from the doors. i reckon its actually quite tastefull

[Updated on: Tue, 25 October 2005 23:06]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Tue, 25 October 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
h3ff44 wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 09:05

people reckon cars with rims and if it happens to be a honda its rice.

rice is something that isnt necessary on the car... ie 2foot gt wing on a excel.

jap stickers or toys on the dash i consider rice.

i dont see what so bad about the civic above apart from the doors. i reckon its actually quite tastefull

Rims are only rice when they either don't suit the car or are just over the top ie 18 inch chromies on a corolla yuk.

As for the civic it actually doesn't look too bad but the doors and the insane amount of stickers on the passenger side of the front windscreen kinda screm rice.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Tue, 25 October 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the civic is autmotically rice cos you wouldnt be able to drive that thing seriously the way its sitting now.

RICE/ricy kunt/rice monger/etc: people who spend cash on visual 'tuning' with disregard of performance loss its causing.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My definition of rice is a car thats asthetic modifications are not in line with it's performance.

This would mean a TRD sticker on a car that's only TRD part is the sticker, and the oil cap. Extra rice points if you have a TRD sticker, and NO actual TRD parts.
Not rice would be a TRD sticker on a car that has TRD cams and a TRD head gasket.

Rice would be a car that has cut springs, or has been dumped but hasn't had the suspension set up to work properly.
Not rice would be a car that sits on coilovers that have been pushed to their limit on the track.

Rice would be a car with an aero kit that makes the car heavier than origonal, provides no downforce, on a car with a bog stock 1.5ltr carby engine *looks at hyundais*
Not rice would be a lightweight front bar+skirts+rear bar+CF bonnet on a car that is taken down for track work.

Rice would be a connon muffler on a AE86 with a 4A-C.
Not Rice would be a 3" exhaust with free flowing muffler on a 4A-GZE powered AE86.

But there is tastefull rice, and not so tastefull rice.
Tastefull would be a nice bodykit and rims on a stock JZA80 Supra RZ.
Not Tastefull rice would be a lookalike CF bonnet with a wild bodykit on a bright yellow Civic that has been dumped with 18" rims, and a cannon exhaust with a totaly stock non-VTEC engine.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 10:25

Not Tastefull rice would be a lookalike CF bonnet with a wild bodykit on a bright yellow Civic that has been dumped with 18" rims, and a cannon exhaust with a totaly stock non-VTEC engine.

but what if it has a pod filter..for fluttaz? Rolling Eyes
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 11:37

Shraka wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 10:25

but what if it has a pod filter..for fluttaz? Rolling Eyes

go stand in the corner.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought that was a perfectly legitimate question...

Laughing Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 12:00

I thought that was a perfectly legitimate question...

Laughing Laughing

especially for a honda owner Razz
DJ Chesta
Regular

September 2004
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 08:59

[/img]

LOL!...good one.....many can consider mine Rice, so anything with looks and 184@rears is rice too?
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone who doesn't know when to stop sticking shit on their car. Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DJ Chesta wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 12:12

[/img]

LOL!...good one.....many can consider mine Rice, so anything with looks and 184@rears is rice too?

I don't i was just taking the piss. Wink
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Calpic Motorsports. is proud to introduce the all-new
SUNAMI TURBO NOISE SIMULATOR.

The SUNAMI will simulate the “psssst” noise generated from the blow off valve of a turbo-equipped vehicle.

The SUNAMI comes complete with all hardware, which includes a manual push button trigger mechanism as well as a vacuum switch trigger mechanism.

http://sunamiturbo.com/
http://sunamiturbo.com/docs/sunami_turbo_ad1.pdf

buy this:

http://sunamiturbo.com/images/hp_right_image.jpg

get these:

http://sunamiturbo.com/images/hp_left_image7.jpg
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would it be Rice if I stuck a side on picture of The Hoffs head on my drivers window so it looks like the Hoff is driving my car when people pull up beside me?

I am not worried about the legalities of it all, just whether or not it is Rice.

My SUNAMI TURBO NOISE SIMULATOR turns up tomorrow, best $400 I ever spent Cool

Da flutterz meltz da chiks like butterz Cool
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more juvenile, attention seeking, how better can i spend my money to make my self confidence creep up amongst the masses, products that you can buy Nod

http://www.geocities.com/import_portal/fakeintercooler.jpg

if image non linking, copy, and paste into a new window:

http://www.geocities.com/import_portal/fakeinterco oler.jpg
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And the english speaking population define it as this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricer
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So many products and so little time, must resist temptation to rice out corona before replacing it.

First stop neighbours house to knock off cannon and 17 inch bling mags get them redrilled for that extra ricer unroadworthiness.
DJ Chesta
Regular

September 2004
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 12:20

DJ Chesta wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 12:12

[/img]

I don't i was just taking the piss. Wink

haha yeh I know u were...i shouldve put a Smiley = with that or a =p
DJ Chesta
Regular

September 2004
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 12:44

And the english speaking population define it as this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricer

TOO Right!..Spot on!...good definition...Too many haters out there that think all modded cars are rice.

1. ricer link

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think we all agreed the one thing about the rice. All rice cars have ovahsized chrome wheels. Worst cases are those with fancy colour lug nuts. Sad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img62.exs.cx/img62/2588/coronaextra.jpg
does that count as rice Confused
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Eyes

I agree about the wing, on cars that arent fast unless its from the factory.

http://ck.kolivas.org/pictures/ricer.jpg

http://www.strangevehicles.com/images/content/106150.jpg
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol someone has been searching ricer on google images i found the above car too, couldn't be bothered posting it as it was just a little too overboard.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 15:41

Lol someone has been searching ricer on google images i found the above car too, couldn't be bothered posting it as it was just a little too overboard.

no you ruined my secret Crying or Very Sad .
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rice = race inspired cosmetic enhancements
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.rice.asn.au/vb/showthread.php?t=1906 not according to these blokes. Laughing They seem to think its REAL Import car enthusiasts.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 October 2005 06:07]

Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rice = all show and no go.

That said I reckon that blue Civic looks good Smile
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
funny Ricer Racing Simulator
http://www.reubengathright.com/jpg/ricers/gti_vs_c ivic.swf
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
puzzle man wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 16:42

funny Ricer Racing Simulator
http://www.reubengathright.com/jpg/ricers/gti_vs_c ivic.swf

THATS A PISSER
CRAB-86
Regular

September 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ME Very Happy
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sim has me in stitches everytime Laughing

IMO a ricer is someone who does up a car to 'look' like it goes a million bucks, but is a fibreglassed, stickerised, fart cannoned, underpowered hatch etc that doesnt have the oomph to back up the pizazz

On the other hand I feel someone should have the right to make their car look however they want as long as it can walk the walk....most people harshly judge show cars...but I keep on reminding people that they are called "SHOW" cars for a reason.

Some may call my car ricey, but atleast i know its got the balls to back up its good looks Cool and thats all that matters to me, not what other people think

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i ricer is anyone but me!hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha
mick
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

What people determine rice is far and varied, as I found out a few weeks ago when someone called out "ricer" at me 'cos of my fender mirrors and fancy rear lights.

I was somewhat bemused.

seeyuzz
river
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/309275/2/Bowl_of_Rice.jpg
michaelhaynes110
Regular

June 2005
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A local. Pissed myself when this thing was racing near McDonalds. Just by chance found the pic on a LAN forum.

http://img493.imageshack.us/img493/342/fron33li.jpg
DJ Chesta
Regular

September 2004
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaa...i had a similar story....just pulled out of a servo at Gladesville near BD4's and two guys at the servo about to hop into their HSV Monaro and one called out 'whats that mate?'...and the other guy goes..'looks like a chunky riced up MR2 to me' and they started laughing.....I caught the first set of red lights close by the servo and the monaro pulled up beside me heading city bound and started revvin......I was abit fooled about what they said so I kept my revs up 4000rpm's the lights went green and all hell broke loose, both of us head to head midway of 2nd gear, by the of 3rd going 140+kms, 18pounds of boost @ 184kw at the treads I was 2 car lengths from these smart @ss punks and gave them the finger as I took off...

Think my cars rice?? well I just made them eat it! Laughing
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

A rice-mobile is any vehicle where bling, aerofoils, body kits and other subesequent pseudo-performance enhancing eye-candy is writing checques the true performance components of the vehicle can't cash.

seeyuzz
river
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
street racing rulez!!!! Rolling Eyes

cause pride is worth more than someone's life

disclaimer: this isn't just a shot at you Chesta, but to all the stop light racing heros out there
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Wed, 26 October 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Thu, 27 October 2005 09:06

street racing rulez!!!! Rolling Eyes

cause pride is worth more than someone's life

disclaimer: this isn't just a shot at you Chesta, but to all the stop light racing heros out there

yeah street racing sure is fun.

but its funny how most ppl are all about straight line. as soon as u get to a corner they slow right down.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Thu, 27 October 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This guy I know kept calling me a "ricey"... 'cuz I was gonna get a JZA70... For starters, the term is Ricer, and secondly... fuck off. But then I got the Honda. Smile Which I hear are prone to rice. Razz
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Thu, 27 October 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha amen about the fuck off comment shakra..

interesting thread tho, sorta. Smile

my opinion has pretty much been covered..
a ricer is a guy who takes a nice car.. and leaves the performance side stock, and goes all out on bodykit, wing, cannon, then drives around at 10 below the limit ..

Much respect to the 'ricers' who fly sideways over speedhumps in s.e. melb Smile

mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Thu, 27 October 2005 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so rice = more looks the go?
so according to rice hater here, how much kw do i have to gain before im allowed to put on bigger rims? or how much faster do i have to do the 1/4 before i get to put on some stickers? is there a forumla i gotta stick to just incase i fall into the rice zone?

man just give it a break, some people maybe just like to make their car look good and actually dont care about going fast
so is there a problem with that? you might not like the bodykit and bigass wing on the car but thats only YOUR opinion.

im sure that if a farrari owner came on here and called most of your cars rice that you wont be too happy about it
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Thu, 27 October 2005 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rice: Anything that changes the outward appearance of a car with less than 250rwkw.

Harsh... but fair.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Thu, 27 October 2005 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 01:28

Rice: Anything that changes the outward appearance of a car with less than 250rwkw.

Harsh... but fair.

haha that mean all front drives are rice
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Thu, 27 October 2005 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4wd's can have 250rwkw - they just have it at the front as well. Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 27 October 2005 15:35]

fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Thu, 27 October 2005 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

man just give it a break, some people maybe just like to make their car look good and actually dont care about going fast
so is there a problem with that? you might not like the bodykit and bigass wing on the car but thats only YOUR opinion.

But that's the thing.. you see a guy with a fast and furious styled car that's absolutely standard under the carbon fibre hood? it's kinda funny.. you poke fun at it.

Of course it can go too far.. i mean if someone just puts a bit of kit on their car to make it look nicer, that's great! but if they're going to have fake blow off valves, and plastic intercoolers, and stick on air brushing.. that's totally different Very Happy

It'd be like, a guy walking around with boxing gloves hanging over his shoulders "do you box?" "no, i just like to look like i do."

Very Happy
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Thu, 27 October 2005 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fOOZ86 wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 01:52

you might not like the bodykit and bigass wing on the car but thats only YOUR opinion.

yup, and thats why i'm the one doing the laughing at it

dont think thats fair? well thats only YOUR opinion

illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Thu, 27 October 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 03:39

fOOZ86 wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 01:52

you might not like the bodykit and bigass wing on the car but thats only YOUR opinion.

yup, and thats why i'm the one doing the laughing at it

dont think thats fair? well thats only YOUR opinion

couldnt have said it better myself.

i love giving shit to ricers. but thats what u get for doing STUPID SHIT to ur car!!!!!!!!!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 01:24

so rice = more looks the go?
so according to rice hater here, how much kw do i have to gain before im allowed to put on bigger rims? or how much faster do i have to do the 1/4 before i get to put on some stickers? is there a forumla i gotta stick to just incase i fall into the rice zone?

The Law!
Stickers
You may only place brand name stickers on your car if you have a substantial performance upgrade from the company displayed, or the specific brand type displayed. Got a Type R sticker? Your car better be Type R spec or better. TRD sticker? You better have a TRD Head Gasket, Cams, and Cam gears. Otherwise it's rice.
Any non brand stickers will be instantly identified as rice, but may possibly be branded "tastefull rice", but that's up to the eye of the beholder.
WARNING: Some people consider any sort of stickers rice, unless you are getting payed to put it there.

Rims
If they are heavier than standard and aren't designed to improve your already modified suspension settings, then they are instantly rice.

Paint
Any fancy colours are rice. Once again if this is tastefull or not is entirely up to the person viewing the car.
Murals are definatly rice.

Bodykits
If they don't provide downforce, lighten your car or you never race on the track then they're rice.

Neons
Rice.

Chrome Engine Bay / Colour Coded engine bay
Rice.

Lowering
If this doesn't improve your handling or you don't ever push it, then it's rice.

Exhausts
If you have a modified exhaust that doesn't gain you any power, then it's rice.
If the tip is substantialy larger than the through width, then it's rice.

Fake Intercoolers, Fake Bovs, Free venting bovs on an AFM engine, Altezza or Clear tail lights, blue headlights, LED Washers, Spinners, fake disk breaks, Fake air ducts, single whiper mods
Rice, Rice, Rice, Rice or Rice, Rice, Rice, Rice, very rice, ricey rice, OHMYGOD rice!

Painted Drum Breaks
Just shoot yourself now.

Large Tachos + Shift lights
Auto + tacho = rice under any circumstances.
If you change the redline of your engine, or put a different engine in your car then these are acceptable.
Shift lights are acceptable if you take your car to the drag strip. Otherwise it's rice.

So now you know! Razz

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2005 07:44]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You forgot painted drums Wink , lancer owners that means you.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea gotta paint the drums, cos u can when u put the 17"s on it dont even look like they have any brakes at all bhahahahahahaha
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well said shraka, I agree wholeheartedly.

But if we're making this 'The law' then you might want to include, single wiper mod, hood scoops (when not venting properly), shift lights & monster tachs (again with the disclaimer that the car is not a 'tracked' car).
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i consider any stickers to be RICE if you are not getting payed to advertise a companies products. thats why race cars have them, not because they look cool.

plus that cameleon paint is a big plate of fried rice and honey chickan SPECIAL!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
illuminatus wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 13:49

i consider any stickers to be RICE if you are not getting payed to advertise a companies products. thats why race cars have them, not because they look cool.

plus that cameleon paint is a big plate of fried rice and honey chickan SPECIAL!

What if its descrete like the levin I looked at had a toms badge/sticker thing on the bootlid. Not sure whether it had toms parts on it but it had been lowered.
YR22RG_TaragoRV
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've always gone for the 'less is more' approach when it comes to street cred. My definition of rice has pretty much been covered here.

Big wheels, big bodykit, big stereo etc don't add up to a competition car.

I'd spend huge $$$ on upgrading suspension, brakes, engine & driveline and just clean up the body to stock. No wings or spoilers aside from maybe a small lip on the front and a small wing at the end of the roof mounted to the tailgate.

Or I could just do a Donut King jet-van approach to my Tarago! Evil or Very Mad Laughing Wait would that be rice? Confused
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YR22RG_TaragoRV wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 14:08

Or I could just do a Donut King jet-van approach to my Tarago! Evil or Very Mad Laughing Wait would that be rice? Confused

When the JET engine doesn't actually perform any forward moving motion i guess its rice. But if its too toast ricers like the Mr Wippy vans they do then no it serves a very good purpose. Evil or Very Mad
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 13:59

illuminatus wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 13:49

What if its descrete like the levin I looked at had a toms badge/sticker thing on the bootlid. Not sure whether it had toms parts on it but it had been lowered.

i guess they are ok, if u mean like a little S4 or R34 or HF bagde on ur grille.

Quote:

But if its too toast DONUTS then no it serves a very good purpose

fixed
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MMMM donuts, but eerrrr they're deep fried not toasted.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1UZ engine cutaway diagram pics? Anyone have?
Next Topic:$25/50US real-time logger for O2,AFM/MAF/MAP,TPS,RPM found!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:54:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079548358917236 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.