Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GOLDEN86
Occasional Poster

June 2005
icon5.gif  Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Wed, 02 November 2005 05:31 Go to next message
Hey, I was wondering what is length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable so i can get it made up, or someone can just sell me one they have ??
  Send a private message to this user    
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Wed, 02 November 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just use one from an early corolla, i think ke20,30 etc... they are a bit longer than you need, but otherwise are sweet.
GOLDEN86
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Wed, 02 November 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would ke38 ke55 ke70 be alrite ? wouldnt i have loss of pedal ?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Wed, 02 November 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant remember which model exactly, just go to a wrecker. from memory there were a few different models and they were all the same at PnP ingleburn. pedal will be sweet its doesnt matter that the cables longer Wink
GOLDEN86
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Wed, 02 November 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what one is it ? arnt ke30s rare ? how come there wont be loss off pedal ??
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Wed, 02 November 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get an AE82 one, its too long but it doesn't matter.

stop saying will there be loss of pedal, there wont be loss of pedal. why WOULD there be loss of pedal?
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Wed, 02 November 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine's from ae95

pretty long, but does the job
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Wed, 02 November 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok
ill try explain this: (i may totally balls it up but i like to try and help Razz )

from my understanding throttle cable can be as long as u like coz its the inside bit that moves
So u put the pedal end on the pedal then when u bring it round to ur throttle u have the little clampy thing the outer goes in so that the outer stays still and the inner pulls the throttle
u put this in the rite place and u could 6 foot extra cable but it wont matter coz the end will still move and pull it....if this makes any sense
~andrew~
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Wed, 02 November 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, thats exactly right.
GOLDEN86
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Wed, 02 November 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys, im little stupid sometimes Very Happy
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Thu, 03 November 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I purchased a JDM AE86 / 4age cable. Which as you would assume, fits perfectly Smile $60 brand new from Toyota.

I found the KE70 ones just too long and made the peddle feel really notchy as there was some sharp bends in the cable to get it to fit.

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Thu, 03 November 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel: can you measure the length of that throttle cable, im looking for one to replace the WAY TOO LONG AE82 one for the quads setup. I think either KE70 or JDM AE86 would do. But as you say shorter the better, that way less kinking.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Thu, 03 November 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will do mate.. At a guess its around 1/2 the length of the KE70 one!
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Thu, 03 November 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am using a KE70 one on the quads,it fits perfectly, The AE86 JDM one is way too short.

Edit, My throttle cable has to pull from the front, ie the 20V throtles are upright, i think the 3T manifold has the throttles up sidedown and the JDM one should be right.

Ben.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 November 2005 05:19]

love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Thu, 03 November 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Wed, 02 November 2005 22:20

yep, thats exactly right.

yay i got something rite Very Happy
remember this day Razz

~andrew~
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Thu, 03 November 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE70/KE30 etc. (long) one fits fine with the quads, and is fine for standard throttle setup if you shorten it to suit - no need to just fold it up!
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Thu, 03 November 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just wrapped mine round the brake boost a couple times before getting to the throttle. IRALLY gave me the idea as that's what he had done for his car.

Eddie.
GOLDEN86
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Fri, 04 November 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
60 bucks i got quoted it was 180 bucks ????

TurboRA28 wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 11:11

I purchased a JDM AE86 / 4age cable. Which as you would assume, fits perfectly Smile $60 brand new from Toyota.

I found the KE70 ones just too long and made the peddle feel really notchy as there was some sharp bends in the cable to get it to fit.

ToyRollaAE86
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Fri, 04 November 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so.... how long is it exactly for a JDM AE86 accelerator cable?

A length will help for a correct size(closest size) doner cable from another car instead of guessing

Thanks
GOLDEN86
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Fri, 04 November 2005 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd say only be 10cms longer then 4ac one, I got coralla one today, bolts straight in, but with bit of free length

[Updated on: Fri, 04 November 2005 16:49]

Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Whats length of Ae86 4age accelerator cable ?? Sat, 05 November 2005 05:00 Go to previous message
Yeah I'm using my stock KE70 one, it's way too long, but just loop it once or twice before connecting it to the tb. Feels fine, no pedal slack or sticking due to loops. As long as you just loop it and not fold/kink it, it's fine.

Kev.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Engine Cover
Next Topic:5-speed Auto Trans for Celsior 1989/90
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:57:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048859119415283 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.