Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
andyroo
Regular

December 2004
MA 61 supra head gasket Mon, 31 October 2005 04:30 Go to next message
hi yeall,

Ive been looking for a supra for a while now, Ive found an 83 with 220 ks. Cheap price, but states the head gasket "needs repairing".Im a little sus, as a blown head gasket seems to be the number one reason for offloading your used car... How much would cost to replace it??

Cheers

also does the 83 have a sunroof?

[Updated on: Mon, 31 October 2005 04:33]

Send a private message to this user    
Enchanter
Regular

July 2005
Re: MA 61 supra head gasket Mon, 31 October 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well my 83 has no sunroof, but that doesn't mean every other 83 wont. Hmmm the delema on how to find out ......

On the head gasket question chances are that if you need to ask then you wont be doing it yourself so will cost quite a bit. However, you may notice that no one who owns one of these sticks with the original engine because they quite simply suck. If you are going for a conversion however you may be on a winner ....

It all comes down to the $ you want to spend to buy the car and what you can do yourself.

I know I haven't answered your questions but they aren't questions that can be answered really.

Cheers
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA 61 supra head gasket Mon, 31 October 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you do get it. Check the tailgate.

Also it could be one of many problems besides a head gasket problem. If so, seek an engine conversion if you can afford it otherwise repair what is wrong with the engine for the short term. It's taken me years to figure out whats wrong with my 5ME. Do the basics and don't go overboard, see how it goes.

My MA61 is a November 1983 car and it doesn't come with a sun roof either.

Cheers.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA 61 supra head gasket Mon, 31 October 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forget about repairing a busted 5M-E. If you want to get going on the cheap, you can pick up a running engine for next to nothing and have it back on the road in a day.

Or even better, buy a 1JZ/2JZ/1UZ and get busy making it into a real car. Very Happy
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: MA 61 supra head gasket Mon, 31 October 2005 13:46 Go to previous message
ZZT231 wrote on Mon, 31 October 2005 21:32

... It's taken me seconds to figure out that what's wrong with my 5ME is that it's crap.

fixed?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Taking glass out.. Ae82...HELP
Next Topic:SR20 into AE71 - engine mounts?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:31:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050840377807617 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.