Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KEBOOM
Occasional Poster

November 2004
icon5.gif  KE70 Rim and Tyre Size Fri, 28 October 2005 15:46 Go to next message
Hey,
I was just wondering what size tyres anyone has run on a KE70 with 15" rims. Reason is, I recently upgraded to Corona ST141 struts and my 13" stockies don't fit over the brakes. I'm currently running corona 14" stockies but they scrub like a bitch when turning (it's only a very temporary measure, I assure you... Embarassed ).
Very soon I am going to upgrade to 15x7" rims (offset as yet unknown). I would like to run some wide-ish tyres (up to 225 if possiblefor a bit of toughness, so I'd like to know what anyone else has run successfully without scrubbing or guard rolling. I'd also like to know what sort of profile I'd need in order to keep the original rolling diameter as close to original as possible.

Cheers,

Alex
  Send a private message to this user    
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: KE70 Rim and Tyre Size Sat, 29 October 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to know of a site where you could do a conversion to find out what profile you need. I'd be thinking it would be in the region of 50-55, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I'd be thinking if you get the right profile, most reasonable width tyres shouldn't scrape the guards.

Do a search on google for something like tyre size coverter or something. You enter your stock tyre size and rim size and what size rim you are upgrading to and it tells you the recommended tyre.

Kev.

Oh also keep in mind, with a bigger profile that you are running at the moment, your ratios have been messed with and you won't get an accurate speedo reading. With bigger profile it will show that you are going slower than you really are (wondered why people have been tailgating you recently?) Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 29 October 2005 14:34]

September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: KE70 Rim and Tyre Size Sat, 29 October 2005 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The tyre converter is at www.miata.net somewhere.
KEBOOM
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: KE70 Rim and Tyre Size Sat, 29 October 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the replies.
The 14s only currently run on the front, so the speedo is unaffected (hence the need to upgrade to the same rims all round...). I have found a couple of tyre convertors on the net, but they only tell you what tyres to use in order to match the new rolling diameter to the original. What I really need to know is what sizes people have used and how successful they have been.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: KE70 Rim and Tyre Size Sun, 30 October 2005 05:34 Go to previous message
Well it would really depend on alot of conditions such as offset and height of your ride man. Other people's outcomes wouldn't tell you much.. Buy your rims, then take your car into a tyre shop, and they will work out the biggest tyres you can put on them.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Got the wifey a Startlet KP61 84 model
Next Topic:What is the offset of a RA65???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:13:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045421123504639 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.