Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
E-Tax has aids Mon, 31 October 2005 10:32 Go to next message
Anyone use the ETAX online tax pack from the ATO this year?

I have used it for the last couple of years and its great, however this time it is charging me for the medicare levy SURCHARGE, the one for if you earn over $50k which working 2 days a week, I dont. Am I missing something here or does ETAX just hate me, it does the same thing for my wifes also.
  Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: E-Tax has aids Mon, 31 October 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup - i managed to ignore the bit about not includng cents in any interest earned so i accidently said i earned $363 instead of $3.63 in interest. i only noticed this after lodging my form ;-(

are you accidently including your spouses income as your own somehow? (e.g. treating her as a dependant as well as an income earning spouse)

do you have any kind of health insurance that include the medicare levy rebate in the premium?

it is one of the crappiest application interfaces i've encountered (and have been a public servant for >12 years now)

cheers,
Charles.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: E-Tax has aids Mon, 31 October 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tsk Tsk for leaving it til the last day!!! Hope you sort it out...
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: E-Tax has aids Mon, 31 October 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am not including my wifes income or any of the other stuff, I have tried it by just entering my income and tax and doing nothing else, even sayin, not married and it comes up with an extra $380 odd medicare surcharge
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: E-Tax has aids Mon, 31 October 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, now its not letting me lodge it because "Spouses sex code is same as clients"

I click on that and there is no where to say that the wife of a male that is filling in the return is a female lol, this thing is great, think I am just going to pay someone to do it next year.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: E-Tax has aids Mon, 31 October 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a read of this re: medicare levy

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=77316&rid=4164&S=b55d8805e61656d05cc0967 85469ac8a&pl_view=&start=0#msg_726155
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: E-Tax has aids Mon, 31 October 2005 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bastards say i owe them $300 and ive got the same income for 4 years and they've always given me money back Mad

time to bitch slap some tax people and claim it back on tax Cool
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: E-Tax has aids Mon, 31 October 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Mon, 31 October 2005 21:43

yup - i managed to ignore the bit about not includng cents in any interest earned so i accidently said i earned $363 instead of $3.63 in interest. i only noticed this after lodging my form ;-(

are you accidently including your spouses income as your own somehow? (e.g. treating her as a dependant as well as an income earning spouse)

do you have any kind of health insurance that include the medicare levy rebate in the premium?

it is one of the crappiest application interfaces i've encountered (and have been a public servant for >12 years now)

cheers,
Charles.

Did you lodge an ammended assessment to fix the error, pretty simple to do explains it all on the ATO website.
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: E-Tax has aids Mon, 31 October 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think there's a glitch in the Medicare thing. I went back and redid it a few times specifying all the options that excluded me and it still told me to enter data about something-or-other. Eventually I worked it out, and it didn't charge me anything.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: E-Tax has aids Tue, 01 November 2005 04:00 Go to previous message
Just go see a tax agent. I got $5300 back this year Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:In british news....
Next Topic:Green Screen Material
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-