Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Everyone im coming out of the closet.... i jsut bought a corona

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Everyone im coming out of the closet.... i jsut bought a corona Wed, 26 October 2005 09:53 Go to next message
yes its true

and its even an RT142

but mines auto so i think im safe.

Master Corona_RT142 can you teach me how to beat Rollas thru the Old Pac

cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Everyone im coming out of the closet.... i jsut bought a corona Wed, 26 October 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol avante or CSI Shocked ie 4 wheel discs IRS, or live rear and rear drums.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Everyone im coming out of the closet.... i jsut bought a corona Wed, 26 October 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dom drop it on its ass LEB SPEC Very Happy, no springs will get you the desired height on the rear Cool .

btw PICSORBAN Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 26 October 2005 10:03]

domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Everyone im coming out of the closet.... i jsut bought a corona Wed, 26 October 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha @ LEB SPEC

its an avante

picking it up on friday

only cost me 500 bucks Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Everyone im coming out of the closet.... i jsut bought a corona Wed, 26 October 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 20:22

hahaha @ LEB SPEC

its an avante

picking it up on friday

Lol IRS and 4 wheel discs more than likely bitch, stick an MA61 lsd in it.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Everyone im coming out of the closet.... i jsut bought a corona Wed, 26 October 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these are graet cars to park in the hedge sideways to stop the cows from getting out of the field Laughing
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Everyone im coming out of the closet.... i jsut bought a corona Wed, 26 October 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 20:22

hahaha @ LEB SPEC

its an avante

picking it up on friday

it isnt a green one in penrith kingswood??
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Everyone im coming out of the closet.... i jsut bought a corona Wed, 26 October 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah its not its one i found by chance on the trading post.

fresh ad on the site today Very Happy

Corona_RT142 is there anything i should be looking out for? problematic wise?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Everyone im coming out of the closet.... i jsut bought a corona Wed, 26 October 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Condition of oil, but meh they all burn heaps (mine is black lol), check for rust along boot fold lines and front windscreen supports. That car may have power steering but even without it the steering shouldn't be heavy anyway.

Check for rust or an sign of water leaks in the front left guard and door frame. The water commonly comes thru there and then will blow the relay for the aircon located in passenger footwell on the left.

Obviously check the lights including the additional driving lights which can be used with high beam (button is located in the top centre of the dash).

Be prepared to spend a bit on fuel, and probably oil, most 22re will burn it but keep it in check and it'll be fine.

Never driven an auto so can't help there. The IRS are even softer stock than live rear cars so its gonna be a boat. Never driven one with IRS but if its anything like the live rear model they are quite lively from the rear in the wet.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Everyone im coming out of the closet.... i jsut bought a corona Wed, 26 October 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
auto should be a little less on fuel. how big is the tank?

rust, well its got rust, i dont really care though casue seiruosly its a $500 car.

doesnt yours have IRS?

i need a towbar!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Everyone im coming out of the closet.... i jsut bought a corona Wed, 26 October 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 21:18

auto should be a little less on fuel. how big is the tank?

rust, well its got rust, i dont really care though casue seiruosly its a $500 car.

doesnt yours have IRS?

i need a towbar!

Minds live rear but has a tow bar and HD suspension. 62 L tank auto will probably be more fuel depends on driving style though.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Everyone im coming out of the closet.... i jsut bought a corona Wed, 26 October 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
62L tank Surprised

how many KM's do u get out of that?

want to sell your towbar?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Everyone im coming out of the closet.... i jsut bought a corona Wed, 26 October 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
probably about 400-450km if you used the whole tank. Tow bar mounts may be different due to different suspension setups. Not sure otherwise i have never used it so hmmm.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Everyone im coming out of the closet.... i jsut bought a corona Wed, 26 October 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
towbar should be bolted to the chassis and not interfer with any of the suspension. its uusally got 2 mouinting points, one each side of the chassis rails basically.

ill see if mine has holes for it ready to be bolted up
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Everyone im coming out of the closet.... i jsut bought a corona Wed, 26 October 2005 23:30 Go to previous message
SEXY 16 wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 20:32

these are graet cars to park in the hedge sideways to stop the cows from getting out of the field Laughing

I couldnt have said it better Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: 1G-GTE powered 1989 Supra?
Next Topic:Can a Lux Drift?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:57:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005817174911499 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.