Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » rusty relic pay up to 3[nissan 240z]

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
petespipes
Regular

July 2005
rusty relic pay up to 3[nissan 240z] Fri, 09 September 2005 16:00 Go to next message
Hi,yeah a 240Z is what Im craving,rusty is OK within reason.must be straight.crap paint is OK.driveline is of no concern.Can pick up.cash paid to $3000 depending on how it looks.call pete in brisbane on 07 38071483 or ewmail,pm etc.cheers.pete.

[Updated on: Sun, 30 October 2005 15:22]

Send a private message to this user    
petespipes
Regular

July 2005
Re: Z car wanted-seen one? [nissan 240z] Tue, 25 October 2005 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have one? excellent! pick up no charge,wonderful! fully fitted out and cant use it as its way too fast and you lost your licence? Oh no sorry-I am looking for a slow one.Thanks anyway!

AS IF! BUMP. Evil or Very Mad
Gimpy
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Z car wanted-seen one? [nissan 240z] Wed, 26 October 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GL finding one that cheap, they're rare as rockinghorse shit
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: Z car wanted-seen one? [nissan 240z] Wed, 26 October 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, good luck hunting down the Z. It's a good looking car.......
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Z car wanted-seen one? [nissan 240z] Wed, 26 October 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
260z u may have some luck 240z? Noooooooooo
My friend is same as you and went on a Z hunt, rusted and shitty 240z with some problems were like around 5G...
chris_85
Regular

August 2005
Re: Z car wanted-seen one? [nissan 240z] Wed, 26 October 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
may mate picked one up 4 8g a couple years back. imaculate and resprayed gun metal grey with centrelines. fuckin bargain. no way in hell he'll ever sell it though
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Z car wanted-seen one? [nissan 240z] Wed, 26 October 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh dont loose hope thought, keep thoroughly looking and a bit of patience, they beautiful cars... My friend ended up with a 260 with a 280 engine for 8G I think.

petespipes
Regular

July 2005
Re: Z car wanted-seen one? [nissan 240z] Wed, 26 October 2005 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn! who let the cat outta the bag! was it that bloody zoom mag back when he sold the 1J beasty to some punter in england.......Or was it that 4.5 litre Nissan twin turbo featured all over?
Anyway gotta love the sexy curves,hope to fing a rustbucket here or there.Wont be counting on any help from you guys!

Cheers. Very Happy
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Z car wanted-seen one? [nissan 240z] Wed, 26 October 2005 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe nuh Z's have been classed as cult classics for ages, even a tuning company in Japan, forget which one, has a 240 as its star showroom car.
They been expensive and rare, just gettin more expensive and more rare....
I got a friend who is a pure Z freak if you want to ge tin contact with him and pick his brain.... he can tell you anythign and everything (almost to the point of making me sick of them lol)
petespipes
Regular

July 2005
Re: Z car wanted-seen one? [nissan 240z] Thu, 27 October 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah sure,pls pm me his email address.thankyou.
chris_85
Regular

August 2005
Re: Z car wanted-seen one? [nissan 240z] Fri, 28 October 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude, there is a 240z for sale in SA in this weeks Tradingpost, $7500. check out tradingpost.com
petespipes
Regular

July 2005
Re: Z car wanted-seen one? [nissan 240z] Fri, 28 October 2005 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Chris,much appreciated.Anyone else even slightly attracted to this particular thing is thanking you also.If you ever want to let a person know anything which you DONT want to forecast to the entire WORLD you can PM them.
Dont mean to be hard on you maTE.Its not important this time but you may be trying to assist a friend find a really difficulrt part or something and really,a general announcement simply will not help.All the best.pete. Smile
chris_85
Regular

August 2005
Re: Z car wanted-seen one? [nissan 240z] Fri, 28 October 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the trading post isnt exactly a best kept secret, im sure anyone looking for a Z would've already thought of doing a australia wide search on some kinda search engine. so i dont think i exactly let the cat out of the bag, especially since we're on a toyota forum. I guess the thousands of south australians that may've already seen that add wouldn't have been interested anyway.

cheers, chris
chris_85
Regular

August 2005
Re: Z car wanted-seen one? [nissan 240z] Fri, 28 October 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btw. dunno if u can do it on these boards, but doesnt the person who started the thread normally have the ability to delete posts?
petespipes
Regular

July 2005
Re: Z car wanted-seen one? [nissan 240z] Sat, 29 October 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saorry for that comment Chris,of course you are right.I had just got home from a end of week party and didnt have my head together.must remember not to post in that condition.cheers.pete.

[Updated on: Sat, 29 October 2005 02:08]

andurils_sheath
Regular

December 2004
Re: Z car wanted-seen one? [nissan 240z] Sat, 29 October 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My ex's dad had some tight Z's, created a bit of a soft spot for them because of him.

Had a pretty much original 260z, one of the nicest to original spec restorations id ever seen. Still had the l26. Twas tight.

And a 240z with an l28, he rallied that in some rally comp not sure what one. Went alright if you ask me.

Dont think he'll sell either though. Unfortunate.

Cheers
petespipes
Regular

July 2005
Re: Z car wanted-seen one? [nissan 240z] Sun, 30 October 2005 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well reality bites,offer is now a more realistic 3k for something trhat appeals to my eye [straight 72 etc] as i said i can be open minded about rust.pls email.cheers.pete. Smile
rb20det
Regular

July 2004
Re: rusty relic pay up to 3[nissan 240z] Mon, 31 October 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good luck finding any z car for less than 3k. my brother sold his 240z about a month ago for $27000 to some guy in japan. it was straight as running a rb26dett.
decent 260z 2 seater = $4500 - 6000
decent 260z 2 seater = $7000 - 10000
240z rusty $5000 - ? watever someone is willing to pay

you could get a bargain if you find someone with one who doesnt know what its worth. but then you have to be the first one to find it
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: rusty relic pay up to 3[nissan 240z] Mon, 31 October 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=85224&start=0&rid=4118&S=28551d579ef f5f7afeded7e2f84f7017 long shot it's in NSW a fair bit dearer than what you want and a 260z but thought i'd throw it in anyway. Wink
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: rusty relic pay up to 3[nissan 240z] Mon, 31 October 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate probs wants sell his, its in good nick bit rust, all straight panels, gold colour, auto
ill c wat he wants sell for, prob 3 or 4 k
petespipes
Regular

July 2005
Re: rusty relic pay up to 3[nissan 240z] Mon, 31 October 2005 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for your input people,some pm,s sent.there are definitely oportunities around as always.
rb20det-its always great to hear of a car being sold back to japan! How was that organised? Did your brother advertise it on ebay? any pics?
rarararara
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: rusty relic pay up to 3[nissan 240z] Mon, 31 October 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck trying to find someone selling a 240z for 3k. I own a 240z (rb25v-tec, 5-speed). By my own admission it needs a full resto and i still wouldnt sell it, only cos i know what it will be worth 5 years down the track (turn it back to original series block). I know of an acquaintance that paid $2500 for a rusty shell. He was kicking and screaming and didnt want to pay that much but knew his chances of finding a 240z to begin with were pretty remote. There is an older gentleman here in SA that i know of that owns a emerald green 240z with matching numbers and 65000 original miles on the clock. There was a half page write up on his car in the local paper (sunday mail) about 5 months ago. He's already knocked back 65k from punters in japan. He says he is keeping it as his superannuation fund. Absolutely crazy if you ask me. Again, good luck with your hunt.
petespipes
Regular

July 2005
Re: rusty relic pay up to 3[nissan 240z] Tue, 01 November 2005 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have just missed one that went to the crusher from salisbury wrecking [260z] juat another car to those guys.$40 a tonne.What are they worth? Smile
rarararara
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: rusty relic pay up to 3[nissan 240z] Tue, 01 November 2005 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Twelve months ago i bought a 260z for $500. running and pretty straight. Bargain back then. But now things are a little different as the real estate market has cooled off and the stock market is also in decline, so ppl are looking for other investment opportunities and slowly heading back towards classic cars as a form of investment. Its a sypply and demand thing and there are not alot of oldschool zeds left out there, hence the price goes up as supply is low. If ur patient then occasionally there are still some good bargains to be had. My personal opinion is if you can pick up a 260z (resto job) for under $1200 then you have yourself a good deal. Just my two cents though.
sleepermx83
Regular

November 2004
Re: rusty relic pay up to 3[nissan 240z] Tue, 01 November 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not interested in an old school
300zx with 11 months rego are you??
rarararara
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: rusty relic pay up to 3[nissan 240z] Tue, 01 November 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish. I stripped that 260, took the parts i needed for my 240z (motor). From what i understand, that 260z is now a show-car (ocean blue) with a full-house rb20det sitting in between the mounts. Very sexy indeed.
petespipes
Regular

July 2005
Re: rusty relic pay up to 3[nissan 240z] Wed, 02 November 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No thanks sleeper Smile
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: rusty relic pay up to 3[nissan 240z] Wed, 02 November 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually no where there's a brown shit colour 260z that is shit house. I was about to buy it for 100bucks but it was too rusty. The inside looked like it was weathered to the shit house.

rarararara
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: rusty relic pay up to 3[nissan 240z] Thu, 03 November 2005 05:02 Go to previous message
Yeah, that sounds like your typical early model zed Laughing Very rare to find one without some form of rust in hatch corners, floor panels and/or chassis rails. Let's just say that nissan's rust preventative strategies in those days left alot to be desired. Where are the flintstone's when you need them Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WANTED: AE101R Corolla
Next Topic:aus spec Toyota Starlet 1999 with 63km (SA)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 02:03:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075910091400146 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.