Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1G-FE 2000cc 24v -For all related info on This Engine .

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
osix
Regular

October 2005

1G-FE 2000cc 24v -For all related info on This Engine . Tue, 01 November 2005 21:08 Go to next message

I am hoping this willhelp me and at the same time sharing t he Info on This toyota 1G-FE engine .

Here is what i know .

1G-FE - produce in 1988

i would like to know
OME parts data ,
what Gearbox go with this engine
related site with 1G-FE data

what kinda oil filiter can it use ?
all this performance parts this engine can use

what Timing belt ?
how to tune this engine ect ect .

Thanks you .
hope someone can start rolling this info Smile so eberyone can share the data

OSIX
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G-FE 2000cc 24v -For all related info on This Engine . Tue, 01 November 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seriously dude, to be honest, unless you're playing around with a late model vvti 1GFE, which you don't, I wouldn't bother with it. It's not a performance engine, the amount of performance parts for it will be slim to none, and in the end you'd be struggling to match the output of a 1GGE, let alone a 1GGTE.

If you REALLY want to know though, I'd assume the oil filter is the same as a V6 Camry, timing belt will come from Toyota.

The only gearbox I've seen behind a 1G is the W55/57/58 range. That said, if I remember correctly your pic in the other thread had a T50. Other than that, it can also come with an A340E, although I've not seen the auto NA versions.

As for OEM parts, as the engine was never released outside of Japan, most national parts catalogs have SFA for any 1G, your best bet is to download the Toyota EPC floating around on the internet and look from there.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G-FE 2000cc 24v -For all related info on This Engine . Wed, 02 November 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd second that notion. Don't be wasting your time on that engine. Seriously, so much can be had for so little work with something that's much more powerful and reasonably priced.
osix
Regular

October 2005

Re: 1G-FE 2000cc 24v -For all related info on This Engine . Wed, 02 November 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My celica Ta22 come with the Engine .

that is why i am looking high low of rthe info .

i don't think i will be doing a engine swap - cos i have no intention to use my car for racing .

why am i asking for performance parts then .
Smile i just want to know . and also maybe upgarde part for more performance and smoother ride ect ect .
i believe that if you drive 100km/hour - make sure you can can handle 150km/hour . so when yuo need the extra boost the car can perform when needed .

Wink

i will try to find the oil filter - to make a replacment .

any idea - by having a T50 gearbox is there any safey risk ?
or thing i need to look out for when using with the 1G-Fe engine .

osix
thanks for the advice so far .
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G-FE 2000cc 24v -For all related info on This Engine . Wed, 02 November 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't drive like a tool and the T50 should be alright.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G-FE 2000cc 24v -For all related info on This Engine . Wed, 02 November 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank, it looks like you've put far too much effort into the thoughts on this one as it is. Wink
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G-FE 2000cc 24v -For all related info on This Engine . Wed, 02 November 2005 06:10 Go to previous message
Haha, I love all 1G's great and small, but even I know a 1GFE isn't worth playing with Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:custom intake on 4agze
Next Topic:Need more lock
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:09:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00478196144104 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.