Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
horner boy
Regular

February 2003
boost gauge Mon, 31 October 2005 11:46 Go to next message
Does anyone know where I can get a boost gauge that will fit in that vent thingy to the left of the coin tray on my ae86?
  Send a private message to this user    
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: boost gauge Mon, 31 October 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a vacuum guage there (came with the car when i got it), u might have to die grind it out a little, but dont do it, its so pointless having a guage there its beyond stupidity, defeats the purpose all together as you will never ever look there. A much better idea is to get one that goes in the air vents on the dash above ur wiper/headlight switches.
horner boy
Regular

February 2003
Re: boost gauge Mon, 31 October 2005 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I only thought to put it there for asthetic reasons.
The only draw back for your idea is that it will reduce air/con flow. thanks mate
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: boost gauge Tue, 01 November 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
horner boy wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 07:42

I only thought to put it there for asthetic reasons.
The only draw back for your idea is that it will reduce air/con flow. thanks mate

so you want a guage to just look good an serve no purpose?
in the vent above the switches is proably the best spot to put it as it is still in your line of sight whilst driving and doesnt stand out to theifs
horner boy
Regular

February 2003
Re: boost gauge Tue, 01 November 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just didn't want it to stand out too much is all. Don't want to have to mount it but I may have to. Or just put it in the vent huh! Confused
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: boost gauge Wed, 02 November 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alright, just seems like a typical little takumi wanting boost guage in position that is not practical and requires taking eyes of raod to look at.
the best spot is one of the vents next to the cluster, it is in a spot where you can glance at it and still keep eyes on road, and depending on the type of guage you use can be made to look almost factory.
horner boy
Regular

February 2003
Re: boost gauge Wed, 02 November 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you just call me a "typical little takumi"? Mad Just considering my options is all. Why don't I just get a monster tacho, shift light and boost gauge and mount them on my dash like a bogan commodore driver? Laughing
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: boost gauge Thu, 03 November 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Asthetically (sp?) down near the coin tray look like this...
http://img37.exs.cx/img37/8665/6jpg0cb.png

This setup lasted all of about a week then they were relocated to the vents where I could see them.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9572/boost7ko.jpg
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: boost gauge Thu, 03 November 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked
horner boy
Regular

February 2003
Re: boost gauge Thu, 03 November 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. What about your air/con?
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: boost gauge Thu, 03 November 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
horner boy wrote on Wed, 02 November 2005 21:25

Did you just call me a "typical little takumi"? Mad

yes yes i did. why mount a guage in a position where it is not practical?
and seeing has lambolica has moved his from near the coin tray to suggested location and says it is better img uessing it is
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: boost gauge Thu, 03 November 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The retention of the use of the vents is pretty much up to user prefrance. Personally I don't have A/C and I usually drive with the window down anyways so vents are pointless in that position for me.

In the future I may well put A/C back in and if that be the case I'll find some suitable slot style vent an install it on the inside of the dash area, so to utilise the same pipe outlets.

or

If I can find a suitable Stalk I would like to relocate the window wiper controls and head light controls to the steering column as most modern cars do. and utilise the current knob locations for more gauges. Due to the hole being much larger than the vent over I was going to have the gauges in the middle of the vent so to speak with the air comming out around them.
However there is alot of custom work involved with this one.
horner boy
Regular

February 2003
Re: boost gauge Fri, 04 November 2005 05:33 Go to previous message
Cheers mate.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:is this a good 4agte manifold?
Next Topic:RA23 Intercooler
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:38:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062000751495361 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.