Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » "Evo6" in ref. to WRX, whats it mean?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
"Evo6" in ref. to WRX, whats it mean? Tue, 01 November 2005 07:35 Go to next message
I see Evo6 stickered WRX's on occassion. What does it mean? Are they special spec'd? What are the improvements if so?
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: "Evo6" in ref. to WRX, whats it mean? Tue, 01 November 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 18:35

I see Evo6 stickered WRX's on occassion. What does it mean? Are they special spec'd? What are the improvements if so?

Thats just the evo spec editions, they release one every year kinda like a commodore equipe type thing ie just has a couple extra features or a bright fuck off colour early ones were yellow over the standard rex. Essentially they are the same car mechanically just with a few mod cons.

Just another bullshit marketing gimmick used to move the last of the current year models lol.
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: "Evo6" in ref. to WRX, whats it mean? Tue, 01 November 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The full name is "Club Spec Evo 6"

Yes it's marketing name but it has some goodies in there.
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: "Evo6" in ref. to WRX, whats it mean? Tue, 01 November 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To my knowledge they are just a limited release that came out with different colors, leather, and I even think some of the club specs you could get in auto.

I think the club spec evo 3 or 4 came out in this really ugly dull yellow color
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: "Evo6" in ref. to WRX, whats it mean? Tue, 01 November 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohhh ok, thanks.
Wonder if some Subaru official just wanted to take a shot at their rival Mitsubishi lol.....
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: "Evo6" in ref. to WRX, whats it mean? Tue, 01 November 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only in australia i reckon

in japan WRX in auto is an option, same with leather, safety features, colour etc.. all the stuff you see in the "higher" spec version of the wrx here.

you can even pick what aftermarket stuff you want from the dealer e.g. STI computer, bodykits, extractors and exhaust systems, air induction, etc etc etc...

my mate in japan bought a new 350Z and asked for to come with nismo computer, fujitsubo extractors and exhaust system, nismo tuned suspension and rays wheels.
170bhp
Regular

January 2004
Re: "Evo6" in ref. to WRX, whats it mean? Tue, 01 November 2005 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they usually get a sunroof too, which wasn't(maybe is now) an option with wrx's
>>ae82 stlye<<
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: "Evo6" in ref. to WRX, whats it mean? Wed, 02 November 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_07 wrote on Wed, 02 November 2005 00:30

only in australia i reckon

in japan WRX in auto is an option, same with leather, safety features, colour etc.. all the stuff you see in the "higher" spec version of the wrx here.

you can even pick what aftermarket stuff you want from the dealer e.g. STI computer, bodykits, extractors and exhaust systems, air induction, etc etc etc...

my mate in japan bought a new 350Z and asked for to come with nismo computer, fujitsubo extractors and exhaust system, nismo tuned suspension and rays wheels.

do those mods affect the warranty at all?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: "Evo6" in ref. to WRX, whats it mean? Wed, 02 November 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_07 wrote on Wed, 02 November 2005 00:30

do those mods affect the warranty at all?

I'd be saying no given that they are factory parts.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 November 2005 05:42]

buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: "Evo6" in ref. to WRX, whats it mean? Wed, 02 November 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am I the only one that finds the lemon yellow hot?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: "Evo6" in ref. to WRX, whats it mean? Wed, 02 November 2005 06:22 Go to previous message
buck naked wrote on Wed, 02 November 2005 17:05

Am I the only one that finds the lemon yellow hot?

I'd say so Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Recaro in melbourne
Next Topic:MINI debuts competition dragster
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:36:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053679943084717 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.