Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Question about 175mm Pully & Intercooler question

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dave_101
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Question about 175mm Pully & Intercooler question Wed, 26 October 2005 13:22 Go to next message
Hi All,

Just had another couple of questions Smile

Im looking at getting the Nevo 175mm pulley. But have read a little about the oversize pullys spining the water pump to fast and it can case something called cavitation. (excuse my bad spelling)

Just wondering if there is any tricks people use with the oversize pully to counter act or help stop this cavitation?

Was also wondering if an aftermarket Intercooler would be a smart thing to do when getting the pulley put on? As the stock intercooler sits right ontop of the engine and gets red hot even tho I have a scoop for it.

Was not sure how much difference a better intercooler would make. Hope you guys can shed some light on it for me Smile

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Question about 175mm Pully & Intercooler question Thu, 27 October 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Topmount = bad.

Move it to the front and air temps should cool down, therefore giving some more power and other benefits. The factory one is OK, but something bigger is better.

I haven't heard any reports of waterpump cavitation on ZEs with a big pulley. However if there is room you could try finding a bigger waterpump pulley to fit.

Hen
dave_101
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Question about 175mm Pully & Intercooler question Thu, 27 October 2005 01:16 Go to previous message
Hi Hen,

Thanks for ya reply mate.

Yeah the Intercooler now gets so hot I can't imagine it is cooling anything. More like an InterHeater Razz

Might get this one moved or get a little air/water one mounted on the front.

Glad you not hear much problems with the oversize pullys. I think with the 175mm I have no room for the bigger waterpump pulley. Confused

Thanks
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Roll centre adjusters? RA28
Next Topic:manual conversion for a toyota cerssida
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:57:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046370029449463 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.