Toymods » Members Rides » EVIL AE86-Preperation4AnnualMeet

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
springvale_boy
Occasional Poster

April 2005
icon4.gif  EVIL AE86-Preperation4AnnualMeet Sat, 29 October 2005 07:02 Go to next message
EVIL AE86

Here are just some pics of what ive been doing to the car..
Its a 1983 Aus spec sprinter that i bought for 1k!!! off some chinese guy that used it for shopping in June this year. Im getting ready for the the Annual Hachi Roku Meet on the december 10th which is also happens to be on my bday Shocked So hopefully my car will be ready by then.. Ill post more pics as it gets put back together.

Fender Rust- When i first got the car it didnt seem to have any rust untill i started strippin the paint. This is what i found after sanding down the rear section of the 86.

[img][/url]

Levin Front- Levin panels have been taken off and are being sold as im doing a trueno conversion which i bought for 2.8k! (More than what i payed for the car)

[img]
[/url]

[img]
[/url]

Primed!!!- In the last 2 weeks ive been preparing the body to be primed. Just finished today.

[img]
[/url]
  Send a private message to this user    
godsend
Regular

February 2005
Re: EVIL AE86-Preperation4AnnualMeet Sun, 30 October 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so far so good... ill b prepping n painting my car soon (after uni exams anywaiz...) any tips u wanna share... what to do n what no to do?
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EVIL AE86-Preperation4AnnualMeet Sun, 30 October 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort of paint are you using? And where will you spray the top coats?

And where is this annual meeting? I will make the trip over from Tassie some day for it, maybe next year. My eight-six is still looking much like yours.
springvale_boy
Occasional Poster

April 2005
icon14.gif  Re: EVIL AE86-Preperation4AnnualMeet Sun, 30 October 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2pak white over white primer filler, make sure you wear some sort of mask and open the doors or windows in the garage.. these fumes are lethal.. they also do a good job of getting you high Laughing and oh yeh..and if u do it in the garage like i am, hose everything down, vacume and put some plastic sheets on the ceiling to stop dust settling down. This is my first respray, so hopefully it will turn out good.

[Updated on: Sun, 30 October 2005 13:20]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: EVIL AE86-Preperation4AnnualMeet Sun, 30 October 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh... maybe a full respirator would be a good idea Wink
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: EVIL AE86-Preperation4AnnualMeet Sun, 30 October 2005 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Mon, 31 October 2005 00:28

ahhh... maybe a full respirator would be a good idea Wink

Indeed. 2pak paint is dangerous, use a serious resp mask and goggles when painting with it.

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: EVIL AE86-Preperation4AnnualMeet Sun, 30 October 2005 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonny2TG wrote on Sun, 30 October 2005 23:41

What sort of paint are you using? And where will you spray the top coats?

And where is this annual meeting? I will make the trip over from Tassie some day for it, maybe next year. My eight-six is still looking much like yours.

The Annual meet is in Melbourne from 8/12 -> 11/12 thats this december.

Last year we had 35 cars and it was featured in Drift Battle magazine. This year we're set to break that record and hopefully again get a feature in the mag.

click below to go to the thread:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=73245&start=0&rid=5318&S=6c388f3e778 2ab5d2a039c4373f82c80
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: EVIL AE86-Preperation4AnnualMeet Mon, 31 October 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You really gotta love the trueno to shell out 2.8k for a front!

looks real nice Smile
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: EVIL AE86-Preperation4AnnualMeet Mon, 31 October 2005 14:21 Go to previous message
Hope the paintwork works out fine. Just paint the car, not your lungs..... Surprised
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hello yall Noobie here
Next Topic:Stock looking Sprinter
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:11:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052371025085449 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.