Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sat, 02 July 2005 05:12 Go to next message
Thought this thread might be a good idea.

Just been watching a few movies where ive seen some old school Toyota in it and gone "WOW! Thats in MINT Condition!".

Its great for us older Toyota owners to look back and see how they looked when they were brand new, to give us that little bit more inspiration to get them back to that showroom shine..

So Post them!!

Two ive noticed are -

Back to the Future (1985) - When Marty is crossing the street in 1985 near the beginning, there is a JUICY MA61 sitting in the street that shines with class! And being a stupid American kid hes too busy looking at the Hilux 4x4 Across the road on the back of a Truck than the gorgeous MA61..

The Butterfly Effect (2004) - RA60 With a HAWT! Blue Paintjob in Immaculate condition. It was so sad and hearbreaking to see it destroyed by the chicks brother. Another classic Toyota wrecked for the Hollywood Big Screen.. *throttles the producer*

Surprised
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sat, 02 July 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
already been done,
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sat, 02 July 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yellow AE82 in ALI G!!!
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sat, 02 July 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Sat, 02 July 2005 22:02

yellow AE82 in ALI G!!!

i dont thinks thats an ae82.... its a nova or somthing
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sat, 02 July 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's a renault 5 actually Smile If you're talking about the one he drives the R 5t's were cool Very Happy
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sat, 02 July 2005 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You read my mind mate, the other day watching The Wedding Singer, I noticed basically every background car was an 80's Toyota.

The Car across the street? MX73 Cressida, the carpark of the reception hall? I spotted an AW11 MR2 and I think it was a Corona, either way I remember seeing quite a few in it.
pully
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sun, 03 July 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamgatan wrote on Sat, 02 July 2005 15:12

Back to the Future (1985) - When Marty is crossing the street in 1985 near the beginning, there is a JUICY MA61 sitting in the street that shines with class! And being a stupid American kid hes too busy looking at the Hilux 4x4 Across the road on the back of a Truck than the gorgeous MA61..

Yes!! How nice is that MA61 Very Happy

btw, they actually do it up in BTTF II - they make it into a future car - its the blue one with a "windscreen" halfway down the bonnet. If you look closely you can see the shape of the car under it.
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sun, 03 July 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FATF1: Theirs a white MA60 in the big drag scene when everyone is taking off.

Also the 2000GT in James Bond "You only live Twice"
pully
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sun, 03 July 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edit
^^ What daemon said: Fast and The Furious

[Updated on: Sun, 03 July 2005 07:22]

Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sun, 03 July 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fast and the Furious: at the street drag when the cops come in theres a white ma61 with a kit. looks sweet.
Spence
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sun, 03 July 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure does, best car in the movie. (F&F bashing goes here)
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sun, 03 July 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of which i hired butterfly effect last night great movie and nice car Very Happy
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sun, 03 July 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyoda wrote on Sat, 02 July 2005 22:47

yellow AE82 in ALI G!!!

Nova = Corolla re-badged for another company (Holden in Aust)
Apollo = Camry re-badged for another company (Holden in Aust)

Very Happy
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sun, 03 July 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phrostbyte wrote on Sun, 03 July 2005 22:20

yellow AE82 in ALI G!!!

Very Happy

LOL nar man, vaxuhall nova is a completly different car.... quite abit smaller then ae82, fair enough vauxhall = holden, but they are different cars
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sun, 03 July 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another James Bond, Live and let die there's a few RT corona's in the streets during the car chase scene. Also in you only live twice apart from the 2000GT is the car they drop in the ocean an old century or the like?
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sun, 03 July 2005 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyoda wrote on Sun, 03 July 2005 22:51

yellow AE82 in ALI G!!!

Very Happy

LOL nar man, vaxuhall nova is a completly different car.... quite abit smaller then ae82, fair enough vauxhall = holden, but they are different cars

I'm not sure about the Vauxhall Nova but the Holden Nova and Holden Apollos are, like Phrostbyte said, Toyota Corollas and Camrys.
I'm assuming that because Vauxhall/Holden are owned by GM that the Vauxhall Nova is the Holden Nova anyway but 100% the Holden Nova is a re-badged Corolla.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sun, 03 July 2005 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well there's a Toyota AE86 in the movie Initial D Rolling Eyes
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sun, 03 July 2005 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 02:41

yellow AE82 in ALI G!!!

Very Happy

I'm not sure about the Vauxhall Nova but the Holden Nova and Holden Apollos are, like Phrostbyte said, Toyota Corollas and Camrys.
I'm assuming that because Vauxhall/Holden are owned by GM that the Vauxhall Nova is the Holden Nova anyway but 100% the Holden Nova is a re-badged Corolla.

dude thats some mind twister u have there. have to read few times to get it Embarassed
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sun, 03 July 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive seen some ae86s in law & order and other american shows like that.

Guys if you have rips of these movies, take a screen dump and post it up here!
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Mon, 04 July 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 03:22

thu187 wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 02:41

yellow AE82 in ALI G!!!

Very Happy

dude thats some mind twister u have there. have to read few times to get it Embarassed

Just to end this argument, as stated before, it is a renault.
Fu'k all toyotas made it to the UK anyway

[Updated on: Mon, 04 July 2005 00:33]

79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Mon, 04 July 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres the AE86 or "Corolla GTS" Coupe in silence of the lambs... or is it the excorsist? I cant even remember...
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Mon, 04 July 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw an MA70 Series I in Taxi (US Version) getting SMASHED heheeh Smile
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Mon, 04 July 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 13:57

Crying or Very Sad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Mon, 04 July 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well.. it was a pretty cool scene - but I did feel sorry for the old poops
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Mon, 04 July 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

There's an RA23 in "Raise the Titanic". It's in the scene where some dudes are talking on a street corner, and behind them, waiting at the lights is an RA23.

Though it's not a Toyota, I always loved the E-type Jag Panel Van in "Harold & Maude". Jag made two specifically for the movie and one was deliberately totalled in the movie.

seeyuzz
river
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Mon, 04 July 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=638902&rid=4118&S=362dd7f8e3e71496a490 fcdd3f021646
already covered ad pics as well enjoy Very Happy
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=378869&rid=4118&S=362dd7f8e3e71496a490 fcdd3f021646
and another one

[Updated on: Mon, 04 July 2005 07:05]

Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Mon, 04 July 2005 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What i found on the Club4AG forums a while ago.

http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=99505

USDM Truneno in Meteor Man Razz
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Mon, 04 July 2005 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 15:57

I saw that! I was quite upset, more so that I was actually watching Taxi.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Tue, 05 July 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Sun, 03 July 2005 22:56

is the car they drop in the ocean an old century or the like?

A rare black MS41 Crown Deluxe.

There is also a silver Corona Mk2 in the third Dirty Harry movie where he has the female partner. Look for it just where they do the bust on the black militants - the garbage can hubcaps are the giveaway.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Tue, 05 July 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peeack wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 00:05

RobST162 wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 15:57

I saw that! I was quite upset, more so that I was actually watching Taxi.

admit it.. queen latifah makes your todger bar up Very Happy
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Tue, 05 July 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and the lexus in minority report..
(kind of a toyota)
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Tue, 05 July 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres a few ta22's smashed in about 3 jackie chan movies

the van in mad max that gets totalled by the interceptor MAY be a hi ace .. not sure on this , looks like one if i remember

of course the fooly seeeek supraz in fast and da furious cant think of any others right now

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Tue, 05 July 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 22:12

the van in mad max that gets totalled by the interceptor MAY be a hi ace .. not sure on this , looks like one if i remember

Stu, everyone knows that's a Mazda Bongo. I just can't tell you if it's an F800 or F1000. See here.
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Tue, 05 July 2005 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blue 162 in freddy got fingered
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Wed, 06 July 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want to have a look at this MA61 from fast and furious can someone please post up a pic of it !!!
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Wed, 06 July 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Black Hilux on back to the future look sweet lol
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Wed, 06 July 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celica ST162 with a bigh rear spoiler in the movie Danny Deckchair (aussie movie)

Also worth a mention is the lexus/soarer in Terminator 3.
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Fri, 15 July 2005 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Black MA61 in I Heart Huckabees. Not a bad movie actually, and Naomi Watts looks pretty hot Razz

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2005 14:57]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sun, 30 October 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was just watching Knight rider and there is a brown/red MA61. Its on the episode called "Knightmares" and on the DVD set its in chapter 1!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sun, 30 October 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
white TA22 with flames out the exhaust, being driven by Drum Wolf and Bass Wolf

from the movie "Guitar Wolf : Wild Zero"
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Sun, 30 October 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST184 in Two hands (alas its an aussie movie)
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Wed, 02 November 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,
i saw this blue ta22/ra/ta23 hooning in this stop slow bat film (lolly pop men) at work the other day. for those who dont know that a stop slow bat is, it is a round stop and slow sign on opposite sides at the end of a wooden/metal stick that roadworkers/traffic controllers use to stop and slow the traffic.
featured russell crow in his younger years as the loly pop man.

also green ta22/ra/ta23 in pizza the movie (schoolies movie).
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Wed, 02 November 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pully wrote on Sun, 03 July 2005 15:47

hamgatan wrote on Sat, 02 July 2005 15:12

Yes!! How nice is that MA61 Very Happy

btw, they actually do it up in BTTF II - they make it into a future car - its the blue one with a "windscreen" halfway down the bonnet. If you look closely you can see the shape of the car under it.

http://www.abbeysound.com.au/jnicol/toyotamovie/bttf2.jpg

Son of a bitch eh!
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Wed, 02 November 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MA61 in dude wheres my car , just as they walk outta the house to look for Jesse's car
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The Official "Toyotas on the Hollywood Big Screen" Thread Tue, 29 November 2005 14:51 Go to previous message
I had to dig this thread up cuz of the T-18s in "boyz in the hood"
there is one in the yard where the kids 1st see the dead body and another one on the street shortly after.

Also the guy with the chicago bulls cap his little red car is that a rolla ?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Any good places in Perth to buy C52 LSD g/box?
Next Topic:RA60 and AE86 struts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:09:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008681058883667 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.