Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Thu, 25 August 2005 03:20 Go to next message
For those who dont know, the NSW round of the Australian Rally Championship has moved to Bathurst.

And its not every day you get to race with the best drivers i the country but

Team Trueno will be entering this year !!!

Thats right the sweet sound of 4AGE Sprinter will once again be heard at the Mountain..

The Existing pit lane will be used as the Service area for entire event and a Super Special stage will be set up behind.

The rest of the rally stages are held at the Sunny Corner Area a little bit out of Bathurst.

Car Preparation has already Begun with lots of events and practice in between October and now to make sure driver and car are ready.

More Updates to follow.

Ben.
  Send a private message to this user    
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Thu, 25 August 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmm.. This could be worth a little drive. I've always liked the Bathurst events! Nod
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Sun, 28 August 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go my big bro Cool
if he does ok he should win the privaters Laughing
good luck ben and keep her between the trees and not in then Laughing
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Sun, 28 August 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do I here TOYMODS CRUISE Razz
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Sun, 28 August 2005 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyrota wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 17:32

do I here TOYMODS CRUISE Razz

i think you should hear that Very Happy

*looks for craig to organise something Razz LOL*
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Fri, 16 September 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did someone say toymods cruise to bathurst to check out one of our own in the ARC rally of bathurst???

Craig, did you hear that?
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Wed, 21 September 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bathurst The shake down
With just over one month away until Bathurst, Team Trueno will be in shakedown mode with Bathurst Light Car Club holding a short rally (100 Competitive K's) on this Saturday using the same roads that will be in use during the ARC round.

A few changes have been made for this weekend in the engine and braking department will hope to yield some more torque and better braking confidence in the lead up the ARC round.

On another note due to work commitments I am need of 2 or more service crew to help out during the Bathurst ARC round for Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday.

It is a central service so no one has to travel around the country side and in between the services you get a chance to watch all the action of the super special stage. No mechanical experience necessary, but must be able to know how to change tires and refuel a car Razz And being service crew you will get an All Access pass to the rally for free, what more could you want!! I Can even arrange some accommodation.. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

Ben.

SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Thu, 22 September 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see you this saturday
my brother leo will be running for the first time in 16 years in his new car seeded number 8
should be good for a laugh Smile
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Fri, 23 September 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've put my name down for being an official, but with the status of my licence being in limbo, I may take you up on that offer of servicing.
I did it for a local driver in a Legacy at the SA round & it was good fun. Just didn't get to see any action though Sad
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Sun, 25 September 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86trueno wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 15:37

Bathurst The shake down
With just over one month away until Bathurst, Team Trueno will be in shakedown mode with Bathurst Light Car Club holding a short rally (100 Competitive K's) on this Saturday using the same roads that will be in use during the ARC round.

A few changes have been made for this weekend in the engine and braking department will hope to yield some more torque and better braking confidence in the lead up the ARC round.

On another note due to work commitments I am need of 2 or more service crew to help out during the Bathurst ARC round for Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday.

It is a central service so no one has to travel around the country side and in between the services you get a chance to watch all the action of the super special stage. No mechanical experience necessary, but must be able to know how to change tires and refuel a car Razz And being service crew you will get an All Access pass to the rally for free, what more could you want!! I Can even arrange some accommodation.. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

Ben.

rallying is so cruel Mad
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Sun, 25 September 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, especially those with EVO gearboxes !!

The AE86 came out of Saturdays Bathurst Sportsclassic rally relatively unharmed except for some loose wiring under the engine fuse box which decided to part company over the rocky roads of stage 3 which was cutting the engine power intermittently, Nothing Major. The Shaw's EVO on the other hand had a gearset go AWOL during stage 1. Bathurst roads are tough, we started car 22 and even with the trouble during stage 3 my navigator reckons we were running about 12th when we threw in the towel unable to find the glitch during the service.

http://www.mfoto.com.au/mfoto/photos/dk/22_sportsclassic_dk05_14876.jpg
For rally photos go to MFOTO.com.au

Ben.

[Updated on: Sun, 25 September 2005 08:51]

ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Thu, 20 October 2005 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only 1 week to Go,

The Car is nearly ready with only some minor work to be done now,
With TheStitt and Wagonist filling in the servicing duties its an all Toymods team

Live timing will be available hopefully from www.rally.com.au

I will keep everyone updated as he week progresses.

Tickets available from ticketek or at Bathurst or if anyone wants to lend a hand i still have some pit passes available to see the action of the Mount Panorama super special stage.

Ben.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Sat, 22 October 2005 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go Son Go!!!! Very Happy

Good luck!! hope the fuse box holds together this time Shocked
FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Sun, 23 October 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There might be more Sprinters than you think.
We are coming up from the south to have a crack at the arc clubman.
So if you see the Toyospares sprinter come over and say hi.

MATT.

P.S. I could use some service crew too.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Mon, 24 October 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill come up and say hi I'm looking fwd to going this weekend.

Its the first time I've been to a rally.

I don't count the super special stage at wharf 7 last year.
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Mon, 24 October 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill come say hi Matt

I auctually think there will be 3 sprinters running, so it should be good,

The organisers have put us behind the Toyota Team in the bathurst garages, so we will feel important anyway Smile

only 4 more sleeps, i cant wait. Very Happy

Ben.

FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Thu, 27 October 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We are loaded up and about to roll.
I CAN'T WAIT.
See you all in the morning.

MATT.

P.S. We are seeded 4th (someone thinks we are fast) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Thu, 27 October 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sure Don would love to join your service crew Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good luck fellas!
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Sun, 30 October 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another rally....
another bent evo...
at least the engine held up Laughing Laughing
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Sun, 30 October 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well what can I say i had a grewat weekend. First time I have been to forest stages of a Rally. GHAd a blast was awsomw watching all the cars go thru the spectator points.

I had a great time giving Ben a hand we only really did plug and oil changes, we also had to reattach a mud flap after one parted company. (Not durning a stage we he moved to let a guy in front of him at a timing point) and on Sunday we had to meet him at a remote fuel point.

We got some good pics and saw some great acton.

I'll let Ben post up placings and times etc.
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Mon, 31 October 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW what a great weekend
The car ran great all weekend,
Thursday testing/practicing with Rick Bates in Canberra was very worthwhile, we easily gained 5s/km with his help,

We rocked up on Friday afternoon, superspecial stage was good and with nothing to do to the car we headed off for a good night sleep.

Saturday was a good mix of short 5K stages with a couple of 20K stages thrown in to keep us on our toes. Stuffed the first spectator point up and turned to early did a full noise dohnut in front of the crowd and headed back the right way Razz
Nothing out of the ordinary hapened a few clost moments with running wide on a couple of corners but all we had to do was change the fluids in the car and throw on some clean air filters and we were ready to roll again.

We ended Heat 1 18th outright,

Day 2 we awoke to bucketing rain, and my first thought was there is definitely going to be stages cancelled,

Rocked up to SS1 with the rain and lightning and thunder all around, and almost zero visibility it was raining that hard.
crawled through the first 2 stages and get to the third one and were told to head back to bathurst as the rest had been cancelled, Bathusrt had 50mm of rain that day, and the recovery vehicles were having trouble getting through the stages.
We then waited around 4 hours to do the last superspecial stage at Mt Panorama.

We finished day 2 12th outright and i thought we were crawling through the morning stages.

A big thanks to TheStitt and Wagonist for servicing and getting absolutely drenched on Sunday, it couldnt have happened without their help

With heat 1 and 2 combined we finished 10th clubman overall

http://www.mfoto.com.au/mfoto/photos/dk/135_wpsrb_dk05_14549.jpg

http://www.mfoto.com.au/mfoto/photos/dk/135_wpsrb_dk05_14721.jpg

Ben.

FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT Wed, 02 November 2005 11:55 Go to previous message
We had a ball too.
Day 1 was very fast and I have never had the car in the air so much.
Had some butt clenching moment's when we shattered a wheel and understeerd straight at a f___ing big pine tree at HUGE speed missing it by maybe a foot, then shortly after having the EFI main relay jump out of the fuse box. (we figured the car was trying to tell us it was uncomfortable at going fast with a broken wheel and made us stop).
We were running 8th but after stopping for 19 min's we were last
Crying or Very Sad
Day 2 was assume in the rain (soooo slippery) and I think we came 6th. Very Happy

MATT.

P.S. I got to see Ben on the super special and I must say sprinters do look cool full lock sideways with BIG roosters from the rear wheels Cool
Well done Ben.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October
Next Topic:3rd Mirrorfinish Nationals.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:55:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057098865509033 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.