Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » snowboard binding recommendations?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

snowboard binding recommendations? Thu, 20 October 2005 02:38 Go to next message
Hey all,
just picked up a new board (Salomon Forecast), and need to get some bindings....

there's eleventy billion and one different types, so just wondering if people have any recommendations for good ones (in their experience) or bad ones (ie fall to bits)

looking for freeride/freestyle, but not too much flex.. price wa... whatever it takes to get the right ones Razz

Tia, Stewart
  Send a private message to this user    
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: snowboard binding recommendations? Thu, 20 October 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah you are right, there are alot to choose from

it all depends what you want, i have burton free riders, very supportive, but are nothing super special just solid with good build quality,

look for good buckles, quality craftmenship, and it will be fine

$$$ gets ya street creditz and fancy colours, and lighter

Flow bindings are pretty cool, if they are your thing, they are good for quick on/ off, but a pain in the ass in lift lines and t bars, easily adjusted too

the key to snowboarding i have found is all in the boots! a good comfortable solid boot and a good stance

i run 15 degrees front foot negative 3-5 degrees on rear,

even thou you didnt ask! stay clear of wire laced boots!!

my 2 cents hope it helps... im half a sleep

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: snowboard binding recommendations? Thu, 20 October 2005 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yah it's ok.. i'm wasted in japan atm Razz

i have salomon Synapse boots (~$400) which are pretty damn good... but i have broken flux and flow bindngs before (hire ones thankfuly Razz)

so you think most bindings are ok, just some are more flashy??

i thin i ride with 20" stance, +19 and -3 or -5...

but yeah, i have funny feet.. i guess it's just a matter of getting boots into bindings to try..... but they are always different when soaked and half freezing Sad
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: snowboard binding recommendations? Thu, 20 October 2005 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a set of sorel boots,then you will only have the money left to use duct tape for bindings!lmao

stew if you told me you snow boarded before you went you could have taken my sorel's and i have a bag of spare new ski bindings would have given you a set to swap!
mick
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: snowboard binding recommendations? Thu, 20 October 2005 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got the semi-carbon burton ones from last season and I'm happy with mine. If you're going for freestyle you'll want something with a bit more flex in it than a carve set.

Basically, just try on as many sets as you can. If you can find a nice flat rubber matt, strap on the whole board and try spinning around a bit. You might look like a tool, but at least you'll get more of an idea on how the bindings will perform.
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: snowboard binding recommendations? Fri, 21 October 2005 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
personally I stick with a classic, burton freestyles have always served me well, and are cheap as
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: snowboard binding recommendations? Wed, 26 October 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh, i was thinking more of something like Burton P1's...
a little exxy, but not bad online Wink
retail is 42,000yen ($500)
usually online for around 30-32,000yen (maybe..$380)

http://www.bluepeter-jp.com/burton06.p1black.jpg

looked at cartel and freestyle etc.... they kinda look uncomfortable Wink
Flynnos
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: snowboard binding recommendations? Wed, 26 October 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought burton missions and i love em Very Happy Fairly similar to cartels without the flashy stuff and fair bit cheaper. They also have the awesome toe cap strap which is much more comfy. Their the only binding ive found that has given me awesome control and comfort, much better than the freestyles. Check them out
driftymcgee
Regular

April 2004
Re: snowboard binding recommendations? Fri, 28 October 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for the burton P1's ebay is your friend.

i have burton custom board, burton custom bindings and burton driver boots, i love em.
keen to get new season burton shaun white 156 with burton p1 carbon bindings

im such a brand whore
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: snowboard binding recommendations? Fri, 28 October 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you have weirdass feet like me, then the first thing you should do is buy some good boots, then get Bindings to suit. Some boots have more/less support in certain areas, so will need bindings with less/moore. Dont skimp on the boots, your feet will love you for it, and you will be able to board all day every day. I cant reccomend any particular type though, as different brands will suit your feet differently. I have pretty wide feet, and most Burtons didnt fit me.

My own preference is Flow bindings. The old ones used to be hard to get the tensions right for freestyle/park riding, but the latest generations have it all sussed. Their piss easy to step in and out, I can board into the line, Unclip the back and step out in one quick manouver without stopping, and the same goes for getting off the lift, just step in and your gone, just as quick as the Skiers, no sitting in the snow needed. Also they are "set and forget", once you have the tensiions correct you wont need to touch them again all season.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: snowboard binding recommendations? Fri, 28 October 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yah, i have kinda wide feet...
i got Salomon Synapse boots lats time i went boarding... soo nice to have your own boots Wink

now i just have to get them sent over so i can try them in bindings...

not too many of them on yahoo tho... hmm.. $100 cheaper vs no warranty?? hard choice...

cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: snowboard binding recommendations? Fri, 28 October 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Warranty on Burton and Flow is pretty good usually. Lifetime and all that. I would get warranty if I were you, that way anything busts you will have a replacement next day if the shop is a burton/flow stockist.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: snowboard binding recommendations? Fri, 28 October 2005 05:05 Go to previous message
cannonball wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 13:29

Warranty on Burton and Flow is pretty good usually. Lifetime and all that. I would get warranty if I were you, that way anything busts you will have a replacement next day if the shop is a burton/flow stockist.

ahh, good call... makes it exxy up front (more than the board Surprised) but might be cheaper/less hassle in the long run...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:The Shit I Have to Put Up With!!!
Next Topic:teh hoff. wow, so popular! This Week on Hoffice Attachments
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:16:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057229995727539 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.