Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
new BF Falcon Thu, 27 October 2005 16:55 Go to next message
check out the latest Wheels or Motor, its got a test of the new BF XR6 6spd auto

and they reckon its bloody good - craps on the VZ commie and is up there with the Euros

us guys with 1.6lt 4ages have a bit to contend with eh!!!

4.0lt 190kw (same as 1uz) albeit 10yrs late...
multilink suspension
6spd auto - super fast shift mechanism
DSC- dynamic stability control

and its a real Aussie car!! at a good price...

good to see a world class product finally!!
  Send a private message to this user    
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: new BF Falcon Thu, 27 October 2005 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats teh same engine as the last few years then?

seen teh tv adss for the new 6 speed auto? Razz
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: new BF Falcon Thu, 27 October 2005 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Makes me laugh when people paid BIG money for VS HSV commies with the extra grunt of 185kw Rolling Eyes

Commodore and Falcon 6's now run 190kw Laughing suckers
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: new BF Falcon Fri, 28 October 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or the difference between new and old corollas Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: new BF Falcon Sat, 29 October 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well , dad just picked up his baMk2 Xr6 yesterday ( one of the runout specials ) while its not gifted with the same auto as the new Xr6 turbo's , its bloody nice to drive , for a falcon ..

We had a territory before hand , that was good , but the Xr6 REALLy does actually feel sporty ..

So far in just the short stint ive had it to drive , it sits nice and square , has pretty good pickup , compared to our previous falcons , but its SO much more comfortable Smile

Were taking it to get some minor tweaks done to it - the normal exhaust , filter etc etc mods , to give it a nicer note - which should net a kilowatt or 3 more , but yeah - id be happy having one as my daily trundler for commuting ..

For an Australian big family car , which we all know are a few years behind the euro and jap equivelents , its pretty bloody good
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: new BF Falcon Sat, 29 October 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sat, 29 October 2005 11:32

Well , dad just picked up his baMk2 Xr6 yesterday ( one of the runout specials ) while its not gifted with the same auto as the new Xr6 turbo's , its bloody nice to drive , for a falcon ..

We had a territory before hand , that was good , but the Xr6 REALLy does actually feel sporty ..

So far in just the short stint ive had it to drive , it sits nice and square , has pretty good pickup , compared to our previous falcons , but its SO much more comfortable Smile

Were taking it to get some minor tweaks done to it - the normal exhaust , filter etc etc mods , to give it a nicer note - which should net a kilowatt or 3 more , but yeah - id be happy having one as my daily trundler for commuting ..

For an Australian big family car , which we all know are a few years behind the euro and jap equivelents , its pretty bloody good

Good car build quality still not great though. Mate had one as his company car after 20,000kms, the O2 sensor was fuxored, Side strips falling off, Ford badge at front coming off, and Continous knocking noise coming from front left suspension.

Plenty of go, decent sound system, good ride (futura or whatever), but fuck me did it drink.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: new BF Falcon Sat, 29 October 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorta sounds like the corona we used to have - previous to buying falcons Wink LOL Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: new BF Falcon Sat, 29 October 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sat, 29 October 2005 12:04

sorta sounds like the corona we used to have - previous to buying falcons Wink LOL Smile

Corona had a ford badge falling off it Laughing Rolling Eyes
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: new BF Falcon Sat, 29 October 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nahh - it drank like a fish , the trins kept coming off , the corona badge eventually duid drop off , pissed oil everywhere ..

man i hated that car ..... and to top it off it had the sunfire or whatever motor

tried to convince dad to swap it at least to an 18R , but we arsed it off , traded it in on the ma61 supra , bought an EL falcon at the same time , and never looked back
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: new BF Falcon Sun, 30 October 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they still aint nuttin special.

i can guarentee they will still be coming bak in every 3-6 months for brake shudder.

the wheels look cheap n nasty
new front bar styling is way to much "i wana be a ricer"
and the "new" interior styling is just s new pattern on seats.

im a ford mechanic for wayne phillis over here in adelaide.
i see these cars everyday.

they aint dat special.

and also the sed things dat go rong by corona rt142 these are all warrantable repairs. bring ur car in and itll be fixed at no charge.

although the rear vision camera in the new SY terrors is pretty cool. its clear as day but u can only see wats about to hit the bumper so i wouldnt use it 2 negotiate any park.

cheers scott
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: new BF Falcon Sun, 30 October 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes the things are reapairable under warranty but the fact is they shouldn't go wrong. I mean we have had our camry for over 2 years now, and it was a used toyota car. It now has 50k kms on it and the only thing to go wrong is the aerial died.

I don't care if a car is fixed by the dealer it is still time lost and when the car is a business vehicle down time means loss of money when you are a sales rep as my mate is.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: new BF Falcon Sun, 30 October 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still waiting for the bs falcon Laughing Laughing

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: new BF Falcon Sun, 30 October 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well they have had the barge arse (quite true as well), now BF bull fucker (waht lese can we come up with) so why not.
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: new BF Falcon Sun, 30 October 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a ford.
they suck

shit my ke20 has less things go rong with it than a brand new falcon.

at least fords fuck ups keep me ina job.

cheers scott
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: new BF Falcon Sun, 30 October 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mates mum just bought a monaro, i am extremely jealous.

fords suck teh big p00.

Eldar.O.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: new BF Falcon Sun, 30 October 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PMP020 wrote on Sun, 30 October 2005 10:13

they still aint nuttin special.

i can guarentee they will still be coming bak in every 3-6 months for brake shudder.

the wheels look cheap n nasty
new front bar styling is way to much "i wana be a ricer"
and the "new" interior styling is just s new pattern on seats.

im a ford mechanic for wayne phillis over here in adelaide.
i see these cars everyday.

they aint dat special.

and also the sed things dat go rong by corona rt142 these are all warrantable repairs. bring ur car in and itll be fixed at no charge.

although the rear vision camera in the new SY terrors is pretty cool. its clear as day but u can only see wats about to hit the bumper so i wouldnt use it 2 negotiate any park.

cheers scott

I think your full of shit! I'm am almost positive that any Ford dealership would never employ someone that spells as bad as you Rolling Eyes
Maybe if you went back to school and got some English lessons you could possibly come up with a fix for any real issues that may arrive.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: new BF Falcon Sun, 30 October 2005 05:34 Go to previous message
Maybe the reason that ford is having problems with the cars is because you girls cant drive?
My personally owned AU Falcoon has 11000ks on it now and our work BA Falcon has 400000 on it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:finding a toyota symbol on the net
Next Topic:Where to buy Weber 28/36 DCD Jets?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:34:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050098896026611 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.