Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR **SOLD**

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR **SOLD** Fri, 09 September 2005 04:08 Go to next message
Hi all, the KE20 that i bought off Brad (BMAK) is now for sale.

It is not currently running, however all parts are there to get it running.

specs

1971 KE20 coupe, yellow
worked 4k motor
bucket seat
half cage
aftermarket suspension and larger brakes
stripped interior
custom fuel cell in boot

spares included

3k bigport head
k40s
diffs
struts
many other bits

The reason its not running is a spun bearing, the car is dead straight with no accident damage, minor rust.

reason for sale: ive got other cars, and i simply dont have time to fix it, ae86 takes all the time away from the little '20.

This car handles great, and the motor pulls really hard (about 100hp, makes power from 5k-8500rpm) so in this light chassis i was able to mix it with many higher hp cars on a windy track.

This car cannot be registered, so please ignore if thats your intention. It will however, make a great track car, or basis for a conversion.

Right now i dont have pics, but i will find some.

Im looking for offers around $1500, please only enquire if your interested, thanks

mobile 040 1337 020
or pm me, please dont email i dont check it anymore, thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 09 November 2005 12:18]

Send a private message to this user    
number_job
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Fri, 09 September 2005 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'M INTERESTED CAN YOU EMAIL ME SOME PICS PLEASE ?
MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS :
ATTENTION SHANE
shankimb@hotmail.com
i have several corolla's and always interested in another project !
i'm building a ke30 wagon in original condition (at present)
i'm putting a 13b turbo rota into it with a nissan trx diff ! i not mind travelling for a rolla !!!
REGARDS ,
Shane
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Sun, 11 September 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry still dont have pics yet, will have soon

cheap track car anyone? cmon... someone put a 4age in this thing, already got cage/bucket/suspension..
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Sun, 11 September 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GO THE KE2Os Very Happy

g/l with sale champ
cheers scott
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Sun, 11 September 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Rex saw this automobile in Arch's shed and was of much mind-boggledness as to how it could be allowed to sit idle.

This thing (keep the 4K) would make a simply brilliant beginners or class level race car. Being a KE20 would also make it eligable for a few classic events.

As Arch says, all the gear is there, all you have to do is make it run. Given that 4K's are chiseled out of the granite that will be easy. And a super price too.
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Sun, 11 September 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amen to that Mr Kelway
bmak
Regular

May 2002

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Sun, 11 September 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive been sad ever since this thing has been off the road.

I really hope some1 buys it puts it to good use.

BTW i did have it registered so its sorta road legal:)

The car is heaps fun & i would buy it back if i didnt have another project in the shed
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Sun, 11 September 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the comments guys, this car is alot of fun, and i really dont wanna sell it, but i just dont have the time (and space).

I would rather someone rebuilt the 4k and kept it 1300cc, but that said it would also be very easy to throw in a 4age, whatever takes your fancy.

The car also includes a set of avon acb10's, although the rears are rather worn, they still have great grip in the dry. Car also comes with a set of spare 12" rims.

Car has a locked diff, currently with a 4.5 final gear which gives great acceleration, id say it would be as quick as my 4age sprinter to 100km/h, this 4k is tough Cool oh yeh it sounds horn too, big carby, lumpy idle, na roar etc etc

Brad do you happen to still have any pics of it? i looked on your website and couldnt find them on there, and ive lost the ones i had on my computer. Also, if that friend of yours is still interested in it, now is the time, cheers
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Mon, 12 September 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dood
if you get some pix soonish email them to me at cruzen4eva@hotmail.com

cheers scott
bmak
Regular

May 2002

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Mon, 12 September 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Click the link for more pics

http://www.burnoutsunlimited.net/feature/corolla/k e20.html

http://www.burnoutsunlimited.net/feature/corolla/00014.jpg
racer
Regular

October 2004
Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Mon, 12 September 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your are willing to send it to tassie i will more then likely take it be,
Does it still look like the one in the pics, any rust
two ke20 racecars, team ke20, one for drift one for rally, sounds cool,
brad
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Tue, 13 September 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if only it was still supercharged and on gas now dat wood be cool.

picks look awesum to bad they now 4 yrs old.
can we get some new ones please.

cheers scott
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Tue, 13 September 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the car looks the same now as back then, its been sitting in the garage for the last 18months or so

i can try and get some fresh pics, but the bonnet isnt on, and its a bit dirty because it hasnt moved in months

anyone that is serious, come around and check it out, its a bargain and comes with heaps of spares

[Updated on: Tue, 13 September 2005 22:51]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Wed, 14 September 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Fri, 16 September 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
up she goes
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Sat, 17 September 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also includes complete 3k motor, which was running fine when taken out Wink
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Wed, 21 September 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
up up
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Thu, 22 September 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I remember seeing this thing on a Toyota Cruise ages ago. Its a beast!!! *free bump*
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Sat, 24 September 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers dude

bumpeh
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Sat, 24 September 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch: was the cage ever logbooked? If it was i would be quite interested...
If not, :S
Debeli
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Mon, 26 September 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey I have seen this car up in the hills had no problems keeping up with my car Smile handles real well.....
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Thu, 29 September 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe thanks debeli, and might i add that his car is a sr20det 180sx Very Happy

This thing keeps up with turbo cars on tight roads!

most probably going to sell to an interstate buyer now, someone in qld is rather keen.

If any locals want it, jump now as itll be gone very soon.

cheers, matt
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR Wed, 05 October 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bumpeh
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR **PRICE DROP ONLY $1400** Thu, 06 October 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i know nothing about ke20, but i have a spare 4age blue top sitting around. let me have a think about it and work out costs.
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR **PRICE DROP ONLY $1400** Mon, 10 October 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey matt, is the ash tray still in the dash?
if so, i might be interested.
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR **PRICE DROP ONLY $1400** Tue, 11 October 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wish I had $1400
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR **PRICE DROP ONLY $1400** Tue, 11 October 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
genkin surely you arent implying that ull buy the whoel car just for the ashtray of all things.??

but if so ill buy the cage, wheels, brakes, n engine off you once uve removed your ashtray.

if you dont sell it matt.
and can afford the space to part it out. ill be over ina sec to grab the above mentioned articles. again for a viewers at home im after the cage, brakes, wheels and engine.

cheers scott
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR **PRICE DROP ONLY $1400** Tue, 11 October 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry scott im not going to part it out. If i did bother to take the motor out then i would just rebuild it and then it wouldnt be for sale anyways.

Jesse yes the ashtray is still there! and as a bonus it has a 'smoke free' sticker on it hahahah Laughing
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR **PRICE DROP ONLY $1400** Tue, 25 October 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car is still here waiting for new owner

someone come and make me an offer
blindinglight
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR **PRICE DROP ONLY $1400** Wed, 26 October 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What problems would you have registering this car do you think?
I know it would be a bit of nightmare but theres always loopholes...
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR **PRICE DROP ONLY $1400** Thu, 27 October 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think there any real obstacles to re registering this beast. The seller does say it would make a great candidate for a conversion (which is what I have in mind). It's just a case of returning it to rego specifications. Provided there has been no major structural changes to the car you just have to do the usual stuff. lights and indicators, seatbelts, seats, windows go up and down door trimmings etc. I think he means that to road register it as it is now (track car) would not be a goer.

I'm quite keen on this so if anybody who knows the seller reads this please ask Arch to check his pms here on toymods or his mobile for SMS.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR **PRICE DROP ONLY $1400** Thu, 27 October 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys

to be registered, this car would need

a new exhaust, something that comes to the rear of the car, and is quieter
a bonnet latch i think?
suspension/brakes are all fine
maybe an engine with less work?

and a few other small things, like washer bottle etc etc.

all lights/wipers etc work on the car
Jeza
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR **PRICE DROP ONLY $1400** Sat, 29 October 2005 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My god archdall..

Jeremy would like to buy this car.
I'll give you a call tommorow.

bmak
Regular

May 2002

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR **PRICE DROP ONLY $1400** Tue, 01 November 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car isnt much different from when i had it registered.

a new exhaust, something that comes to the rear of the car, and is quieter - this is a must
a bonnet latch i think? - Not needed
suspension/brakes are all fine - Yep
maybe an engine with less work? - Shouldnt be a prob although its a pig to take off at a set of lights & the mechanic might not like that.

Locked diff may also be a problem but its just a tight LSD;)
The race seat is ADR approved & so is harness.
Also needs a passenger seat.
It was registered as a 4 seater even though i never had a back seat.

Arch also asked me to put up the cam spec sheet so here it is.

http://www.bmak.net/images/ke20camspec.jpg
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: FS ADEL: KE20 TRACK CAR **PRICE DROP ONLY $1400** Tue, 01 November 2005 07:50 Go to previous message
Thanks heaps for that brad Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mz20 4 $ale with many, many mods...
Next Topic:Nissan Silvia 1989
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:08:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077040195465088 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.