Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Sc12 Supercharger to 4age bluetop

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4agetwincam
Newcomer

October 2005
icon4.gif  Sc12 Supercharger to 4age bluetop Thu, 27 October 2005 21:48 Go to next message
i have a simple problem,

I brought a sc12 supercharger, got all the brackets and pulleys and shit like that with it so it will bolt stright up to my ae82 4age 16v.

one problem the electrical side of things, as i understand the cpu runs or tels the clutch when to engage or disengage and also the bypass? correct me if im wrong.

would it be posible to make a switch with the right voltages to work the clutch and bypass, any help please..
  Send a private message to this user    
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: Sc12 Supercharger to 4age bluetop Fri, 28 October 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Search the threads, the topic of the S/C clutch has been a popular one. There is another thread which is still on the front page with about 30 posts on this topic!!!

You should try to wire it up so it is triggered by engine load.

You can wire it up with a 12V switch, that is simple but it would get annoying i reckon.

As for the bypass i am not sure. I am still trying to find the time to pull mine out (sc14 off 1g-gze) and get aquainted properly. I am hoping to do this this weekend so if i learn anything useful ill let you know.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Sc12 Supercharger to 4age bluetop Fri, 28 October 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you need the s/c relay so the ecu can tell the relay when it wants to ngage disngage the clutch
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: Sc12 Supercharger to 4age bluetop Fri, 28 October 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first you need bigger injectors and an ECU to handle the SC, otherwise your engine will run too lean with the standard setup and cause pinging, knocking etc etc..

and you can hook up the supercharger to a switch (i used a 30A, the biggest auto electrical switch you can get from jaycar), and proper wires so it doesn't burn up. Alternatively you can use a relay and have it triggered by an aftermarket ECU, or can run a switch on the relay as well (same thing as without it, but probably safer).

With running an external switch, the limit to turn it on is no more than 3000 RPM (2500 RPM to be safe) and turn off at no less than 1500 RPM (otherwise the load on engine will be too much and could cause stalling, especially on a modified engine).

If possible, start with lower boost or rich mixture if unsure. Also keep in mind if you have normal pistons and standard throttle body and intake manifolds, that these items aren't meant to handle boost unless you've got all the GZE bits on it.

cheers mate... hope this helps..

4agetwincam
Newcomer

October 2005
Re: Sc12 Supercharger to 4age bluetop Fri, 28 October 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys helps alot, i have got the intake manifold and all, wanna get the injectors from a ze, and a 20v peterol pump.

when into the local dicksmiths today and brought a relay, what output from the ecu would be a good one to trigger it,

also why no more than 3000 rpm do they start working to hard after this rpm range?

would getting low compression pistions be the way to go? cheers.
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: Sc12 Supercharger to 4age bluetop Fri, 28 October 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agetwincam wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 21:42

thanks guys helps alot, i have got the intake manifold and all, wanna get the injectors from a ze, and a 20v peterol pump.

when into the local dicksmiths today and brought a relay, what output from the ecu would be a good one to trigger it,

also why no more than 3000 rpm do they start working to hard after this rpm range?

would getting low compression pistions be the way to go? cheers.

that's a good setup.

erm... the ecu should only need to give like a 4A negative signal for the relay to turn the SC on. but you can just run it direct with a switch.

as for the 3000 RPM thing, it's just taht if you turn on the SC after 3000 rpm, you'll wear out the clutch a lot faster as the clutch is not meant to turn on at such high RPM. Ideally you can achieve full boost from 2000 RPM onwards (that's for my motor, and i believe it's different with other experiences). Just something i picked up from forums etc..

and you can run with high compression pistons i suppose, but the fuel mixture is more of a concern. ALso you'll wear out the normal GE pistons (if not blow up the motor) a lot faster because GZE pistons are forged low comp as standard.

4agetwincam
Newcomer

October 2005
Re: Sc12 Supercharger to 4age bluetop Fri, 28 October 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet might try and pick up some ze pistons too lol.

how will i be able to adjust the fuel ratio, because i know i could play with the reistance or the o2 sensor but may only work until i put my foot down then take pre-programed path for fuel mixtures and wot ever else it does.

also on a slightly different topic would a turbo work with a supercharger? what would the result be?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Sc12 Supercharger to 4age bluetop Sat, 29 October 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have gze injectors if you need them
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: Sc12 Supercharger to 4age bluetop Sat, 29 October 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agetwincam wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 21:59

sweet might try and pick up some ze pistons too lol.

how will i be able to adjust the fuel ratio, because i know i could play with the reistance or the o2 sensor but may only work until i put my foot down then take pre-programed path for fuel mixtures and wot ever else it does.

also on a slightly different topic would a turbo work with a supercharger? what would the result be?

you could trick the o2 sensor but best is to use an aftermarket piggyback like Apexi SAFC or Greddy E-manage. But i found out that if you can have full control over engine management i.e. manifold pressure, load etc, it's the most efficient. Either have a standard motor, or if the motor is modified, have aftermarket ecu as well.

You could get GZE pistons, but when taking out standard pistons you might have to bore the block a bit so the walls are smooth, which might mean u need one size bigger pistons. Even in a straight swap, i'm sure a GZE block is stronger than a standard GE , but i'm not too sure. Might be alright if you're not running insane amounts of boost.

turbo can work with SC, and most setups i've seen, as long as the SC and turbo don't boost at the same time i.e. SC turns off at certain revs or load the engine will run. Very difficult to configure i think.
4agetwincam
Newcomer

October 2005
Re: Sc12 Supercharger to 4age bluetop Sat, 29 October 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im guesing you live in nz, if so how much you want for them? cheers mate.
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: Sc12 Supercharger to 4age bluetop Sat, 29 October 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte is in sydney and took 2 days to ship down to victoria.

I'll vouch for him, part i bought was good and on time.
4agetwincam
Newcomer

October 2005
Re: Sc12 Supercharger to 4age bluetop Sat, 29 October 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well how much ya want for the injectors and rail? cheers
4agetwincam
Newcomer

October 2005
Re: Sc12 Supercharger to 4age bluetop Sat, 29 October 2005 12:10 Go to previous message
Does anyone know where to get a good aftermarket computer for my ae82 fx-gt, wanna run sc and turbo. cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:W5X Short Shifter GROUP BUY POSSIBILITY
Next Topic:4agze problem
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:35:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055720806121826 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.