Toymods » Tech & Conversions » cheap arse 1jz manual conversion-w5x

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86slideways
Regular

April 2004
cheap arse 1jz manual conversion-w5x Sat, 29 October 2005 23:32 Go to next message
Hi folks
done lots of searching and the setups for the manual 1jz kit look to be....na 2jz bellhousing and flywheel etc,but seem hard to find cheap Rolling Eyes ..derrrr.
im wondering who has had success with adapting a flywheel fom a 1g or 3sg etc
ive got access to a machine shop and can get the flywheels balanced and re drilled as needed.
also has anyone cut up a 1jz auto bellhousing and frankensteined it to a w58 housing or made up an adaptor plate?

ive got a 1jzgte on the way to drop in my gz-10,and it has the flex plate still on so i can use this for dimensions,but im not sure of the best flywheel to adapt as far as ring gear size and crank flange mounting.

p.s if the bellhousing cut and shut works i could get a few made up at one time pretty cheap.same with the flywheels.

thanks for looking Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: cheap arse 1jz manual conversion-w5x Sun, 30 October 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
search for 2jzge flywheel on here.

Im sure Ed_ma61 said that the 7mge fywheel is of similar dimensions but the bolt spacing is diferent for the crank.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: cheap arse 1jz manual conversion-w5x Sun, 30 October 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed has my 2JZ flywheel up there. Get his machinist to machine up a chromemoly flywheel for you.
ae86slideways
Regular

April 2004
Re: cheap arse 1jz manual conversion-w5x Sun, 30 October 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good,but how much would a new flywheel cost?.i think it would be cheaper to have a 7mg flywheel re drilled wouldnt it? would the 1g flywheel be the same dimensions? Smile thanks for the info
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: cheap arse 1jz manual conversion-w5x Sun, 30 October 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Redrilling a flywheel = bad news. Either get a proper JZ flywheel or have a custom one fabricated.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: cheap arse 1jz manual conversion-w5x Sun, 30 October 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can buy a JZ-W58 bellhousing new from Toyota for $450 trade. Why bother with all the fucking around?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: cheap arse 1jz manual conversion-w5x Sun, 30 October 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Sun, 30 October 2005 21:04

You can buy a JZ-W58 bellhousing new from Toyota for $450 trade. Why bother with all the fucking around?

Very Happy
if only all spare parts were so reasonable .....
petespipes
Regular

July 2005
Re: cheap arse 1jz manual conversion-w5x Sun, 30 October 2005 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
plenty of fidanza flywheels on ebay.
ae86slideways
Regular

April 2004
Re: cheap arse 1jz manual conversion-w5x Mon, 31 October 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know its mucking around a bit,but by the time you buy $450 bellhousing and $??? flywheel its up around a grand nearly,but if i can adapt other stuff or make adaptor plates etc its cheaper and will save cash for an eventual r154 box Smile
ae86slideways
Regular

April 2004
Re: cheap arse 1jz manual conversion-w5x Mon, 31 October 2005 22:57 Go to previous message
anyone local make cheap flywheels? i mean under $350? or can you source second hand 2jzge ones for less?
i work at an exedy clutch dealer so i can get new stuff fairly cheap,but its still a bit of overkill for a street driven motor as i would be spending double the motors cost on the driveline Crying or Very Sad
oh the shame of my tight arse ways!
i might have to sell off a few parts to fund a flywheel i spose.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1GGTE Head Studs
Next Topic:Taking glass out.. Ae82...HELP
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 15:44:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048050880432129 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.