Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » WTB: Unmodified KE20-70 or TA Celica

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mrselfdestruct
Occasional Poster

November 2005
WTB: Unmodified KE20-70 or TA Celica Tue, 01 November 2005 02:41 Go to next message
Looking for a well conditioned and unmodified Corolla (KE20 to KE55, straight panels, no rust, etc.) or similar TA Celica for first car, preferably coupe.

Budget of up to $2000 and don't want one that has been thrashed.

Not sure if you guys can help me with this but if you can I would really appreciate it, have already looked on autotrader, carsales and carpoint and there isn't anything much around ATM. Laughing

I live in Sydney, will want to inspect before purchase so if you're outside the area I probably won't be able to get out there. Confused

Thanks!
  Send a private message to this user    
mr_unix
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: WTB: Unmodified KE20-70 or TA Celica Tue, 01 November 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check this out:

Toyota Celica 1974 TA22, long reg, fair cond. Also 2nd Celica, plus spare engine/gearbox, $3800, OHI-778, (can separate) BAULKHAM HILLS 0405-14 9047
STATE: NSW FIRST PUBLISHED: 19 Oct 2005
SOURCE: Private Classifieds (Weekly Trading Post (Sydney))

In the trading post.

I already bought one of them and both are pretty good. He had both for $3800 but he'll obviously negotiate on one.

Both have straight bodies but the engines are crap, leaking oil like no tomorrow, very little bog and not much rust, paint jobs are obviously crap.

I'm gonna stick a SR20DET in the one I got, so I wasnt worried about the engine, just wanted a straight body so that I wont have to spend much on restoration.

Cheers,

JW
mrselfdestruct
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: WTB: Unmodified KE20-70 or TA Celica Tue, 01 November 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw these before, I was planning on a swap anyway but I'd would like something that I could drive straight away for a little while.

Might give him a call and have a look though, thanks for the heads up.
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: WTB: Unmodified KE20-70 or TA Celica Tue, 01 November 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-CELICA-TA22-1974_W0Q QitemZ4585386866QQcategoryZ2030QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewIte m
mr_unix
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: WTB: Unmodified KE20-70 or TA Celica Tue, 01 November 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is some pics of the TA22 I got from the bloke.

http://users.airpoint.com.au/~ap_mrunix/ta22_side. jpg
http://users.airpoint.com.au/~ap_mrunix/ta22_front .jpg
http://users.airpoint.com.au/~ap_mrunix/ta22_rear. jpg

Crap quality as its from a camera on my phone.

JW

[Updated on: Tue, 01 November 2005 04:39]

mrselfdestruct
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: WTB: Unmodified KE20-70 or TA Celica Tue, 01 November 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the other car as clean looking as that one Mr Unix? Because that looks like it is in pretty good nick!

The other one looks great too but $1500 for a car with no registration requiring "minor restoration" seems a little steep and Blue Mountains is a bit far away for my liking, there's no way I'll be able to go check it out before tommorow.
mr_unix
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: WTB: Unmodified KE20-70 or TA Celica Tue, 01 November 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paint job is a bit rough on the other one, its green in color, the engine is much better though than the one I bought.
I got the one with a leaky 1.8l, the other one (I think) is a bog stock 1.6l but in much better nick.

If I remember correctly the main reason why I dodnt get the other one is because it had a little more rust in the corners and between the seals. I was more interested in a good body rather than the engine.

I paid $1500 for this one.

JW
mrselfdestruct
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: WTB: Unmodified KE20-70 or TA Celica Tue, 01 November 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edit: Sounds good man will definately at least give that guy a call. Do you think the remaining car would at least run and drive for a little while? Thanks for all your help.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 November 2005 05:17]

hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: WTB: Unmodified KE20-70 or TA Celica Tue, 01 November 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=695061&rid=7470&S=bffe1fb9de4f0487768e 7c68652714dd
i have that if you are interested
mrselfdestruct
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: WTB: Unmodified KE20-70 or TA Celica Tue, 01 November 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car mate but Melbourne is a bit of a hike for me, sorry.
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: WTB: Unmodified KE20-70 or TA Celica Tue, 01 November 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shipping is only 400 very original car when i get rid of this mum will let me get another Evil or Very Mad
mr_unix
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: WTB: Unmodified KE20-70 or TA Celica Tue, 01 November 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrselfdestruct wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 15:53

Edit: Sounds good man will definately at least give that guy a call. Do you think the remaining car would at least run and drive for a little while? Thanks for all your help.

Dunno really. I never took the green one for a test drive, as the one I got caught my eye straight away.

JW
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: WTB: Unmodified KE20-70 or TA Celica Tue, 01 November 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are two for sale local to me, both pretty stock. ones got a webber, comes wif a spare motor, and a spare 5speed manual, also has a new exhaust fitted.

bits of rust that need removing, very visible as they have been stripped bak in the areas. interior in one of them is absolutely perfect, even comes wif a replacement dash. all gauges work 100% auto box it perfect, manual box comes wif clutch and most assembly.

no visible bog has been used. bumpers are 100%. ive only closely inspected one of them. but have been assured the 2nd is equal to or better condition as it was undercover most the time.

the guy said i could take them both, wif all the parts for 2000.
mrselfdestruct
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: WTB: Unmodified KE20-70 or TA Celica Thu, 03 November 2005 10:25 Go to previous message
Went out and had a look at that remaining Celica today. Mechanically it was pretty sound but there was too much wrong with the exterior (bit of bog here and there, rust, paint job) and interior (cracks in dash, bits and bobs all over the place, stains etc.) for me to consider it.

Still looking, I think I would really rather have the Corolla as it would probably be cheaper and easier to get a hold of.

Post in here or PM me if you know of anything that fits my requirements, thanks!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:For sale - 97 JZX100 Chaser Tourer V - cared for and mint
Next Topic:92 Turbo Liberty Wagon (Pics Up)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 21:43:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006248950958252 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.