Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Body and Interior » EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler (4) 1 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Sun, 30 October 2005 04:17 Go to next message
My Group A Supra has one of the US Spec 2 element rear spoliers on it. These spoilers are an ABS moulding in 3 pieces and cover most of the liftback, and have 2 wing elements. They actually work at reducing lift at speed, unlike the original 'sunshade'. I have attached a photo of my car at Bathurst 1987 showing the spoiler, however you should be able to find other photos on the web of them. Good for hiding rust!

I am looking at getting it replicated in fibreglass, in case I break it one day. I can get it done cheaply if I only want one made, or if there is enough interest I can pay to get proper moulds made and that way anyone can have one. I am not after money at the moment, just an expression of interest in the items, if there is enough interest I will approach the fibreglass guy and get a quote, and we can determine if it is feasible after that.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=16115

John A
ART Racing

Attachment: Supra Spolier Bathurst 87.JPG
(Size: 119.21KB, Downloaded 360 time(s))

Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Sun, 30 October 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raises hand in interest...

*pic saved to hard drive*

and john - i got your PM - much appreciated. i havent replied as ive not had time to compile a reasonable response - but your time was most appreciated

cheers
ed

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Sun, 30 October 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will register my interest. A hatch that will never rust (i.e. fibreglass) could be good too eh?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Sun, 30 October 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FYI those spoilers were released on Aussie MA61's.

I've seen one on a perfect condition bog stock one a few months back.
dA_g|mP
Newcomer

May 2004
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Sun, 30 October 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another for interest ere Very Happy
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Sun, 30 October 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interested, i've been wanting one of these for a little while now.
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Sun, 30 October 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote: FYI those spoilers were released on Aussie MA61's.

I've seen one on a perfect condition bog stock one a few months back. Unquote

Even Peter Williamson, who had one of the biggest Toyota dealerships in Australia, had to import the one which is now on my car in late 86 and even he had trouble getting one. I have seen only one other in Aus. If you can find some more, I won't get mine copied, I will just buy another.

BTW, apologies for the picture, next time I will reduce the size to reduce the file size, not the compression ratio.

John
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Sun, 30 October 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I see the car again, I'll ask the owner.
But as I said, it was a completely stock car, so I can't see him having imported it.

If its a copy, it could be easier for you, as somewhere will already have the mould.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Sun, 30 October 2005 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw one on a 1980 XX celica/supra not a week ago they look nice Very Happy
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Mon, 31 October 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put me down as interested for one as well John.

How is the repaint going on the car ?

Wish i could get up to Qld to see it

Cheers

Michael B
Viper_III
Regular

March 2005
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Mon, 31 October 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill put my hand up for one aswell. Surprised

was gona try import one for the US, but looks like i wont have to.

excellent
RA65 Sleeka
Regular

June 2003
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Mon, 31 October 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hands up here too
mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Mon, 31 October 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn your car looks tuff sitting in the pits! I might be interest as well, but the question is, do you have any other parts off any of the racecars that you wish to sell? I could be very very very interested!!! PM me if you do Laughing
1983supra
Regular

I supported Toymods

July 2002
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Mon, 31 October 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota Aust confirm the hatch spoiler was not released outside the US.

This is a pic of the spoiler facing up, you can see it utilises the same bolt holes on the side, but you have to drill more holes at the bottom centre and corners. Smile

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~wcarlson/mypic75.JPG
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Wed, 02 November 2005 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Must admit, I hate that photo. It is the last one I have of the car before it went to NZ, looking very tired at Bathurst. It didn't qualify for a number of reasons, and Peter Williamson had just lost his car dealership, note the sticker on the bumper says 'Peter Williamson for Toyota', the 'for' has been added in since the previous race. Toyota had withdrawn their sponsorship when he lost the dealership, hence the car is mainly plain white. All the race engines had been built with the wrong compression ratio, and the best time he got was a 2:31 when the car should have been in the low 20's. Being in the outright category rather than Under 3L (it was changed to 2.5L for 1987) didn't help. The car had already been sold as well, to a friend of John Sax in NX, and John had basically bought his drive as part of the deal, but then couldn't get the car under 2:40, not that it would have mattered. A sad end to 4 years of racing in Australia. In 4 visits to Bathurst, the car only did 32 race laps, unfortunately this is probably a record for all the wrong reasons!

JA
toyota_XT130
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Wed, 02 November 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...so a friend of mine has a RA60 celica....would this fit the hatch.....it will hide the rust nicely.....

so looking at the picture, the hach needs 2 holes drilled on each side and 2 holes on the bottom is this correct?????
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Thu, 03 November 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will fit any of these body shape Celicas/Supras, is designed to fit the rear wiper etc. There are at least 4 holes to be drilled at the bottom, one each corner and the two in the middle, will check this weekend on exact number (can't remember stuff like that, that's why the camera was invented). I don't have the rubber protective tape for them, they will have to be cut to fit, we don't use it on the race car (more weight/complexity). The hatch is at the fibreglassers now, but it is a 'take your time' job or else the cost goes right up.

JA
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Thu, 03 November 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm definitly in!!!11!!one!

can we get it made without provision for a rear wiper? (I plan to remove mine)
1983supra
Regular

I supported Toymods

July 2002
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Fri, 04 November 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The wiper sits underneath the rear spoiler lip, you can just see the wiper pivot point in the picture.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~wcarlson/mypic76.jpg

Put me done for one as well Very Happy
82MKII
Regular

July 2003
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Fri, 04 November 2005 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would be interested in knowing the price.
Keep us posted.

Peter
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Thu, 17 November 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spoiler has been sent to the fibreglassers, I will get them to mould at least one trial spoiler which I will pay for, and if I am happy with the end result I will put you all on to him, and you can deal direct. Don't have a date yet, but should be before Christmas anyway.

Regards,

John A
ART Racing
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Thu, 17 November 2005 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers John,

I'll keep waiting for the details.

Can you post the details over on the new forums as well please ?

Cheers

Michael Bachmann
supra7m8u@yahoo.com.au
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Wed, 23 November 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i put my hands up two mate cheers Very Happy
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: EOI: MA61 Supra and Celica US Spec Rear Spoiler Thu, 24 November 2005 12:25 Go to previous message
I can confirm that wing was never on the Australian delivered MA61. I imported one for my MA-61. The standard wiper does not work though, the wiper arm is different for models that use this style spoiler, I can confirm this from when I installed mine. They definately look awesome in the flesh. I imagine my old MKII is still circulating with this and the US trip computer on it....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wrecking AE86 - Gold Coast
Next Topic:RA23/28 GT Hood Vents
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:44:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065469741821289 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.