Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Weirdest food you have eaten..

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wierd food eh
well i tryed a deep fried battered icecream mars bar.... very interesting Shocked
  Send a private message to this user    
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are some I have eaten, lived through, and remembered

Lamb brain
various lizards
crocodile meat
cow intestines
cow stomach
pigs ears
ox tongue
ox tail
chicken feet
pig feet

I'm willing to try anything and Yes!! I'm Asian!!

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 11:45]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Assorted animal liver, lungs, kidneys and hearts <-- Love 'em
Frogs, snails, and this sea going creature that looks like a miniture elephant trunk...?

Fucked if I know what it was, but it tasted orite.
TRD-86
Regular

May 2005
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 23:19

Assorted animal liver, lungs, kidneys and hearts <-- Love 'em
Frogs, snails, and this sea going creature that looks like a miniture elephant trunk...?

Fucked if I know what it was, but it tasted orite.

I think its called sea urchin
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, apart from the unknown, this is the sort of stuff that I've consumed over time.
Kangaroo,snake,rat,tripe,
live baby prawns,sushi,fish heads
suck the contents from prawn heads
dog,cat,pigs trotters & head
sheep/lamb brains,snails,balut
rabbit,goat & still drink goats milk when I can get it.
Like AE86slut said most filo food since my mate's wife is Filipino, we now fight over the fish or prawn heads.

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

and this sea going creature that looks like a miniture elephant trunk

Sea cucumber Wink

A sea urchin is ball shaped creature covered in spines, like the porcupine of the ocean.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 10:30

Quote:

and this sea going creature that looks like a miniture elephant trunk

Sea cucumber Wink

A sea urchin is ball shaped creature covered in spines, like the porcupine of the ocean.

It was neither. I have eaten a sea cucumber before... Dad told me it was a cucumber that grows in the sea. So I was eating it, 'till one day I was watching National Geographic on TV... and saw it slithering on the ocean floor... *UGH*

But yeah, the miniature elephant trunk looked exactly like that. Its white, with a similar outer skin texture (creased/tough sorta) and skinny-ish at start and thick-ish at base.
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sea urchin, eh. That's something else weird I've eaten.

Maybe not that weird, but when you are SCUBA diving, eating anything is weird... Out with the reg, in with the sea urchin roe! I've also put a jellyfish in my mouth whilst diving. I wasn't game to swallow it though! Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's either a sea cucumber (most likely) or a sea slug.

Sea cucumbers are actually animals. The flesh is white and kinda crunchy, almost like cartilage.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arghhhh... it wasnt a sea cucumber hehe... I'll see if I can find a photo of it. Definitely not cartilagey. This was like... meaty.

EDIT: It wasn't white as I remembered. Its actually brown. It does have white bits though... Now that I look at the picture... I'm not sure I'd eat it again...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Yian/Crap/wtf.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 20 October 2005 01:10]

illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you guy have eaten some wierd stuff.

the wierd shit ive eaten dosnt come close.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 11:02

Arghhhh... it wasnt a sea cucumber hehe... I'll see if I can find a photo of it. Definitely not cartilagey. This was like... meaty.

EDIT: It wasn't white as I remembered. Its actually brown. It does have white bits though... Now that I look at the picture... I'm not sure I'd eat it again...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Yian/Crap/wtf.jpg

looks like a HUGE leech! thats fucked up.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^That definitely aint no sea cucumber. I haven't seen one of those before and I doubt I would put it in my mouth..........unless it were crumbed and served with a wedge of lemon Very Happy .

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah yes. Picture paints a thousand words.
That's a mollusc of some sort (notice the white shell?). I've eaten it before, never bothered to find out what the name is.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 10:49

That's a mollusc of some sort (notice the white shell?). I've eaten it before, never bothered to find out what the name is.

tasty?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 11:25

Nark wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 10:49

tasty?

Wasn't actually bad. Was sliced thinly and then dipped a boiling soup for about 3 seconds till its semi cooked.. then you eat it.

But looking at it again... just doesn't look real appetising...
TRD-86
Regular

May 2005
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just ask some asian parents what the picture is of. They'll definately tell you. Especially what way is best to serve it
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also eaten sea urchin years ago. Point Leo beach with the other wogs there.
TRD-86
Regular

May 2005
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I remember once i was at a takeaway shop. This girl came in and ordered 2 potato cakes in 2 slice of white bread and SOY SAUCE

I fort that was werid ..
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I remember once i was at a takeaway shop. This girl came in and ordered 2 potato cakes in 2 slice of white bread and SOY SAUCE

I fort that was werid ..

Nah thats not weird at all Razz It's just like a chip sanger and gawd they are good.

I am getting peckish now, off to nearby the Sushi outlet Very Happy
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sea urchin is tasty.

Pig tounge anyone? Tastes good with mayo.

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is it with every person i know lately eating sushi? are you all trying to be japanese? are you all trying to be healthy?

WTF!??!!??!

its driving me insane, whenever i hear someone say they want/ate sushi, i want to headbutt them

Eldar.O.
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing ElderO

How big is McDonald's in Japan anyway, is there a McDonald's? any American owned fast food places?

I think the closes you can get to is korean barbecue yum
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 12:03

Laughing ElderO

How big is McDonald's in Japan anyway, is there a McDonald's? any American owned fast food places?

Its EldArO

cool Dario?

Eldar.O.
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dario actually is my real name Laughing

chill EldarO
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

what is it with every person i know lately eating sushi? are you all trying to be japanese? are you all trying to be healthy?

WTF!??!!??!

its driving me insane, whenever i hear someone say they want/ate sushi, i want to headbutt them

Eldar.O.

I eat a particular type of food because:

a. it is tasty
b. it is relatively nutritious
c. it is convenient

Sushi has been around a looooong time dude, it's not a current trend or fad.

I don't eat Sushi to try and be Japanese, I don't eat Maccas to try and be a Yankee, I don't eat bangers and mash to try and be a Pom and I don't eat Tandoori because I want to be an Indian Rolling Eyes

Oh and I opted for the Teryaki Chicken anyway mmmmmmmm Very Happy

SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 14:03

Laughing ElderO

you said a week or two ago you where there bubbles or sorry my bad dorio86 Shocked
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 20 October 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 13:24

WTF!??!!??!

Eldar.O.

I eat sushi becuase I like the taste, especially when put with soy sauce...

and its healthy Smile
ke20_rolla
Regular

November 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 26 October 2005 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well atm im training to be a chef so i have eaten and made some wierd shit.
Things like:
Liver
Kidney
Tounge
Brains
Crocodile
Sashimi (raw tuna or salmon)
Rabbit
Veal (the type where they kill it before it leaves the womb)
Roo

Sausages suck. I have made them. Skin is pig intestine and they all contain atleast 40% nasty ass fat. Still taste ok tho.

I want to try Wagoo (spelling) beef. The one they feed on beer and icecream.

At work we used to have shots of chilli vinegar, that stuff is HOT.

Laters
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Thu, 27 October 2005 01:57 Go to previous message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 14:16

Quote:

WTF!??!!??!

Eldar.O.

Sushi has been around a looooong time dude, it's not a current trend or fad.

I don't eat Sushi to try and be Japanese, I don't eat Maccas to try and be a Yankee, I don't eat bangers and mash to try and be a Pom and I don't eat Tandoori because I want to be an Indian Rolling Eyes

Oh and I opted for the Teryaki Chicken anyway mmmmmmmm Very Happy

I think you will also find that most sushi we eat here (in OZ)is Korean. Same stuff but slightly different.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:for the Linux users
Next Topic:Babes of the 2005 Tokyo Motor Show
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:41:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055441856384277 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.