Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » FS R154 5Speed gearbox, working fine but noisy bearing cheap

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

FS R154 5Speed gearbox, working fine but noisy bearing cheap Mon, 17 October 2005 14:11 Go to next message
Hi,
This sale is on behalf of John from Importbitz. I bought an R154 from him a while ago (about a year), and it has a noisy end bearing. He has very kindly and professionally agreed to swap it over, and i'm helping to sell the box. The box works fine, i've been driving it around with 200rwkw for 6 months now and it's exactly the same as when we first put it in, the syncros are fine. But i'm now planning on running around 270rwkw so i need the box to be perfect to make sure i've got the best chances of not blowing it. In this sense, this noisy box is considerably cheaper as a result, and at 900 bucks it's a good opportunity to pick up an R154 that's working fine at 200rwkw (and probably a fair bit more) cheap. The box has a 7M bellhousing with jzx100 remote shifter. I'd leave it if i could, it's not extremely noisy, but I don't want to take the risk of putting 270rwkw through it, so John is going to swap it. Here's a link to his site,
http://www.importbitz.com/mechanical.htm
and under the heading 'MA70 7MGTE R154' there is a brief description and pic. The box is in melbourne in my car, and if your seriously interested and would like to verify it's working fine send me a pm, but gotta be quick coz we're swapping them soon.

Cheers, Dan.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 October 2005 01:42]

Send a private message to this user    
R-jay
Regular

February 2003
Re: R154 gearbox, working fine but noisy bearing Mon, 17 October 2005 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im interested... especially with the jzx100 remote shifter assembly. How much extra would it be to send to sydney? I'm assuming it has to be sent back up north to qld anyways. Also, what are the chances of getting a jz bellhousing instead of the 7m bell?

Tan.
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: R154 gearbox, working fine but noisy bearing Tue, 18 October 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Tan,
I'll ask John. I have to find out if that shifter is coming with the box or not too. I'll let you know.

Ta, DAn.
R-jay
Regular

February 2003
Re: R154 gearbox, working fine but noisy bearing Tue, 18 October 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be sure to keep me informed. I can be contacted on 0415799499 just in case there was a need to discuss over the phone also.

Tan.
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: R154 gearbox, working fine but noisy bearing Tue, 18 October 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok found out, it definently has the jzx100 shifter, but no spare jz bellhousings unfortunantly. Not sure where else you can source a jz bellhousing myself, the 7m is completely incompatible i guess?

R-jay
Regular

February 2003
Re: R154 gearbox, working fine but noisy bearing Tue, 18 October 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah... damn shame too.... another question, would you happen to have any clutches (old and worn even) to go with the box. Still very keen on the box anyhow.

hopefully, if things go well, my 180sx will be sold real soon (days).... this should leave me plenty of dough for a coupla things for my supra project.
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: R154 gearbox, working fine but noisy bearing Wed, 19 October 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh the standard clutch is still working fine, i'm upgrading though coz it won't handle the power i plan to reach. So yeh should be fine to come with it.
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: R154 gearbox, working fine but noisy bearing Mon, 24 October 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bum---p
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: R154 gearbox, working fine but noisy bearing Tue, 01 November 2005 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b u m

p
maverick
Regular

November 2004
Re: R154 gearbox, working fine but noisy bearing Wed, 02 November 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much are you after and how much to get it sent to sydney?
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: R154 gearbox, working fine but noisy bearing Sun, 20 November 2005 08:04 Go to previous message
Hey,
Sorry for the late reply, the gearbox should be coming out of my car Tuesday or so next week. John wants 900 for it i believe, have a look at his website for pics. I'll pay for shipping.

Cheers, Dan.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Supercharger sc14
Next Topic:*SOLD* 5 Puck Clutch, Organic Clutch Disk, TRD Pressure Plate to suit W5X
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:27:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063679218292236 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.