Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Toymods Membership & Feedback » Data conversion - old forums -> new forums

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Data conversion - old forums -> new forums Wed, 12 October 2005 03:22 Go to next message
Hi all, I just had a thought re the new forums:

Part of my job is to do data conversions between wildly different database formats for major australian trade unions when they decide to start using our software.

I was thinking, it wouldn't be too hard to bring all the posts from the old forums over to the new ones, if anyone wants me to. I'm assuming they both run from mysql databases.

Any interest?
  Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Data conversion - old forums -> new forums Wed, 12 October 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Thanks for the offer, but the idea with the new forums is that we're going to start fresh so that we leave all the crap behind.

So no need for any data migration! Smile
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: Data conversion - old forums -> new forums Thu, 13 October 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet then.
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: Data conversion - old forums -> new forums Sun, 30 October 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but what about all the non-crap
ppl arnt gonna want to open up the old site to search, as well as searching the new site, and other sites, or will the search function search the old forums to?
if not its just gonna be more ppl gettin sick of repeating themselves, but just repeating it in a new place....
my 2c anyway
~andrew~
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Data conversion - old forums -> new forums Sun, 30 October 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you had read the FAQ or some such, you would know that the old forums will be linked but you cannot post. so the old messages will still be viewable..
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: Data conversion - old forums -> new forums Sun, 30 October 2005 09:55 Go to previous message
my bad Embarassed
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Discount for Toymods members
Next Topic:thread of interest
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:45:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057649612426758 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.