Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AE82Gunner
Regular

August 2002

AE93 100kw clutch Sun, 30 October 2005 14:27 Go to next message
High guys, just pulling out the gearbox from my ae93 corolla to do the clutch.

I have undone all the bolts connecting engine and gearbox mounts (3) of them, also unbolted the contre crossmember and tried to remove it, but the rear gearbox mount has a bolt which passes through both crossmembers.

Has anyone got a suggestion on how to get the rear gearbox mount out, I have punched out the bolt at the back of the mount. but the one at the front of the mount wont come out. Anyone got a suggestion, i've already tried jacking the engine and gearbox up/down to different heights. Would love any help anyone could offer.

Thanks again.
  Send a private message to this user    
bloody_huge23
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE93 100kw clutch Mon, 31 October 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry i have no advice but when my brother changed his box in his AE93 that was the hardest thing to get out. i rememeber watching him and he spent all day just getting that fker out. Through out the day punched holes in fibre and smash tools across the yard...Laughing
AE82Gunner
Regular

August 2002

Re: AE93 100kw clutch Mon, 31 October 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yo guys, we moving to the new forums !!

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?p=407 6#post4076
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AE93 100kw clutch Mon, 31 October 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if your moving to the new forums and my membership hasnt been ok'ed yet{still fucking waiting for someone to pull there finger out}you have missed the easy way to do your clutch change!
mick
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: AE93 100kw clutch Mon, 31 October 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick y dont u just fill out the application so it looks believabke, like use ur ex's address and details so if it gets hacked its someone u dont like anyway Razz
they cant reject u if all the info is believable
if no-one else i will miss ur advice Sad
~andrew~
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AE93 100kw clutch Mon, 31 October 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks buddy! but i hardly think i can be classed as a newby so as soon as they saw my handle and email address it should have been a no brainer who the hell it is trying to register.i have done it twice so unitl its rectified im with the old till it is all over!
thanks andrew
mick
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: AE93 100kw clutch Tue, 01 November 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had to unbolt the LHS of the crossmember and pry the LHS downwards to get enough clearance to push that mount out. You'll also need to make sure the centre and crossmember holes are lined up pretty straight so the bolt(s) doesn't get stuck. Hope that helps..not sure if it made sense Razz

-paul

PS
this is assuming you have the front of the centre member unbolted and dangling on its lonesome.

pps
oops just read the rest of the thread on the new forums Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 01 November 2005 02:30]

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: AE93 100kw clutch Tue, 01 November 2005 09:46 Go to previous message
bye.
mick
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:external wastegate. what goes where?
Next Topic:20 v blacktop timing&plugs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:49:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042960643768311 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.