Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » hachiroku4agetwincan16v... CARBI!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
loki boyracer
Regular

October 2004
icon4.gif  hachiroku4agetwincan16v... CARBI!!! Fri, 28 October 2005 09:24 Go to next message
My best friend doesn't post here nor the other toyota forum because when he put his idea to the other members, they bagged him out big time:

The Proof

To tell you the truth, I didn't think it would work as well as it did...
What it is is something very special, very unique, and very powerfull.
A 88kw 4AGE block, oversized pistons, longer rods, steel offset crank, port and polished, adjustable cam gears and...

***Webber manifold with twin 45mm Del'orto carburettors***.

Like I said, I didn't think it would feel the way it feels, but I drove it last night, you gently tap the throttle and instantly...vraap... 5000rpm
I shit you not!!! This thing revs soooo quickly its crazy and the power is fenominal!!! It has more power and torque than my old 16v!!!

So for those people who scoff and think carbis are wrong or a waste of time, you have to see this in person, carbis are not wrong, there just a different way of doing things.
John will be competing this weekend in the Drift Nats. Take a look, because this is the first street carbi 4AGE 16v i've ever seen in the country (Not saying there not out there though)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/loki_boyracer/000_0292.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/loki_boyracer/000_0293.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/loki_boyracer/000_0294.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/loki_boyracer/000_0308.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2005 09:50]

Send a private message to this user    
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: hachiroku4agetwincan16v... CARBI!!! Fri, 28 October 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a couple in melbourne... and they go harder than most efi 16v

sound makes u undress too
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: hachiroku4agetwincan16v... CARBI!!! Fri, 28 October 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice setup.

loki boyracer wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 19:24

So for those people who scoff and think carbis are wrong or a waste of time, you have to see this in person, carbis are not wrong, there just a different way of doing things.

Has your mate driven one with quad throttle EFI? Your mate wouldn't waste his time with carbs ever again.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: hachiroku4agetwincan16v... CARBI!!! Fri, 28 October 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 20:15

Nice setup.

loki boyracer wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 19:24

Has your mate driven one with quad throttle EFI? Your mate wouldn't waste his time with carbs ever again.

carbs are a pain to tune correctly every couple of weeks
they do sound the part but no different to the sound of quads
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: hachiroku4agetwincan16v... CARBI!!! Sat, 29 October 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carbs is great
but the tuning!! arrrrr

efi does it so much better,,, but the price

that same engine with quads efi and a haltech would make so much more power

but AWESOME! im glad john finally got it done
power to him!
nb86
Regular

August 2003
    sadff
Re: hachiroku4agetwincan16v... CARBI!!! Sat, 29 October 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i ran a red top with twin 45 webers after running it efi (sirlyndon now owns it).
i gotta say, despite everyone who says different, i thought the carbs were much more responsive, sounded great, better throttle control and ran nicely alll year round. had to deal with heat soak, but hey... as a tradeoff it was pretty good. i kinda enjoy tweaking cars to run percfect though, if you just want to set and forget then carbs arent for you.
also the engineer was quite happy about the conversion, i provided an emission test i did at work and he said that essentially (adr wise) i had a 4ac with a better head and nice carbs and it wasnt a problem.
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: hachiroku4agetwincan16v... CARBI!!! Sat, 29 October 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would use those carbs, but have the fuel injected via EFI.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: hachiroku4agetwincan16v... CARBI!!! Sat, 29 October 2005 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt. billzilla did exactly that
dead carbs for thrittles and EFi infection

works well enough and cheap too
WYSIWYG
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: hachiroku4agetwincan16v... CARBI!!! Mon, 31 October 2005 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi All.
my 4AG runs on both weber45 carbs and EFI Very Happy so I guess you can register it with EFI in Australia. My car passed smog inspection in carb'd mode in New Jersey - I just leaned it out and added some gas line antifreeze - dunno if that helped. Next time I would probably need other additives
Bustin
Regular

April 2005
Re: hachiroku4agetwincan16v... CARBI!!! Fri, 04 November 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, i love seeing this kinda conversion cos im gonna do the same thing to my 4age....ie the carby conversion.

Toyota sprinter with a 4agc Laughing Laughing i cant wait.
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: hachiroku4agetwincan16v... CARBI!!! Mon, 07 November 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had 40mil dells too, tho 32mm chokes were a little small for outright power.
Throttle response was great, but low speed drivability was somewhat lacking. I can recall maybe three or four days out of two years i had them where the balance was absolutely perfect, I think the the moons may have aligned in jupiter Razz

now i have a 4agze afm, throttle response is poo, but it's sooo nice being able to drive below 2000 rpm, oh and the torque.

Video of my car on the dyno when i HAD 2x 40mm dellortos.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~c2888/public/misc/dyn orun.3gp

dyno guy: what do you want me to rev to?
me: take it to EIGHT!

and the crowd held their ears

I sorely miss tunnel runs with that engine.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHH

dan

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: hachiroku4agetwincan16v... CARBI!!! Mon, 07 November 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love the sound of carbi's

keihin FCR's anyone? *swoon*
xero
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: hachiroku4agetwincan16v... CARBI!!! Tue, 08 November 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whatever peels your banana really... carbs, EFI whatever does it for you...

as for me i prefer EFI (im sick of tuning carbs, stupid crappy butterflies....)

but i have heard a number of 4AG's with carbs... MY GOD!! THEY ARE SO ANGRY!! they sound so so angry...
4AG's have a deep note but they just seem even deeper and more pronounced, not sure about the responsivness but i'm sure motor with 4 carbs/throttles hanging off the side/top will be razor sharp ...
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: hachiroku4agetwincan16v... CARBI!!! Thu, 10 November 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love it! it looks ssmikk aswell Cool

Yep paying out stuff happens on all forums,to some degree some people need to toughen up and other times some people just have to stop being fat tryhard loosers whith a chip on their shoulder cause they spent all their prime years bulding cars in their garage alone instead of hanging with friends and pumpin chicks..

I think those people have made it clear who they are in this thread Wink

Get a vid up mate!!!
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: hachiroku4agetwincan16v... CARBI!!! Fri, 11 November 2005 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Back to the point - crap removed. If anyone wants to start a Carbs vs. EFI discussion thread in Tech & Conversions then go for it. I'm sick of seeing people's Members Rides clogged up with garbage.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: hachiroku4agetwincan16v... CARBI!!! Sat, 12 November 2005 03:34 Go to previous message
lucid RULES! Heart
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:craigs TE71 levin
Next Topic:MY MX13 MK11 corona....burnout pics!! NEW PROG PICS
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:03:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057690143585205 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.