Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TruenoGTAPEX
Regular

July 2002

MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Mon, 31 October 2005 16:55 Go to next message
More or less an expressions of interest post in the hope that someone goes 'yes im waving cash at you' to sway me into selling before ive even had a chance to play with the beast Wink

http://www.firesport.com/cars/whitemr2/1.jpg

http://www.firesport.com/cars/whitemr2/2.jpg

A certain persons going to kill me if she sees this post as they really want the car, but i could do with the cash at the moment. Kind over extended the budget on a lot of things Sad

SW20 MR2 GT Turbo

Freshly imported, has 105,000kms. Unsure of service history prior to my purchase. Engine runs beautifully, no smoke or weird noises or anything like that. Drives well, no crunchy gears, clutch holds fine, PS and ABS all working perfectly.

Was planning on keeping for myself, but I have a bit of a ‘too many cars and not enough cash to go around’ problem going on at the moment Sad

So unfortunately somethings got to go, and if someone has the right amount of cash to give me on this nice little vehicle it might just have to disappear Sad

Heres the specs

3SGTE 2.0 EFI Turbo
ABS
Power steering
Power windows
5 Speed
Full aftermarket exhaust system, stainless muffler/4" tip
HKS Pod Filter
Front and rear strut braces
Leather steering wheel
Aftermarket Gearknob
GAB Racing Rims
Falken Tyres (roadworthy)
Kei Office front bar
Autopista rear bar
Nice sideskirts (car looks pretty tuff with this kit)
Aftermarket Billstein shockers
Aftermarket Tein progressive rate springs (sits nice and low)

Needs some attention on front bar (cracked section, paint is pretty poor on bar)

Like i said, the car runs smooth-as, and just needs a bit of exterior TLC to bring it up to show quality.

I think with a set of 18s, a bit of a paint cleanup, a nice stereo and other such bits it would be a real show car, and easily get into magazines..

Interested parties should EMAIL ME and not PM as i very rarely sign is (i never remember my password and i use different computers all the time. DO NOT PM ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE!)

my email address is mark@firesport.com or melbccr@iprimus.com.au

Car is currently uncomplied and unregistered, but i can supply compliance for an additional $1000 or so (depending on whether anything needs to be replaced).

Asking price $11500 uncomplied, or $12500 complied.

Its a pretty sweet looking mr2 that drives well and only needs a bit of attention to get back to a seriously nice standard.

[Updated on: Mon, 31 October 2005 16:56]

Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Mon, 31 October 2005 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hot mama!
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Mon, 31 October 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dammit man, id so have this!
any1 wana take my gt4 off my hands and ill buy this!

raaf86
Regular

June 2005
Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Tue, 01 November 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did this modle car came with a 3sgte or did u do the engine convertion?
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Tue, 01 November 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought you couldnt comply these?? So is it in the country yet??
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Tue, 01 November 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im with koffee-black, i didnt think they could be complied
Chum
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Tue, 01 November 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd buy it if u were in sydney...
boing
Regular

October 2004
Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Tue, 01 November 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was import approval already applied for?
opiate
Regular

June 2003
Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Tue, 01 November 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm abstaining from purchasing a car til january ... but i'll be looking at something like this

if you've got in january i'll be keen.
ekinseca
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Tue, 01 November 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im after a GT4 ill buy it Very Happy pics ? to reminise_one_time@hotmail
if serious.

plus im very interested in this mr2 hot stuff ill give u 11,500 cash now!!! pm or email me cheers.
TruenoGTAPEX
Regular

July 2002

Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Tue, 01 November 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car is a factory 3sgte.

i bought this from japan a LONG time ago before the 15yo rule change and i sat on it for quite some time until the import approval went through. As i understand i was pretty much the last person to have an import approval granted for one of these.

yes the IA is 100% legit and the car CAN be complied - that is a certainty, so theres no concerns there.

i bought it before the laws changed and had to wait for ages for it to hit the country.
So YES the car is currently in MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA.

A i said, if i could spare the cash id be buying some 18in work wheels, i already have a spare stereo sitting here to chuck in it, the front bar and some parts of the car need some paint attention (but the body is perfectly straight), needs to have the boost upped, a few guages, and all that stuff and it would be an instant magazine contender Wink

That was the plan but yeh, cash is a little tight, and i have to get my supra back on the road.

jaemus
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Tue, 01 November 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as far as im aware, if import approval was already applied for under the now defunct 15 year rule, it is still valid to this day. no new import approvals will be issued.
TruenoGTAPEX
Regular

July 2002

Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Tue, 01 November 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is correct.

If the car could not have been complied the car would be stuck on a dock somewhere, and not have passed customs/quarantine.

I have already paid all shipping, customs, quarantine and agent fees for the car and all thats left is engineering and registration.

KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Tue, 01 November 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty interested, but just a bit wary about the whole process, maybe once its landed and complied, id be even more int.
TruenoGTAPEX
Regular

July 2002

Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Tue, 01 November 2005 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude the car IS landed.

re-read my previous post (the capitals part):
Quote:

yes the IA is 100% legit and the car CAN be complied - that is a certainty, so theres no concerns there.

i bought it before the laws changed and had to wait for ages for it to hit the country.
So YES the car is currently in MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA.

its sitting in my driveway.

im just a bit short on cash atm, thus i havent complied it yet until i know whether its getting sold. if i find a definate buyer id fork out for compliance, otherwise id just wait until i have enough to comply it in my own time.

my prefered method would be to take someones deposit on the vehicle and have it complied and registered straight into their name.

i have a heap of pics of the car sitting in my driveway next to my other cars Wink

heres one attached to demonstrate.. white mr2 parked next to my red 180sx (which id also probably be willing to sell for the right price lol).

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=16192

Attachment: mr180_1.jpg
(Size: 73.53KB, Downloaded 604 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 01 November 2005 17:53]

KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Wed, 02 November 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh cool, im def interested. Got any int shots?
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Wed, 02 November 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mm is that nsw plates i see on the 180 Confused
Twincam
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Wed, 02 November 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you can have this complied for me... you may have a definite buyer... as long as nothing is screwed up...

btw... how many fukn cars do you own???
TruenoGTAPEX
Regular

July 2002

Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Wed, 02 November 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
compliance is not an issue. i was going to have it complied this week, however with a uni exam and other committments as well as a lack of cash i have decided to put it off. perhaps next week.

yes the 180sx has nsw plates on it. pics taken in melb though only 2 weeks ago or so.

mr2 has a vicroads temporary permit which is valid for another week, so a sale prior to that running out would be good so i can drop the car off at compliance and so forth.

I can understand peoples concerns, but compliance of the vehicle's absolutely no problem, again the Import Approval and importation of the vehicle was totally legitimate, but dont expect to see any more SW20s imported into the country due to the 15yo law change. This was probably the LAST.

As for how may cars i have, i got a few to keep me amused.

KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Wed, 02 November 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, beuing in sydney, is it going to be a bitch to get it registered here? As a friend bought a an NSX from Melb, which was a personal import, and he couldnt get it registered here, so had to register it under a friends name, that lives in vic.
TruenoGTAPEX
Regular

July 2002

Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Wed, 02 November 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interior pic:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=16195

(needs a good cleanup)

and another pic showing it with cars with VIC plates int he background (if you look hard - taken with a mobile phone though)

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=16196

Attachment: intsmall.jpg
(Size: 81.35KB, Downloaded 502 time(s))
Attachment: whitemroz1a.jpg
(Size: 51.29KB, Downloaded 496 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 02 November 2005 03:54]

TruenoGTAPEX
Regular

July 2002

Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Wed, 02 November 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is NOT a personal import. it is a 15yo import.

I dont know a thing about personal import laws.

But an interstate buyer would be probably best to have it enjgineered and registered in their state. Just call up your local RTA and find out what the easiest procedure for buying, complying and registering a vehicle that was freshly imported, into a different state.

I THINK different states have different approved engineers, so it might be easiest just to engineer (15yo comply) it in your state and then get it registered.

As the vehicles basically stock i dont foresee it to be any real hassle.

TruenoGTAPEX
Regular

July 2002

Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Wed, 02 November 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btw someone asked about the gearbox condition.

synchros are perfect and the box makes no crunching or other wierd noises. almost a rare thing for a turbo mr2.

TruenoGTAPEX
Regular

July 2002

Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Mon, 14 November 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SOLD, to a fellow toymodder Smile

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Tue, 15 November 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome!
Mijbril
Regular

April 2003
Re: MR2GT, Turbo SW20, white with kit etc Tue, 15 November 2005 12:36 Go to previous message
TruenoGTAPEX wrote on Wed, 02 November 2005 14:32

compliance is not an issue. i was going to have it complied this week, however with a uni exam and other committments as well as a lack of cash i have decided to put it off. perhaps next week.

yes the 180sx has nsw plates on it. pics taken in melb though only 2 weeks ago or so.

mr2 has a vicroads temporary permit which is valid for another week, so a sale prior to that running out would be good so i can drop the car off at compliance and so forth.

I can understand peoples concerns, but compliance of the vehicle's absolutely no problem, again the Import Approval and importation of the vehicle was totally legitimate, but dont expect to see any more SW20s imported into the country due to the 15yo law change. This was probably the LAST.

As for how may cars i have, i got a few to keep me amused.

Can't be that hard, I just had approval granted to import my MR2 from the UK (under the 15 year rule though I think it also qualifies a personal import). It's a G-Limited, T-Bar, SW20 (granted it's a non-Turbo though) & as such, my GT-4 will soon be for sale when I get back.

The GT-4 has been sitting in a garage for 2 years with just the odd run around the block.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 November 2005 12:39]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: 4 CARS incl. FREE - BLUEBIRD paddy basher !! running well........
Next Topic:20Valve AE82 Seca CSX - FOR SALE Damaged front - $2900neg
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:18:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076611042022705 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.