September 2004
Bloody kiwis Mon, 24 October 2005 23:38 Go to next message
http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail. asp?id=38311601&key=53009

lucky bastards Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: Bloody kiwis Tue, 25 October 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, lots of nice old JDM rarities over there. Sad

There's always the option of importing it to Oz...
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Bloody kiwis Tue, 25 October 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it would be easier to just move over there. not a bad place too Smile
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: Bloody kiwis Tue, 25 October 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bnicho wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 16:05

Yep, lots of nice old JDM rarities over there. Sad

There's always the option of importing it to Oz...

Easier said than done!

Although Customs Duty and GST on $1500 would be quite a bit less than on the Evo 7 I'm about to bring back! Wink
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: Bloody kiwis Tue, 25 October 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It shouldn't be too hard for a pre 1989 car, should it? DOTARS should not be a problem, so it's just a question of the $$.

I was quoted $3K NZ to container transport a non-running 1974 Corona HT from Dunedin to Melbourne. A running car in Christchurch should be cheaper to ship. Based on $1500NZ purchase price I reckon it should be $4K-$5K Aus landed and cleared including purchase price and all duties paid. Or am I way off here? Confused
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: Bloody kiwis Tue, 25 October 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
True, it is easier for pre-1989 cars. Although I did hear somewhere that some changes were happening to the 15 year rule, but I'm not sure about that.

I'm still getting over the fact that i need to pay 10% customs duty, AND THEN 10% GST on the value PLUS the customs duty. Bloody thieving govt!! Mad Rolling Eyes
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: Bloody kiwis Tue, 25 October 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you pay $4-5K for what is effectively a different looking T18 with an injected 2TG. No exactly what I would call good value and would be a bastard to get any body panels for. By the way, NEVER trust an internet add that says there is bugger all rust, just means bugger all VISIBLE rust.

Callum
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: Bloody kiwis Tue, 25 October 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It looks to me like the front panels and much of the dash interchanges with an AE71 and the doors and side glass with a T18. So parts would not be so bad.

To me, being a genuine GT it is a desirable car and worth that sort of money. Much more interesting than say a TA22 or an AE86. But I hear you about the potential rust issue.

If only I could find an RT11# Corona HT in similar condition in Oz or NZ... Sad

Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: Bloody kiwis Wed, 26 October 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes T18 doors should fit, but guards would be a no go. Just like the T18 they are different around the base of the windscreen to suit the pillarless doors and more raked windscreen. If it means that much to you go for it, everyone values cars differently. If you are serious about the car, get onto http://forums.toyspeed.org.nz and see if you can find someone in the area to look at it for you.

Callum
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Bloody kiwis Wed, 26 October 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt mind a kp61 starlet Confused
bnicho
Regular

September 2004
Re: Bloody kiwis Wed, 26 October 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just got the quote back from the shippers. Still around $3K NZ for shipping on top of purchase price, then duty and GST on top. So over $5K AU landed and cleared. Sad

If it was my favourite model Corona HT I would go for it. But I wouldn't want a Sprinter at that price.

Hey rthy, how long is a KP61? Maybe we could fit a Corona HT and a couple of KP61 into one 40" container. If I ever find another Corona HT. Sad
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: Bloody kiwis Wed, 26 October 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KP61 is around 13 foot max.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Bloody kiwis Fri, 28 October 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea they r pretty small Shocked
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: Bloody kiwis Fri, 28 October 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually - if anyone wants to share a container - I'll be bringing a car back from Christchurch to Sydney at the end of January 2006, if anyone wants to put another car in a 40' container, PM me and we can have a talk about it.
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: Bloody kiwis Fri, 28 October 2005 08:59 Go to previous message
You could squeeze 3 Starlets into a 40 footer..... Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TEMPA
Next Topic:Toyota launches supercharged Corolla - in Europe
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-