Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke.....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 09 October 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK heres the final diagnosis of what we think happened at the DA rpound last week to my engine.. long story..

When we assembled the engine for turbo use, we did not touch the bottom end as it was presumed to be strong enough with the setup already in place, however when we put the sump back on from having the oil return plumbed into it, we noticed that the oil squirters in numbers one and three had broken the tips off, and could not find a reason why.....
during the day at oran last week, oil temp guage went through the roof and i stopped, then noticed the bearing knock in the engine and thought that the oil had gone to water and id therefore spun a bearing. We put it then down to bad oil.... BUT now the car is reassembled we have a differant theory...

Oil temp guage reads off the scale always, so the sender is broken, but thats what stopped me last week. we now think the clearances on the old crank were suspect to begin with and the turbo high comp setup just sped up the engines already begun demise.So result of the execise is that i now have a new crank and some trd rods inside, with bearing clearances of just 1.5 thou across the board ( thank god we tracked down a new 100 kw crank over the weekend thanks NATHAN) and we are in the process of sorting out the guage. car fired first crank last night after running on the starter for a few mins to get oil pressure up, and sounds just as insane as before, so now it is time to let the fun begin and lets go INDY! Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 09 October 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AWEEEEEESOME

time to fly now eh?

now ur stronger bottom end

more BOOOST!
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Mon, 10 October 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no i think more piece of mind 12psi is enough
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Mon, 10 October 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The drift battle Silvia had a similar problem, they had to improve the return flow of oil.
Where your cams machined?
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Mon, 10 October 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it now uses standard n/a cams.... all is good as far as initial testing can say. we will see over the coming couple of days i guess
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Tue, 01 November 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car is freakin awsome now, all engine reliability probs seem to be sorted. Have over the past two weekends, drifted the 4 days at INDY as well as competed at round 5 of the Drift Australia series, and all is good. just a few minor turbo gasket issues, which we think we are now on top of, but as you can see, the car now runs better than ever......
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2585/slide2022fw.jpg

actually is quite a strange thing to see such a display from a toyota not a nissan, and it sure as hell makes quick work of the NANKANG tyres, although on the weekend at winton that can be put down to experimenting with varying pressures to see grip vs. wear characteristics of differant pressures. Strangely enough with a higher pressure, they wore out faster and made way more smoke, but still kept a very high amount of forward grip-drive. Will be very difficult to carry enough tyres to events if we do run them like that, but sure as hell makes a great display... Laughing
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Wed, 02 November 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
baggin it fuckin beautifuly..... smoke dogg baby... yehh Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Wed, 02 November 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
congrats mate. u must be pretty happy. the car looks awesome now.

ps, ive still gotta do your sticker design. something in fluro yellow to compliment that trickyweld. fark it looks hot! Smile

6th overall with all these dramas mid season must make you pretty happy and optimistic for next season!!

next year may be the year for the ae86 boys! young, yates and fine !

you fellas make me proud *sniffle*

Wink
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Wed, 02 November 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh am happy all things conidered with 6th. out of five rounds, in one i brok a gearbox, one i could not see for welding flash, and another i withdrew for engine issues, having looked at the system, if i had mmerely driven the qualify lap at oran and not even drifted , but then qualified 16th, that earns 55 comp points, which would have moved me to fopurth place, so i know that with all probs sorted it should be a good year next year....
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Wed, 02 November 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking good josh so you were doing a display event at indy???
andylaurel
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Wed, 02 November 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pffft... as if you'd turbo a sprinter!
thats so not JDM!!!
hahhaha just playing joshy!!!
CONGRATS ON 6th PLACE
next year is going to be SICK

Best AE86 in Australia... Quite Possibly. Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Wed, 02 November 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was there...I saw it...

its a fucking smoke machine...

werd to the bird joshy boy!

p.s. your wheels still look gay Razz
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Wed, 02 November 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 10:17

p.s. no one gives a fuck what you think. Keep the wheels as they are.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Wed, 02 November 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 10:07

my my arent your panties in a bunch Laughing
aaaaah
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 03 November 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 10:45

THere definately needs to be a button like the quote button but says JOKE, so people understand Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 03 November 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aaaaah wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 11:19

MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 10:45

THere definately needs to be a button like the quote button but says JOKE, so people understand Laughing

especially for those of the "slower" denomination...
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 03 November 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha MATTY u r gay

and so what gay wheels for a gay car, tis fun to drive tho....
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 17 November 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL ran it at willowbank drags, still with the left over tyres from the winton DA round, and not a single change to the suspension or anything, spun all the way through first and second gear no matter what i tried( even running just 15 psi in rear), but still managed a 13.2 at 108 mph.......... funny shit
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 17 November 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will u be running it this weekend too

13.2 is very good

maybe12.9 if u get a decent launch
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 17 November 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah was only a joke to see how it went, yeh if we wanted to we could probably set it up to get mid 12 ish, but drags are soo goddamn boring,,, LOL
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 18 November 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr2drift wrote on Fri, 18 November 2005 00:17

nah was only a joke to see how it went, yeh if we wanted to we could probably set it up to get mid 12 ish, but drags are soo goddamn boring,,, LOL

Laughing

not bad mang not bad at all
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 18 November 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a fast car in anyones money
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sat, 19 November 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno about FAST but its definately fun.....
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 20 November 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://image-cache.boostcruising.com/forums/uploads/post-615-1132144448.jpg
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 20 November 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Josh just saw a vid of u racing at drift australia round 5 and jus wanted to say nice drifting mate :D:D u killed that soarer hehe
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 20 November 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah wheres the tyre shine on them gay wheels Laughing
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 20 November 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL matt it hasent even had a wash since winton, the pictures just dont show the dirt hahahahahha, ( man it comes up nice in pics!) the only thing to happen since winton is it got rained on last week in the yard while we were working on mumblezzz KE70......
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 20 November 2005 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr2drift wrote on Sun, 20 November 2005 23:27

LOL matt it hasent even had a wash since winton, the pictures just dont show the dirt hahahahahha, ( man it comes up nice in pics!) the only thing to happen since winton is it got rained on last week in the yard while we were working on mumblezzz KE70......

ahahaha i bet same tyres as well Laughing Laughing Laughing
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 20 November 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you know it baby, the same set of trashed kellys on the rear that i had for the last session at winton.. hahahahaha who gives a toss, its only drags....... now if we were going for a night DRIFT session, new rubber always... LOL
1G-GTE KE70
Regular

December 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Mon, 21 November 2005 02:57 Go to previous message
was that a 13.2 while sway drifting the quarter mile?

i hope so Razz Evil or Very Mad
Pages (13): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Draven's JZA61 [some pics]
Next Topic:Craig's AE86 completed project: 56K or die slowly
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 17:27:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075798034667969 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.