Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tim123c
Regular

May 2003
custom intake on 4agze Tue, 01 November 2005 01:59 Go to next message
I was wondering if there would be much point adding a custom made intake plenum with bigger throttle body to a bigport TURBO 4agze running Air flow meter and E-manage piggyback computer?
I am in the process of building a 4agte and deciding to use this idea or the 86kw manifold.
Thanks guys
  Send a private message to this user    
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: custom intake on 4agze Tue, 01 November 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in the process of making a custom plenium for my GZE and i will be running an SC14, trying to be alittle different, i'm using an XF throtel body too, in my opinion it comes down to how much you have to spend and the result you want, tried and tested the RWD manifold fron the N/a motor works, and pretty well. but if you can only find one at a stupid price then maybe a custom setup would be better? food for thought, plus my 2c
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: custom intake on 4agze Tue, 01 November 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depending on how much power you want to make i pretty sure the stock 86kw plenum with t-vis removed is good for atleast 170kw atw
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: custom intake on 4agze Tue, 01 November 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey timmy you know where i stand on this matter Cool
myne
Regular

October 2005
Re: custom intake on 4agze Wed, 02 November 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So am I right in thinking the stock 4age manifolds will fit, and work well on an FWD gze setup? Is there much to it, or is it effectively bolt on?
Is it a significant improvement on the stocker, or would it be easier to just get one of the custom jobs?
I'm not after massive power (yet) but eventually I'd like to have a crack at improving it.
tim123c
Regular

May 2003
Re: custom intake on 4agze Wed, 02 November 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers.
I think i might stick with the 86kw manifold.
I have a good price for a custom one, but i think my money is better put to other things..
Tim
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: custom intake on 4agze Wed, 02 November 2005 06:48 Go to previous message
myne wrote on Wed, 02 November 2005 14:53

So am I right in thinking the stock 4age manifolds will fit, and work well on an FWD gze setup? Is there much to it, or is it effectively bolt on?
Is it a significant improvement on the stocker, or would it be easier to just get one of the custom jobs?
I'm not after massive power (yet) but eventually I'd like to have a crack at improving it.

are you talking about using a 4age inlet manifold on a 4gaze or on a 4agte. if its on a gze it wont fit on a gte it will as the s/c wont be in the way
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Strange soarer happenings
Next Topic:1G-FE 2000cc 24v -For all related info on This Engine .
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 14:06:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0090219974517822 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.