Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
GT4 Driving missions Wed, 26 October 2005 09:03 Go to next message
I now this game is old now but a couple of months ago i started going through the Gran Turismo 4 dirving missions. Some of these missions are an excellent challenge.

My fav ourite ones are the:

Ford GT40 3lap challenge at Laguna Seca
Peugot 206 Rally car 3 lap challenge at Opera Paris ( this one took about 60-70 attempts)
Thunderbird 3 lap challenge at Seattle

I have successfully completed 32 of the 34 challenges however i am unable to complete the

Skyline GTR Slipstream challenge (3.5 seconds off) and the
Mercedes SL500 Nurburgring challenge (19 seconds off)

HAS ANYBODY FINISHED THEM ALL!!!!?????
  Send a private message to this user    
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: GT4 Driving missions Wed, 26 October 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn, thought you were suggesting a cruise lol
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: GT4 Driving missions Wed, 26 October 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i too have finished all but the ones u said....i got to 3 second of the gullwing merc accross the line...i saw him finish...it was heartbreaking Mad

that r34 one is impossible.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: GT4 Driving missions Wed, 26 October 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my freind has done them. i know because he won the car for it. im not 100% sure, but i think its the jay leno tank car.

i have an idea of how he did it but its just an idea.
i think the difficulty is based on how many race point u have(you know them points u get when u finish a race, the harder the race was the more points). he did it right at the start of the game, and used the audi r8 to finish all the races they would let him use it in.
so he has no points, which made it easier.
where as i have 10000 points and i cant do it. its imposible.
pisses me off that theres no chance for me to finish it without restarting.

my mate has actually done 98% of the game, but he sold some cars he won to get the audi r8 and now cant get them back to finish the races.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 Driving missions Thu, 27 October 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, the Skyline Slipstream mission is just plain hard ! ! ! It took me about 25 goes to figure it out, you've gotta drag the pack along flat-out down the straights, then drop to their tail at the start of each of the corners (without slowing them down, EVER). Slingshot past coming onto the straight, letting them draft you etc. etc.... REAL hard to get right ! ! When you nail it, you'll pass the lead GTR easily on the final turn. Wink

Edit - p.s. the Jay Leno Tank car SUCKS ARSE ! ! so don't feel bad about not having it ! ! ! !

[Updated on: Thu, 27 October 2005 01:43]

illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: GT4 Driving missions Thu, 27 October 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but its a 30 ltr engine, it has to be good, lol
i wonder if you would need to refuel that car every lap of neubergring, it would go through fuel SO quik in real life.

so your saying that i pull away from them on the straights, then slow down and let them catch up on the corners, and repeat?
how will me slowing down to let them catch up help me catch the skyline in front? he always beats me by 8 sec(i think).
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 Driving missions Thu, 27 October 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can't catch the lead car by yourself. You've gotta drag the main pack around by slipstreaming. Problem is, they're running at a set speed around the turns - even if you ram 'em they won't go quicker for more than a few metres. Therefore, you gotta follow THEM through the turns, building up speed, then blast past onto the straight at warp 9, letting them slipstream you down the straight until they catch up - I can't remember if you let them ram you, or let them past so you can draft them into the turn . . . . Confused

Google a F.A.Q. or a walkthrough. Cool
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: GT4 Driving missions Thu, 27 October 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Thu, 27 October 2005 12:33

You can't catch the lead car by yourself. You've gotta drag the main pack around by slipstreaming. Problem is, they're running at a set speed around the turns - even if you ram 'em they won't go quicker for more than a few metres. Therefore, you gotta follow THEM through the turns, building up speed, then blast past onto the straight at warp 9, letting them slipstream you down the straight until they catch up - I can't remember if you let them ram you, or let them past so you can draft them into the turn . . . . Confused

SWEET ill try it tonight. i thought of doing that, but never really tried it. after 1 hours on the same mission i vowed never to go back to it.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: GT4 Driving missions Thu, 27 October 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes ive done them all will get pic up soon!!
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: GT4 Driving missions Thu, 27 October 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is no were in the status that say you have done them all you have to view the 2 at a time
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: GT4 Driving missions Thu, 27 October 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mc68 wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 23:43

i too have finished all but the ones u said....i got to 3 second of the gullwing merc accross the line...i saw him finish...it was heartbreaking Mad

hehe I only just yesterday managed to catch up to the Car in 5th place!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing I still have some work to do on this one
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: GT4 Driving missions Thu, 27 October 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Thu, 27 October 2005 12:33

Thanks for the tip. Im going to give it a try tonight after work!! cheers. I might google it also.

PUZZLEMAN you are a freak!!!! for finishing all missions!!!
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: GT4 Driving missions Thu, 27 October 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive done a lot in the game I'm just working on getting the pikes peak and getting the IS200 race car you need a IS200 to enter and cant find were to get it???????????????
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: GT4 Driving missions Thu, 27 October 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With the Skyline mission, I remember being able to catch the car infront by
a) slipstreaming
b) I also remember dropping it into 5th gear at some stage to keep the revs up as the 6th gear absolutely killed them and slowed you down.
Instigator_PsY
Regular

December 2003
Re: GT4 Driving missions Fri, 28 October 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as people said before the trick is to slipstream then as soon as you pass a car let it slipstream you rinse and repeat you should be in first position on the last corner.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: GT4 Driving missions Sat, 29 October 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Instigator_PsY wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 12:37

as people said before the trick is to slipstream then as soon as you pass a car let it slipstream you rinse and repeat you should be in first position on the last corner.

Yeah im working on it although its a little tricky to execute. Im only off by 3 sec. Ill keep trying!!
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: GT4 Driving missions Sun, 30 October 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
puzzle man wrote on Thu, 27 October 2005 18:58

ive done a lot in the game I'm just working on getting the pikes peak and getting the IS200 race car you need a IS200 to enter and cant find were to get it???????????????

fuck I'm an idiot the altzza race is in Toyota but to bye an altzza you have to get it from lexus USA so i got one now IS200 race car here i come.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: GT4 Driving missions Mon, 31 October 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here you go...
Skyline GT-R Test course in Missions Hall
There are five opposing Skyline GTRs on the track. Straight at the start of the race, make sure you stay directly behind the GTR in front of you. It will block the wind and make you go faster, making it easier to catch up. When you enter the first turn, they will slow down. Go to the outside of the turn and pass them from the outside. You will then see the red GTR in the front. Keep going as fast as you can and hit it at full speed. You will get a five second penalty, but it will not bother you much. Hitting the red GTR will send it ahead of the pack. When the penalty is gone, get behind it and catch up to it, but do not pass it. Instead, get behind it and "push" it. Stay directly behind it all along the three laps. In the straights you should be able to reach 275km/h. Upon entering the very last turn of the race, go to the inside before the red GTR brakes, and stay to the inside of the turn. Do not go where it is flat; stay in the bent. Near the end of the last turn, you should be close enough. Get behind the yellow GTR and you should be able to catch up to it before crossing the finish line. This test is very difficult and may require a few attempts.

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 Driving missions Mon, 31 October 2005 05:24 Go to previous message
It seems there's a few ways of doing this mission then. I did it like i said above ^ ^ ^ ^
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mono Vs Twin
Next Topic:Just a 5cent religious thought.....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:13:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069339275360107 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.