Toymods » General Car Talk » Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
icon14.gif  Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Mon, 31 October 2005 04:04 Go to next message
Greetings guys,

I entered the crown in my first full dyno comp over the weekend here in Adelaide at the ExtremeHorsepowerSuperShow (yes-it's actually called that..)-and had an absolute ball-here's the rundown.

The main comp was on Towler Performances Dyno Dynamics in full Shootout mode. Every one was complaining it was reading low-but we were all on a level playing field-so who cares!

1st run was with BFG drag radials. They overheated, blistered and virtually liquified causing wheelspin and limiting the car to 333rwkw.

2nd run I put on the trusty Simex Light Truck tyres, and I also had them strap it down HARD with only 16psi in the tyres, and then jam them up to 60psi after. That fixed the problem and it went 392rwkw.

3rd run I was trying to knock off a yellow 2JZ supra (1000+hp built motor) that had pulled 412rwkw. (bloody manuals! ) I wound the boost up to about 22 psi and went 400rwkw, and then went to 23-24 (not sure-I didn't want to look), but it leaned out and only made 1 more-401rwkw. (well derr-the 044 pump is rated to 600hp...good work einstein) Had I been able to fatten the fuel up it it should have gone better-but meh, it was awesome fun having a go anyway, and the car didn't miss a beat for the whole weekend.

That put it in 2nd outright behind Ben's Supra I84RE (top bloke), and in front of a big block HQ in 3rd.

I then took it over to the 800hp Dynapack dyno in the main pavillion as I've always wanted to use one. I pulled the boost back to around 19-20psi, and he did a quick test ramp to 4400 rpm (it makes max at around 5100). Result-442kw(593hp)!! He then tried a full power run, but as soon as the boost hit, the display screen flashed red with "TORQUE CAPACITY EXCEEDED, ABORT RUN IMMEDIATELY, DYNO WILL SHUT DOWN IN 15 SECONDS"!! They then re-booted the system, and he tried to do a power pull from about 4000 rpm (after peak torque), however it did the same thing again almost instantly. The dyno is rated to 3300nm at the hub.........He wants me to go up to his workshop when he has the software upgrade to allow it to handle 4400nm and 1100hp. The guys said that last week they had the Dynapack at Tenix to dyno a tank, and that didn't top it out......

Supercrown 1, Dynapack nil. Sleep

I had an awesome weekend anyway.

Sean.=-)

(I'll put some pics up later today)
  Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Mon, 31 October 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work big fella!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Mon, 31 October 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
top freekin effort man!

and yes bens supra is an animal and a half!

awesome too see two inline six powered toyotas on top as well Very Happy
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Mon, 31 October 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vidsorban Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Mon, 31 October 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Mon, 31 October 2005 16:08

vidsorban Very Happy

Nod
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Mon, 31 October 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats way to break (exceed its capacity) the dyno. lol. Will be interesting to see what it pulls with the updated software. Now to think of the potential residing in all those landcruisers.
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Piccies Mon, 31 October 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img417.imageshack.us/img417/4699/62kp.jpg
http://img437.imageshack.us/img437/7930/55sw.jpg
http://img437.imageshack.us/img437/5392/43ia1.jpg
http://img421.imageshack.us/img421/1545/38fa.jpg
http://img437.imageshack.us/img437/8899/27iy.jpg
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/9194/10si.jpg
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/9676/5377hp6mo.jpg
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Mon, 31 October 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And thats why Summernats use a Dyno Dynamics Chassis Dyno..... like ours Wink

Awesome effort as always Sean. You keep this up and the resale value of Crowns will skyrocket lol
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Mon, 31 October 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so with 1100hp and torque to match they dont max out,im very very confussed?
with 2.3 litre engines at alot more kw's i havnt come close to maxing a dyno exept an old vane one that i use to run engines in.
im lost on this one completely!
mick
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Mon, 31 October 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
p.s in full shoot out mode it will be 25% or so over for the wow factor not under.im trying to work out what is going on here!
first time ive ever heard of a dyno comp the lowers the HP outputs.
mick
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Mon, 31 October 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mick-prior to the day I called the workshop running the comp to check what the program was, and the owner specifically warned me that with the latest version shootout software they were using that the numbers would be down 15-20kw. True to his word, on my first run before the BFG's went up in smoke it went 361kw, 20kw down on one dyno I've used and 30 down on another (all using the same ramp rate and similar atmospheric conditions). It took another 1.7 pounds to pick up the 30kw. Most others that were used to running on chassis dyno's noticed it as well(including the Supra)-but as I said before, it was a level playing field.

As for 2.3 big HP motors not maxing out dynos, I'm not at all surprised. Although rated in HP, the limiting factor in dynos is their ability to register torque-power just comes with torque at revs-which I'm sure you already know. Although the 4.5L may be down on power to these smaller displacement engines, it will be making far more torque-unless these motors are running in excess of 45-50 pounds boost. The crown may not have been in the running to hit the HP ceiling of the Dynapack units due to it's low revving nature, but it was capable of exceeding the max torque limit with apparrent ease.(well in excess of 1000nm by around 3000rpm, with max at 3600rpm or so)

The Dynapack system uses a single type of mechanical unit, and the different levels of torque handling ability (and hence max power rating) are goverened by differing levels of software-for which they charge increasing amounts.(very smart method as far as R&D goes as it means the mechanical development cost is greatly reduced)

As for how much the blue whale is ACTUALLY making-it's anyones guess, but crunching the numbers from the 130mph trap speed and race weight, at 19psi it's around 600hp at the flex plate. Once I pull it out and mod the motor internally I'll engine dyno it for an accurate number-but for now, a 1/4 mile trap speed doesn't lie. If the dyno was 25% over, there's no way a vehicle with this kerb weight (including me, well over 1600kg/3500lbs wet) would even come close to 130mph with only 400hp.

[Updated on: Mon, 31 October 2005 09:25]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Mon, 31 October 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what mods have u done to get that much power ?

this must be awesome to drive i love how it looks aswell.

very VERY nice
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Mon, 31 October 2005 18:43

p.s in full shoot out mode it will be 25% or so over for the wow factor not under.im trying to work out what is going on here!
first time ive ever heard of a dyno comp the lowers the HP outputs.
mick

Mick you are dead set dreaming here. This has been tested plenty of times and shown not to be true. This is also different to your other claims all over the place about shoot out mode, where you were claiming 10% high now it's up to 25%.

The hub dyno is having problems with too much torque. It's fairly simple really it is rated for 800HP but obviously the rating is based on this power being made at high revs therefore lower torque. The maths is pretty damn simple.

Editted to change from 1100HP based off Micks data to the correct 800hp based off the real data.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 November 2005 03:41]

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lmao is this coming from experiance building engines and doing hours on engine dynos or just what your mate said josh!part of the reason i have stopped doing engines for dyno comps is because it is such shit! so i take it you think you have to rev the shit out of a 355 stroker with 25-30psi to make power,so all there torque must way up high.?dyno comps are now setup for V8's to win with a low rev limit.because we sacred the fuck out of them at summernats with a little 2.3litre engine at 11000rpm.
there has been many a racecar tuned on the dyno at a respected workshop in silerwater that cranked out 620hp and the torque which is pretty weak as it comes in very high in the rev range at 3800rpm was right on the money at 560fp.all the race proper race 6 litres atmo chevs are all about the same.so the dynos would be having heart failure the country over!
it must be just the major dyno events that they upped the shootout mode.why do you think shootout mode was invented.if it wasnt used like it is to up figures there would only ever be one mode now wouldnt there.horsepower comps wouldnt last if the power for 90% of the cars stayed the same.
your comment make me think you are really saying" throw a double 6 dice to give me max horsepower on the dyno spell, give me spell of maximum boost.im protected by the field of accurate dyno runs"
can anyone say tuning tool,otherwise the serious guys are wasteing there money on engine dyno's!
mick
p.s i can just picture the people at the show going back the next year after the same cars they have seen before made less power,im sure they would think they had spent there entry fee well.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont mean to offend in the above josh as i know you have gone to uni and done the hard yards it takes to get an engineering degree.it takes a lot of study to have a degree from one of our fine universities in engineering. i deal with quite a few race engineers that have been in racing for 30 odd years and ask questions of them as the ring me to ask my advice or were they can locate or have made the best of something.so i have a lot of respect for engineering degrees in the structural or mechanical fields.
mick
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Mick I haven't done hours on engine dyno's and in fact that has absolutely nothing to do with how shoot out mode compares to non-shoot out mode.

What my comments come from is seeing the same cars run in both shootout mode and normal mode and seeing very little difference between the power outputs.

Quote:

there has been many a racecar tuned on the dyno at a respected workshop in silerwater that cranked out 620hp and the torque which is pretty weak as it comes in very high in the rev range at 3800rpm was right on the money at 560fp.all the race proper race 6 litres atmo chevs are all about the same.so the dynos would be having heart failure the country over!

What does this have to do with the comparison being seen? You're talking about a N/A engine that makes fairly weak, in comparison to the engine in question, low end torque not being able to max out the torque rating of a dyno. Strangely enough Dynapack dyno's aren't all across the country, unlike dyno dynamics machines which measured the output fine. Which Silverwater workshop has a Dynajet?

Quote:

it must be just the major dyno events that they upped the shootout mode.why do you think shootout mode was invented.if it wasnt used like it is to up figures there would only ever be one mode now wouldnt there.horsepower comps wouldnt last if the power for 90% of the cars stayed the same.
your comment make me think you are really saying" throw a double 6 dice to give me max horsepower on the dyno spell, give me spell of maximum boost.im protected by the field of accurate dyno runs"

For starters yes I do know what shoot-out mode was designed for, it's to standardise dyno settings to stop dodgy operators from fudging outputs. This allows them to be more comparable between different dyno's. So you're saying that dyno's should not be calibrated to give more accurate and repeatable results at all? Do you know what the shift and space bar buttons were made for?

Quote:

can anyone say tuning tool,otherwise the serious guys are wasteing there money on engine dyno's!

I agree completely chassis dyno's are a tuning tool.

Could you explain the purpose of this thread you created though, Dyno Sheets? There's a post saying it's so people can see what effect different mods have, but you haven't asked for before and after measurements. Surely you aren't implying that different cars dynoed on different dyno's can be compared to see what effect different mods had.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Back to the original topic though.

What a kick arse Crown. Congratulation Sean it's awesome to see the old girl making a name for herself
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i asked so people could see how the same mods are diffrent on diffrent dynos!wondered if anyone would clue in on that but no one did.
i take it that dynopac{and i didnt see it was a dynopac as i assumed it was a dynamics as thats what serious people use and have for a few years} is a secound rate dyno in the same vote as the old vane dynos what loosers,not as if its rocket science after 20 years!

560fp at 3800rpm is a weak torque output i think you dont know what fp is or it must be one strange engine to be making it look weak.maybe the scotchs im drinking for melbourne cup day are clouding my outlook on things.

i think someone fucked up by letting a low reading dynopac be used at a dyno comp.

and sean this dosnt mean you car isnt hot at all!just thought id add that so you dint go "wtf"

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dynapac is a hub dyno that bolts to the hubs rather than using rollers.

If you read the post it shows that the dyno dynamics measured the output fine once they had traction but the hub dyno shut down because it was over the software imposed torque limit.

I know what foot pound, is and agree that 560 is a hell of a lot of torque, but when comparing this to a 4L engine running 1.5bar of boost it's no competition. No 6L NA engine is going to make as much torque as a 4L with 1.5bar of boost. So in comparison the NA engine is weak.

The thing measured 400KW at the wheels at 5100rpm on the dyno dynamics. This means it was making at least 750Nm, 553PF, at maximum power revs, plus losses from driveline etc, let alone what it was making at peak torque.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 13:03

I know what foot pound, is and agree that 560 is a hell of a lot of torque, but when comparing this to a 4.5L engine running 1.5bar of boost it's no competition. No 6L NA engine is going to make as much torque as a 4.5L with 1.5bar of boost.
Fixed for you.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry ive had a few scotchs and two bottles of wine!but did you say it had 553fp and 530 hp so this is no competition how?the atmo has more of both. im pretty pissed but?
mick
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I said it had that much torque at peak power. Surely you understand that engines make peak torque and peak power at different revs, as the owner of the car stated it makes peak torque at less than 4000rpm and makes peak power at 5100rpm. I calculated torque at peak power revs as that is the only solid number I had.

What revs is this race car making 620hp at? It would have to be less than 6000rpm to be making more torque at maximum power revs than this car does.

I suppose we all should bow down to your greatness at this stage then, and ignore the fact that you didn't even know what the thread you were commenting in was about. Honestly the effort spent in trying to have you recognise that you could possibly be wrong about something, even something you know nothing about, just doesn't seem to be worth it. Don't worry in your eyes I'm sure you'll continue to be the bestest in the whole wide world. Wink
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that Frank. My mistake.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol you really dont want my knowledge on race engines now do you? so why even ask.seems a very strange thing to ask when you dont want realy want the knowledge.
mick
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's all well and good having all this knoweledge about engines, but to proclaim to know everything when you've clearly in this thread shown you don't just makes you come across as a tosser. I really want to try and respect you, because somewhere deep down in your non-spaced, all lowercase world there has to be some truth hidden in amongst all the "I know everything". Truth is, you allude to contributing lots, yet deliver little, belittle people for quoting from other sources, yet your knowledge and opinion about Shootout mode shows that you are just repeating spoonfed bullshit mixed in with dribs and drabs of your "knowledge". So what if you know lots about engine dynos, that's great, contribute about them sometimes, but don't bad-mouth something because it's the "done thing" and "you know all because of all your experience blah blah blah".

Sorry, end rant of someone who is pissed because they're about to see their car be towed home.

Sorry for the hijack. I must say now Sean, your car kicks ass Smile
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 18:07

non-spaced, all lowercase world

oi! leave me out of this - i like this world, and am very happy...

*also pissed*

PS - buy my car

/end subliminal advertising
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 19:22

PS - buy my car

MUST BUY ED'S CAR.... MUST BUY ED'S CAR........ *sleep walks to sydney*
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 16:22

justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 18:07

non-spaced, all lowercase world

oi! leave me out of this - i like this world, and am very happy...

*also pissed*

PS - buy my car

you have spaces bitch.

buy ed's car.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 14:46

dyno comps are now setup for V8's to win with a low rev limit.because we sacred the fuck out of them at summernats with a little 2.3litre engine at 11000rpm.
it must be just the major dyno events that they upped the shootout mode.why do you think shootout mode was invented.

Mick,

More thought less alcohol Wink

A couple of quick points just so everyone else doesn't get the wrong idea.

Shoot Out mode is a Dyno Dynamics feature, its not industry wide. Ie as far as I am aware Dynopac doesn't have a "Shoot Out mode" as such.

Shoot Out Mode - There is a different Shoot out mode for each different class of car due to the nature of the beast. You can hardly use the same Ramp rate on a Twin turbo V8 as you do on a N/A charade. What it does do is fix the Ramp rates for each class.

You can actually read all about Shoot Out mode here:
http://www.dyno.com.au/shootout.htm

Shoot Out mode does NOT read 25% higher some modes read a tad higher, some a little lower but its a small amount and at least now the runs are allot more consistant and you can reference all of the dyno settings.

MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Play nice boys, eh?

The drags are on again this weekend, so I'm fitting an extera pump and leaving the boost at 23 lbs. With an extra 50+kw on tap from last time and a warmer track it should be fun-not to mention the full slicks I have now.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Tue, 01 November 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck Sean

I'd love to see a video of it running some tens.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Wed, 02 November 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
publicly,

point 1

congrats sean

point 2

people shouldnt get on forums when pissed

point 3

trap speeds talk bull shits walks, and theres plenty of people walking and not many with trap speeds on this forum.

point 4

i hate people who pronounce their guruism status, and make sweeping generalisations and put shit on people who get out and have a go.

point 5

i wont lose sleep over this thread, instead i and i am sure sean, will go out and go faster and have fun, and if we run a 20 sec pass in between the 10's and 11's who cares. some times i like to have the ac on and music going on a 1/4 mile pass.

point 6

thanks to the toymods board and forum members who continully give praise to not only sean and myself but all the other guys and girls out giving it a go in a toyota.

shane Smile

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Fri, 04 November 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great post Shane.

I agree with all of those points.

Anyone game to put up a guestimate of Sean's coming runs? I am going to go with 10.2@136 if all goes well Smile
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Fri, 04 November 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My estimate-

OHMY.GOD@PLEASEHELP.ME mph

Remember that this car is 33 years old, and it has worm and ball steering......

I went over the car from last weekends activities and it looks like the higher boost isn't even troubling it. Go the stock engine..........
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Fri, 04 November 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sooooo, anyway

good work man

what internal mods have u done, apart from the mild port clean-up
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Fri, 04 November 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the encouragement.

I also removed some material from the combustion chambers to drop the comp from 9.0 to 8.5. (they are basically an open-chamber hemi style now) and retarded the stock cam timing by 3 degrees to push the torque range up a few hundred RPM.

However, apart from those two items and the mild port clean-up that's it. All the components are 100% standard Laughing . When it lets go I'll start poking about in there though.

Sean Smile
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Fri, 04 November 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i doubt it'll be the rods that let go, they are fat bitches
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Fri, 04 November 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome man.. crazy shit going on under your hood!

and all you guru's... -shutthefuckup- ... jeez everyone is an expert when it comes to dynos... its a tuning tool, not wanking competition equipment
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
More race results Sat, 05 November 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Results from this evenings visit to AIR. (just got home)

1st run
10.745@133.35mph (BFG)

2nd run
11.446@133.90 (BFG, but broke the beams when stalling it up and smoked through 2nd pretty badly)

3rd run
10.456@136.2mph (Hoosiers)

It was absolutely stomping in the deep end-and I'm yet to run the full 23 psi, that was on 21psi.

I'll put up some pics and a timeslip in the morning.

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: More race results Sat, 05 November 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
noice!!!
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Sat, 05 November 2005 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats awesome Very Happy very very impressed
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Sat, 05 November 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NICE WORK SEAN!!! Very Happy

How did the car feel with the slicks and runners compared to the street tyres in the deep end?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Sat, 05 November 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is so cool! Shocked
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Sat, 05 November 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is only one thing to be said...OMFG. Well done dude.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: More race results Sat, 05 November 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MS-75 wrote on Sun, 06 November 2005 01:20

1st run
10.745@133.35mph (BFG)

2nd run
11.446@133.90 (BFG, but broke the beams when stalling it up and smoked through 2nd pretty badly)

3rd run

It was absolutely stomping in the deep end-and I'm yet to run the full 23 psi, that was on 21psi.

great work mate

there goes my number 2 spot at hpi street drag challenge and my quickest a340e title. i reckon there is 140mph in this thing. i hope you soon put a cage in mate and a parachute.

also, you have to bring it up to sydney.

MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: More race results Sun, 06 November 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ.747 wrote on Sun, 06 November 2005 10:40

MS-75 wrote on Sun, 06 November 2005 01:20

1st run
10.745@133.35mph (BFG)

2nd run

3rd run

great work mate

there goes my number 2 spot at hpi street drag challenge and my quickest a340e title. i reckon there is 140mph in this thing. i hope you soon put a cage in mate and a parachute.

also, you have to bring it up to sydney.

Thanks mate. I'm definitely going to be travelling with it next year. I'd love to go to WSID at some time and catch up in person.

As I suspected, due AIR rturning to the fold under ADNRA the entire meet-not just the competition section-was under ANDRA regs. On the first run of the night I was planning to back off at 1/2 track in case it went under 11.00. By 1/2 track it was going great so I stayed on it, but it hit the rev limiter a fair way out. Following the run I was waiting for an ANDRA official to come over and bust me, but no one showed up.

Splits
60' 1.849
660' 7.067
mph 106.00
ET 10.745
mph 133.25

I then went for a second run, but as I was trying to stall it up on the line it pushed through the brakes and broke the beams. I think it generated some boost out of the hole, but it over powered the tyres and lit up quite badly.

Splits
60' 2.477 (oops)
660' 7.779
mph 106.14
ET 11.466
mph 133.90

It was really busy so Alex, Mike and I bolted the brand new Hoosiers on so I get one run on them as I figured it would be last for the evening. I stomped it and tried to get some boost on the line, but I think I'm just being too soft and not somping it hard enough. In addition, the brakes are struggling to hold it still with no boost, let alone if it does generate some! Anyway, it pulled away pretty hard once rolling, and the fact that the hoosiers are X-ply meant they grow in diameter. The tyre growth meant that she didin't hit the rev limiter and continued to pull all the way through the lights.

Splits
60' 1.791
660' 6.884
mph 107.77
ET 10.456
mph 136.28

As I drove toward the timeslip van on the return road I could see a group of about 4 blokes looking at a timeslip and looking up the road toward me. When I got there, they checked my number about 4 times against the number on the timeslip-and made sure they weren't mixed up with the Commodore I had raced. The ANDRA bloke then walked up to the window and my night was over.....=-)
"Am I going to have to do a whole heap of stuff now?", I asked him. "You will if you want to keep racing mate.", he said. We then had a quick chat-and I explained I knew it was inevitable, so it was all fine-although my night was still over of course..

So a cage along with all the other bits it is then. I think I might just fit a parachute as well........

As you can see from the 60ft time, i'm yet to successfully launch it. In theory, theres 2 tenths there, and 1 tenth at the start is supposed to be be worth 2 tenths at the end-so that's almost flat 10 territitory.

Keep in mind also that last night I still didn't have the boost wound up to the ceiling that I did during the dyno comp. That's another 2psi or so.

And the components inside the motor are still stock. And no-even I can't believe it.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 November 2005 02:26]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Sun, 06 November 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice writeup. I was waiting to see what your 60 foot times were like. What is the rev limit on your motor and what diff gears are you currently using?

Pretty interesting that the tyre growth of the slicks was enough to make it to the end without hitting the limiter.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Sun, 06 November 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would go full cage if i were you mate.

chute for safety reasons.

realistically, you could cut a 1.5 sixty foot on those hoosiers or it should, if my heavy bitch can do it on radials. i know your pushing 100 hp more than me and a shit load more torque, but i am confident if you can get more clamping pressure it will happen, you will be looking at a mid to high nine then.

interesting that bob jane is now having andra management and rules there.

mike as in mv mike?

also, did you get my email re zoom?

talk soon.

shane
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Supercrown-1, Dynapack Dyno-NIL Mon, 07 November 2005 21:49 Go to previous message
1JZ.747 wrote on Sun, 06 November 2005 17:08

mike as in mv mike?

shane

Nah, mike as in me. It was great to watch and to catch up with Sean again.

Some of the best stuff is seeing peoples faces when they have a look and basically find out it is a stock landy motor and that it makes so little noise compared with some of the other cars yet blows them away !!!!

We suggested a few names for the car on the night such as "Landcrowner" or "Crowncruiser" for badges for the back of the car.

Twas Bogan city, but it was a great night !!

Cheers

michael B
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CAMRY dedicated thread NEW CAMRY FORUM see inside for link.
Next Topic:could you register a write off from nsw in qld
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:22:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080451965332031 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.