Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
day light savings storys Sat, 29 October 2005 07:48 Go to next message
because its day light savings this weekend i was remembering all the times people aroud me or me stuffed up with the time

*when i was a kid my mum dropped me off at scoccer and noone was there (8am game start) but it was 7am when we finshed dad asked why we took 3 hours to finish our game.

*When I worked at woolworths a guy I worked with put his clock back instead of forward and turned up 2 hours late for work.

Has anyone got any funny stories and remember to put your clocks forward tonight.
  Send a private message to this user    
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: day light savings storys Sat, 29 October 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I came to work 1 hour early one year after forgetting to change my clock. I got laughed at Laughing Laughing Laughing Mad Mad Mad . I left went home and walked the dog. Came back an hour later.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: day light savings storys Sat, 29 October 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i worked nightfill one night in a different store (woolies) and did a shift that afternoon at my store with a 10 hr break. now casue i wanst signing by the finger scanner i was writing in the book when i started it was 10 and when i finished it was 5am (daylight savings time) but i had done a 9 hr shift. anyway i wrote 6am by accident and went into work at 3pm daylight savings time for my afternoon shift. cash office lady said becasue i hadnt had a 10 hr break according to the books she had to pay me double time for both my 8 hour shifts hehehe but they werent happy with me but who cares hahahaha
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: day light savings storys Sat, 29 October 2005 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Sat, 29 October 2005 18:19

well i worked nightfill...

You need to learn how to write stories. That was terrable!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: day light savings storys Sun, 30 October 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Sun, 30 October 2005 03:44

domasik wrote on Sat, 29 October 2005 18:19

well i worked nightfill...

You need to learn how to write stories. That was terrable!

terrible.

Wink
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: day light savings storys Sun, 30 October 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://norcal3.com/owned/JustinOwned.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 30 October 2005 03:29]

xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: day light savings storys Sun, 30 October 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sun, 30 October 2005 14:27

http://norcal3.com/owned/JustinOwned.jpg

what does that have to do with daylight saving? lol
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: day light savings storys Sun, 30 October 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I was a kid, I used to start a paper run at about 5am. I forgot about daylight savings and ended up turning up at 4am.
A mate of mine lived not to far from work and used his family used to foster a heap of kids and hence his old man was usually up as soon as one would wake up, which was at ungodly hours.
So I decided to ride the pushy over and drop in if the lights were on. They were so I took the opportunity to make a grand entrance to my mates room at 4am. Similar to a Bam Margera wake up, it was a classic! he didn't think so though Wink
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: day light savings storys Sun, 30 October 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Sun, 30 October 2005 15:18

old_mr2 wrote on Sun, 30 October 2005 14:27

what does that have to do with daylight saving? lol

Oh, shraka got owned, but im pretty sure he was taking the piss
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: day light savings storys Sun, 30 October 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This one time, i thought it was 5 o clock, but then it was 6 o clock, i lost my legs that day in nam.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: day light savings storys Sun, 30 October 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sat, 29 October 2005 18:15

I came to work 1 hour early one year after forgetting to change my clock. I got laughed at Laughing Laughing Laughing Mad Mad Mad . I left went home and walked the dog. Came back an hour later.

hehe Surprised .
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: day light savings storys Sun, 30 October 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no i think i got owned. i forgot to put my clocks back last nite woke up this moring at 7am (really 8am - when i was supposed to be at work) it wasnt until i was eating my breaky and cruising the forums i saw this thread and looked at the time on the computer and went oh fuck hahah oh well an hour late i left work an hour early in the end too weeee holidays now Very Happy
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: day light savings storys Mon, 31 October 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not so much a story.........but I like daylight savings as the extra hour of sunshine really helps get my clothes dry out on the line.

The extra hour of sunshine does however increase the sun damage to your car if it's parked outside, which is a prick.

The other nasty problem is the extra hour of sunlight helps the grass grow more so it means you need to mow it more regularly.

Razz

jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: day light savings storys Mon, 31 October 2005 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well this one time i......wait a second?......i live in W.A. and we don't have daylight saving....

Suckers Very Happy Razz Cool
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: day light savings storys Mon, 31 October 2005 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Mon, 31 October 2005 17:26

Not so much a story.........but I like daylight savings as the extra hour of sunshine really helps get my clothes dry out on the line.

The extra hour of sunshine does however increase the sun damage to your car if it's parked outside, which is a prick.

The other nasty problem is the extra hour of sunlight helps the grass grow more so it means you need to mow it more regularly.

Razz

haha where are you getting this "extra hour" day light savings doesnt add an extra hour of daylight it jsut moves the light forward. the angle of the earth in relation to the sun how ever does have a drastic effect on the length of daylight during summer and if you had written that i wouldnt be here Razz Razz

EDIT: Razz IS THAT BETTER? Razz Razz Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 31 October 2005 22:19]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: day light savings storys Mon, 31 October 2005 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dom note the Razz smiley at the end he was taking the piss. The sad thing is Peter Beattie actually recited these as a couple of reasons he wouldn't introduce Daylight savings in QLD.

And yet they wonder why we think they're dumb. Rolling Eyes
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: day light savings storys Mon, 31 October 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe he was also taking the piss.
the closer you get to the equator the less seasonal change there is in the number of daylight hours, so there is less reason to have daylight savings.
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: day light savings storys Wed, 02 November 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was late for work on sunday Rolling Eyes

I was sitting at home at bout 11:20 ready, waiting for the time to pass til it ws time to go, then my dad came back home from walking the dog:
Dad: aren't you working today?
Me: yea I start at 12
Dad: well your 20 minutes late, you idiot
Me: WTF!! run out the door, jump in my car

When i got to work the manager cracked up laughing and said she was going to ring me at 12:30 and tell me to come in at 1 instead 'cos she had a feeling I had forgoten to turn the clock forwards...

stupid time Rolling Eyes
Azn Drifter
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: day light savings storys Fri, 04 November 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 05:01

well this one time i......wait a second?......i live in W.A. and we don't have daylight saving....

ha ha i live in W.A too
great to not have daylight saving Very Happy
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: day light savings storys Fri, 04 November 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azn Drifter wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 23:56

ha ha i live in W.A too

you only have to deal with being stuck in 1985 ! Razz

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: day light savings storys Fri, 04 November 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we're very advanced technomologically.

Its great, pity all the toymodders are on the arse end of the country, kinda sucks teh big un.

i like living here...

WEST SIDE KEEPIN' IT REAL

Eldar.O.
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: day light savings storys Sun, 06 November 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 09:11

The sad thing is Peter Beattie actually recited these as a couple of reasons he wouldn't introduce Daylight savings in QLD.

And yet they wonder why we think they're dumb. Rolling Eyes

I feel sorry for the dumb sods that voted for him cause the guy is a cut price wekanr.

Anywho's, back in my time when i was doing primary school down in vic-land i'd have to go to school in the dark, half the class would fall asleep, get home and think it was great cause i had hours apon hours of daylight to go fcuk arsing about only to be told that it was bed time Mad

I still think it's a waste of time. Maybe if the whole country did it at the same time instead of victoria then nsw then tassie and south oz or is it the other way around
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: day light savings storys Mon, 07 November 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Sat, 05 November 2005 01:22

Azn Drifter wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 23:56

ha ha i live in W.A too

you only have to deal with being stuck in 1985 ! Razz

2 heads? Wink
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: day light savings storys Mon, 07 November 2005 01:53 Go to previous message
Quote:

you only have to deal with being stuck in 1985 !

I didn't believe time travel was possible until I caught the VirginBlue time travel machine a bit over a week ago to Hobart and arrived in 1993 I stayed in Hobart (1993) for a few days before returning to the mainland via the VirginBlue time travel machine and arrived safely back in 2005.

For a true time travel experience I highly recommend a trip to Tassie Laughing You will arrive somewhere bewteen 1993 and 1995 Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:okay hot deals on ke's
Next Topic:Taliban dating site - wow!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:51:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055739879608154 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.