Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » LS 400 / CELSIOR vs CROWN UZS 131 ROYAL SALOON G - ??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
VSG12777
Occasional Poster

March 2005

LS 400 / CELSIOR vs CROWN UZS 131 ROYAL SALOON G - ?? Sun, 30 October 2005 07:02 Go to next message
Hi there .... between the Crown Royal Saloon G UZS 131 (4 litre V8 model with leather) and the Celsior, which one is better ?? As for importing .... the Crown seems to be cheaper than the Celsior .... which one has better smoothness, build quality, features etc ?? Both these models seem to be packed with features ...

So the comparison now is between Crown UZS 131 Royal Saloon G with Leather ... and the Celsior C-type with F-package ... or whatever is the top of the line model in Celsior !!!

Someone please enlighten me with this info !! Thanks !

Regards,
Venkat Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
MacroP
Regular

April 2004
Re: LS 400 / CELSIOR vs CROWN UZS 131 ROYAL SALOON G - ?? Sun, 30 October 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celsior is certainly the top of the line model. You can't import them anymore either, no more 15 year rule.

Personally I'd go for a Celsior or a local LS400. It will be easier for parts and people know more about them than the boxy Crown, which is really a Grandpa car unless you are pimping it up.
VSG12777
Occasional Poster

March 2005

Re: LS 400 / CELSIOR vs CROWN UZS 131 ROYAL SALOON G - ?? Sun, 30 October 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok that's fine .... but which of these is better than the other ?? Both the Celsior and the Crown seem to be packed with features. Even the engine and gearbox are the same - 1UZFE engine with 4 spd auto A340 I guess.

Looking at a 1989 or 1990 model - both Celsior C-type with F-package and the Crown Royal Saloon G UZS 131 with leather .... seem to be fully loaded. The Crown does not have the rear massaging seats I think. However, it does have a TV/GPS, etc. The Celsior also seems to be a much bigger and more stylish car .... but it is also much more expensive.

Private sales of Celsior C-F models are around $11-14k while dealer sales are upto $17-18k.

The Crown on the other hand, is far cheaper - Yahoo Motorsports in Adelaide seems to have quite a few of these V8 Crowns - all for $4500 Aus landed price. This of course does not include compliance costs - but it is mentioned that this would cost upto $1200. Add another $1000 for RWC, Rego etc. All up, it still costs only around $7000 which is so affordable.

Maintenance wise, shouldn't the Crown be cheaper ??? Especially since it uses many common parts with other Toyota models ?? Probably the body panels would be a problem in case of an accident, but otherwise ?? NVH levels, smoothness, refinement etc ???

Anyone else has any thoughts on this folks ???? Smile
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: LS 400 / CELSIOR vs CROWN UZS 131 ROYAL SALOON G - ?? Mon, 31 October 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Think the crowns get a fridge too don't they? Smile

I was in the same situation, but went for a Celsior because they are bigger and I havea child with more planned, I would imagine the Crown would be considerably lighter, but I dont know much about em.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: LS 400 / CELSIOR vs CROWN UZS 131 ROYAL SALOON G - ?? Tue, 01 November 2005 08:50 Go to previous message
how about compliance on the UZS131? anyone know of a place in melbourne that can do them?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTF BBQ TA 22
Next Topic:Anyone know about the D1 GZ10?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:18:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041489601135254 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.