Toymods » General Car Talk » Subaru rally team australia withdraw from rallying

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Subaru rally team australia withdraw from rallying Wed, 02 November 2005 10:41 Go to next message
http://www.rallysportmag.com/cms/A_105416/article. html

That pretty much says it all.

Cheers
Shtock
  Send a private message to this user    
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Subaru rally team australia withdraw from rallying Wed, 02 November 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn....I'm no Subaru fan, but that's a huge call, kinda like when Toyota threw in the towel with the Celica. But rallying went on, there are still some quality marques out there, but Subaru was certainly special.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Subaru rally team australia withdraw from rallying Wed, 02 November 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A bit sad to see a complete withdrawl, especially with such short notice.

But then again....

Bring on the Spec.B attack of Targa Tassie!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Subaru rally team australia withdraw from rallying Wed, 02 November 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does this mean they'll focus on WRC or is that too up for the chop?
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Subaru rally team australia withdraw from rallying Wed, 02 November 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, that's big.Really big

i think they might regret it
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: Subaru rally team australia withdraw from rallying Wed, 02 November 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Wed, 02 November 2005 22:30

does this mean they'll focus on WRC or is that too up for the chop?

I think its just an subaru australia decision, nothing to do with the worldwide plans.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Subaru rally team australia withdraw from rallying Wed, 02 November 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup. It's only Australia. How many people really know about the ARC anyway?

It makes more sense for them to concentrate on the tarmac stuff now. Especially if they start building a sporting pedigree for the Liberty within Australia.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Subaru rally team australia withdraw from rallying Wed, 02 November 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate to say it but if Possum Bourne was still around this wouldn't have happened Sad No one ever stepped up to fill in his shoes (no easy task i admiut) and the australian rallying scene has been crapped up without him.

I've never really been fond of Subaru's (read : Nick Senior's) attitude towards rallying in Australia, and I think this move just about sums it up.

Hopefully no one important ever reads this next statement, (and, horrifyingly, I may be driving a WRX in the South Australian Rally Championship next year or the year after) but I say "piss off Subaru" Razz
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Subaru rally team australia withdraw from rallying Wed, 02 November 2005 14:31 Go to previous message
As for it making 'more sense' for them to focus on the tarmac events... well I'd say both yes and no. The tarmac rallying scene is fairly scarce at the moment, and there are plenty of events that are struggling along (East Coast Classic) or have recently lost some of the top people guiding it (Targa Tasmania for example). So it's no bed of roses.

If Subaru expect that they can just hop into tarmac events and suddenly get more, or more cost effective, exposure then they are totally wrong.

Targa Tasmania, East Coast Classic, Classic Adelaide, Targa New Zealnd etc all attract big fields, but aren't that hotly contested. Each category will only have a few big names going for the top, and as for any sense of yearly championship, well people know less about any tarmac rallying championships than they do about the ARC.

Sure Subaru had to spend alot of money to get the ARC on TV, and they had laid alot of groundwork to build up the ARC and to make it bigger and better. *But* now they've decided to bail, and they will have to spend that money *all* over again to prop up Tarmac rallying's level of exposure, which if you ask me, is just dumb.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1985 sprinter stock worth??
Next Topic:1984 Corolla
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 01:15:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043580532073975 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.