Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » ACT » CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Fri, 23 September 2005 08:19 Go to next message
Here is the official CCG November 2005 event:
20 November 2005 - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen ACT.
More details below.....
Cheers
Mitch & Phil (CCG)

Come one, come all to a local car display to flash off your pride and joy with the CCG!

We have negotiated at least 20 car spots to be allocated for the CCG. This event is not a 'Car Show' as we know it. It is about promoting to the ACT public that there are a vast array of car clubs in the community. This is a great way for the Canberra Celica Group to promote ourselves.

We have 20 spots available for those that would like to display their cars on the day. If you are interested in participating and wish to be one of the cars on display please email Phil or I and we will compile a list of those interested. Please note that this entire event is FREE but if you do wish to participate then you will have to have your car there early at 7.45am and leave it there until 4pm. It will give you heaps of time to cruise the car displays!

We will have the now famous 'Chuck Wagon' there with the BBQ fired up so we invite everyone to come and support this event whether you have your car involved or not. So who is interested????????????????????

Details are as follows:
Date: 20 Nov 05
Place: John Knight Memorial Oval - Belconnen (On the foreshore
of Lake Ginninderra)
Meeting time: 7.45am (yes in the morning!) If you have not arrived by
8.00am, when we all go through the gates, you will not
be permitted to display your car. Organisers rules not ours, sorry people.
Departure time: 4.00pm. Please note that if your car is on display you not be permitted to leave until 4.00pm.
We have more info. on the TOYMODS ACT site too at www.toymods.org.au

So if you are interested, email Phil.eacott@defence.gov.au or me as soon
as possible so we can place your name on the list.
Cheers
Mitch and Phil

[Updated on: Fri, 18 November 2005 00:25]

Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Mon, 26 September 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know the details are to be following soon, but is the CCG putting on a display?

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2005 01:18]

celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Mon, 26 September 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane,

We sure are and we certainly want your car there!

Are you up for it, or is your hectic schedule already booked this far in advance?

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Mon, 26 September 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just checked the date and I am in Perth that weekend. My calendar is looking pretty hekt1k now Laughing

There are only 3 people I trust to drive my car when I am not around:

1 Me
2 Myself
3 Commander Cool (Me)

Just kidding Very Happy

I will see what happens as it draws closer and details become clear Wink
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Mon, 26 September 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
details, details, details....

if it wasn't for me talking to the guy who's organising this we wouldn't have even been invited Very Happy

hmm I work sundays, might get it off, but it depends if you want an mr2 there to show up all the celicas Laughing I can park her with the t-tops off and a hairdryer on the passenger seat Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

I may even be able to set up a mini barbar for eveyone who walks past, hair cuts $10 each Laughing , now thats fundraising Laughing Laughing

although the best hair cuts I can give is mitch style or army style, crew cuts, or bald. Laughing

then for an extra $5 mitch can teach them the art of polishing Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2005 10:21]

TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Mon, 26 September 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahahahaha...your a funny buzzard Wiso. Just remember, I may be Follicly challenged but you mate.....right to the bone Ha!

How do you know Bruce Perry? He has been keeping us informed about the event for yonks. If the weather is fine Bruce said they are looking at 500 cars!

Once we know a bit more about the event we will post up our own CCG details.

Bruce advised the following details for the event:
6.30 - 9.00 am Breakfast at Rydges Eagle Hawk, Federal Highway
9.00 - Cruise, Via Gungahlin to John Knight Park
10.00 - 3.00 Kick back and relax
Remember this event is for everybody from:
· Young to Old, People and Cars
· Bog stock to Hot Rod
· Primer to Polished
· Street Cars to Street Machines
· Rusty to Restored
· Hacks to Show Cars
· Hot 4s to Big Block V8s, and maybe V10s or 12s
. Utes to Panno's
· 10" wheels to 22" wheels
· Race cars, Drag cars, Rally cars, Speedway cars
(* Also Marques is pronounced 'Marks' meaning make or brand, not Marquees which are tents!)
Cheers
Mitch

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2005 04:44]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Tue, 27 September 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha Heart

mate going back to about Febuary/March he kept coming into the servo I work at, he saw my hot ass celica Very Happy out in front with the CCG sticker on the side of it, he asked about the ccg so I gave him a card and told him to email mitch about the details, thats how it all started Razz so there, its not just because you guys are good and well advertised, its all me baby Very Happy Laughing Laughing

but seriously I should be able to make it... hoping Cool
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Tue, 27 September 2005 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if my car is straight again, (house mate backed into the door) can i come along?
RP071
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Wed, 28 September 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yay, it's a Sunday!!!!

Mitch 'ol mate I might be able to bring the old girl out.

Is there a cost associated?

Please keep me posted.

Cheers

Ross
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Wed, 28 September 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rosco...man after my own wallet! No cost mate!

Well just support or CCG BBQ please guys.

More details to follow soon.
Cheers
Mitch
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Mon, 31 October 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATE:
Well after much negotiation, we have secured another 10 car spots, making 20 car spots for the CCG display. We have received a very good response with lots of cars being nominated to appear so far.

However, now that we have the extra 10, please email us to tell us if you wish to have your pride displayed at the show. Dont forget you will have to leave your car there all day. Of course you can lock it up and go cruise the other 500 cars they are expecting there!
Cheers
Mitch
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Tue, 01 November 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be speaking to eril to get a date of how much longer the car will be, so i won't know, If i have it back, i'll be at the gates at 7.45, otherwise i'lll just drop past and say hi a bit later Cool
Sicarius123
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Tue, 01 November 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Mitch,

I may be interested in coming too with my 6spd targa Supra, have you got any more places? Can you send any details to sicarius123@gmail.com please?

Also how do I go about changing my e-mail for the celica group? Used to have dweaverkoenigs@iprimus.com.au but lost that account when we changed ISP's, would you be able to change my e-mail on the group to sicarius123@gmail.com too?

Thanks,

Dan.
Sicarius123
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Tue, 01 November 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SprinterBoy wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 11:09

I'll be speaking to eril to get a date of how much longer the car will be, so i won't know, If i have it back, i'll be at the gates at 7.45, otherwise i'lll just drop past and say hi a bit later Cool

Justin,

Answer your phone you bum! I've been trying to call you for the past fortnight!

Dan.
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Wed, 02 November 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan
Yep I have changed your email addy mate.
I hope to know numbers soon so will post a list ASAP.
Cheers
Mitch
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Wed, 02 November 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
argh....

as much as would love to have my ride there on show, I really can't leave it there all day, I have had the past 3 sundays off work and I think I have used up all my favours. so i dunno if i can get it off. but I will show up for a look deffinatly.

I am tossing up with the idea of registering the 162 and driving that down there for the show and leaving her there for the day in my absense with the for sale sign Rolling Eyes I might work
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Wed, 02 November 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea man, even a week permit would be good, I'm prob gonna hang out all day so i can try and up sell your car too!, If you need a hand getting to/from the show and shine let me know.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Thu, 03 November 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm thats just crazy enough to work hey.

cheers man for the offer, I'll let you know
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Fri, 18 November 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To all those interested....

We have 20 cars being displayed at the Marques Car Show on this Sunday. There will be show cars right through to nearly every car club being represented. So please come along and have a look at a huge selection of cars on display and support this event. Its open from 9am till 4pm aaaaaaaand its FREE!
Cheers
Mitch & Phil.

Note for the 20 CCG representative attendees:

OK………the plan is for everyone to meet up at the John Knight Memorial Park at 8am this Sunday. Directions: from Ginninderra Drive, turn into Aikman Drive and follow that down to the RH turn into the Park. The description of our allocated spot is “You guys will be (looking from the lake) on the left hand side, 3/4 of the way up the hill”. If you do a loop around the park you will find us. If not sure on the day, call us on our mobiles.

Basically you have to have your car at the park entrance by 8am and you wont be able to move it until about 3.30/4pm. This at least gives us a great chance to walk around and have a look at the other 500+ cars that will be on display. If you cant make oit on the day PLEASE call us to tell us know.

We will have the ‘Chuck Wagon’ Trailer there with the BBQ fired up for our traditional sausage sangas, so bring your change.

Tips - Bring you CB radios, chair, hat, sunblock, umbrella (hope not!).

Lets all pray for sunshine!
Cheers
Mitch – 0408994410
Phil - 0412699144

1. Justen Simpson - GT8 ST185 Celica
2. Mitch Sloan - TA22 Celica
3. Ross Pandher - JZA80 Supra
4. Tyrone Hays - AE82 Corolla
5. Dylan Evans - RA23 Celica
6. Trent Kershaw - SW20 MR2
7. Yiannis Paschalidis - JZA80 Supra
8. Grant Haines - TA22 Celica
9. Gordon Brewster - RA23 Celica
10. Phil Eacott - KE30 Corolla
11. Matt(Curly)Wood - RA23 Celica
13. Simon Landwehr - Corolla Levin
14. Phil Law - ST205 GT4 Celica
15. Chris Law - JZA80 Supra
16. Dave and Sam - AE111 Corolla
17. Colin Hewitt - RA23 Celica
18. Sebastian Becher - TA22 Celica
19. Joel Wise - ST162 Celica
20. Steve Millar - UZS131 Crown OR AE92 Levin

SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Fri, 18 November 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And not a single AE86! pffftt!!!!
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Fri, 18 November 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't stress Justin there is 4 (potentially 5) corollas already going to be on display in that list of 20.

Having an AE86 in amongst those 20 fine Toyotas would just have people thinking "Why is there an old Hyundai Excel/Honda Integra/Cordia in amongst those nice Toyotas?"

You know that people find the AE86 hard to distinguish from those three cars Wink
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Fri, 18 November 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So where is YOUR Sprinter eh...eh...eh????
C U Sundy in the Celica Ha!
Mitch
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Fri, 18 November 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd go if I weren't stuck up here in Sydney. Crying or Very Sad

I'd really appreciate it if someone could take some pics, especially of the old school celicas Very Happy

Cheers,
Jason
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Mon, 21 November 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For those interested, I found some pictures here:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~bluprint/MITP2005/ind ex.html

Looks like there was a good turnout; wish I could've made it. Sad
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Mon, 21 November 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn i wish i could have made it although i had just arrived back from America

Anyone know who owns this Soarer ? I always see this at chisolm shops , always keen to catch up with another Z20 Soarer owner

http://members.iinet.net.au/~bluprint/MITP2005/photos/photo61.jpg
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Mon, 21 November 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does look like it was a good turnout for the show.

Did the CCG convince any more Toyota owners to join in its ranks?
yrhkira
Regular

June 2005
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Mon, 21 November 2005 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It Certainly was a good day.

Anymore pictures? I took some but with one of those old fashioned film cameras.

For us old Celica Club guys and girls it reminded me of several Wheels shows we attended with a good presence.

Unfortunately for me the Green '22 started making its engine rattling noise again on the way home. Thought I was lucky.

Now I really need to swap engines.

But I want another Wakefield Park day and should get the Race car up and running.

Regards

Rodger
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Tue, 22 November 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a few more pics on the syndicate forum and here:

http://www.redlinegti.com/pergal/bzchi/gal578/

Does anyone have any other pictures of tweety? Is it running a 3t-gte???
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Tue, 22 November 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rodger,

My hand is up for assistance with the race car as you need it.

You know the deal.

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Tue, 22 November 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Is it running a 3t-gte???

Sure is Evil or Very Mad

Most of the women down at the senior citizens club would say the owner is devilshly handsome too Wink

Quote:

You know the deal.

All sounds top secret there Phil, I hope it's all above board Wink

TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Tue, 22 November 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi mate
Yep my Tweety has a lil 3TGT...thanks to some clever guys in the CCG who helped me with it!

I can email some pics if you want.
Cheers
Mitch
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: CCG - Marques Cars Show, John Knight Park, Belconnen - 20 November 2005 Tue, 22 November 2005 06:27 Go to previous message
I went down for a look. there were some nice cars there. i especially liked tweety and the silver RA23. that things tuff as.

Also does anyone know who owned the maroony coloured TA22 in the carpark? i pulled up behind it but it was gone when i got back....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dyno Day- Saturday 17 December
Next Topic:November Cruise - all welcome...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:28:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071370601654053 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.