Toymods » General Car Talk » anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Wed, 05 October 2005 17:57 Go to next message
No Message Body
  Send a private message to this user    
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Thu, 06 October 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take that a a no!!! esp judging by the ost dyno winner with 290 or whatever. surely someones got a modified 7m
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Thu, 06 October 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people do, just not in perth.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Thu, 06 October 2005 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah two of my friends have 7m supras ones had his rebuilt and is waiting on a gearbox and another guy has the works done to his - forgies, hiflow turbo, 660 injectors(i think), eboost2 + more can't think atm 2am and it's my birthday Very Happy
maverick
Regular

November 2004
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Fri, 07 October 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i`ve got a 7m, but i`m not in perth... i`d say it`d be making between 45- 60 flywheel kilowatts... mods so far include blown headgasket - water in the radiator (no coolant) and removal from my cressida to slot in a 1jz Laughing Laughing Laughing
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Fri, 07 October 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why put in a 1jz?.... cause its better then a 7mgte??...... should have put a 2jz in.....cause its a fuck load better then the 1jz!!!!!.... saying that a cressida a piece of shit anyway...nob
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Fri, 07 October 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stealth007008 wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 18:21

why put in a 1jz?.... cause its better then a 7mgte??...... should have put a 2jz in.....cause its a fuck load better then the 1jz!!!!!.... saying that a cressida a piece of shit anyway...nob

geez dude ease up on the attitude!
also what exaclty makes a 2J a "fuck load" better than a 1J?
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Fri, 07 October 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come on guys - ill extend this thread to australia wide - aswel a 1jzs - interested in cars over 250hp
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Fri, 07 October 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
latest edition of zoom

419rwkw 7m in a skyline.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Fri, 07 October 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stealth007008 wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 18:21

hey why go around offending people ? wat car do u drive ?
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Fri, 07 October 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i havent offended anyone -mz soarer with 7m and not enough power!! Wink
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Fri, 07 October 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stick a 3sgte into it, might go quicker Razz
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Fri, 07 October 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im hoping for high 11s in my boat - u up for the challange
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Fri, 07 October 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buh, arent 7m's peices of shit anyway? Razz

fyi, i got an old issue of fast fours that had a 560rwkw 7m in a supra...

hmmm Rolling Eyes
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Sun, 09 October 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

havent offended anyone

if u said my car was a peice of shit i would be offended
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Sun, 09 October 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7m = p00.

I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Yes I have more than 250rwhp with a 1j. Yet to be sorted.
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Sun, 09 October 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u calling my car poo... Sad Sad Sad
man u could never offend me
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Mon, 10 October 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im interested to know how a 2JZ is a fuckload better than a 1JZ when it only puts out 5-10kw more at stock (granted it has more torque and displacement)....?? oh and the 1JZ is like half the price.

id also like to know how cressies are shit when youre aiming for 11 second quarters in the boat and the 1JZ-747 cressie runs mid 10s? in fact theres a number of cressies with 1JZ's going around that do sub 12 second passes as well..
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Mon, 10 October 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stealth, around here people seem to call the 7m teh p00 motor.

it aint a personal insult, the 7m vs jz debate has its history on toymods, but theres still plenty of people with knowledge and horsepower for both sides of the equation.

i know of a few nice 7ms on here, and supraforums.com.au Very Happy

im hoping to get my p00 motor to near 220rwkw soon. Very Happy

stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Mon, 10 October 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hit the nail on the head...."at stock"

sorry - cressies arnt shit - their just ugly
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Mon, 10 October 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7m = teh p00 Cool
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Mon, 10 October 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
project 'who is your daddy' + teh p00 = teh win

Laughing
maverick
Regular

November 2004
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Thu, 03 November 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cressidas are pimping and they look awesome with a nice set of wheels and a 1jz is in every aspect a way better motor than a 7m, the internals of the motor are well engineered and you can make shitloads of reliable power for much less money, as 7ms can make the power but not without internal mods... btw that "blkjet" supra in zoom that makes around 560kw spat a rod through the side of the block making a lovely speed hole whilist tuning if you read the entire article Laughing Laughing Laughing
maverick
Regular

November 2004
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Thu, 03 November 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Thu, 03 November 2005 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maverick wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 21:11

Cressidas are pimping and they look awesome with a nice set of wheels and a 1jz is in every aspect a way better motor than a 7m, the internals of the motor are well engineered and you can make shitloads of reliable power for much less money, as 7ms can make the power but not without internal mods... btw that "blkjet" supra in zoom that makes around 560kw spat a rod through the side of the block making a lovely speed hole whilist tuning if you read the entire article Laughing Laughing Laughing

the blkjet one also has a purple nose cone coz the owner put it up the ass of another car... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

7m's are great if you know what your doing, if you dont i suggest you do get a 1jz and go away.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Thu, 03 November 2005 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan has chronic JZ envy

and 250hp is not a big target for a jz motor (actually, I think they put that out standard).
Apart from the well known and bitched about BHG issue (which can be fixed with a mhg and some ARP studs fairly cheaply), 7m is a very tough engine with 3L of displacement to play with - joorsh was making 200rwkw out of his.

that said, on standard turbos, computer, injectors and internals he's also making 275rwkw with his 2jz Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Thu, 03 November 2005 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dyno sheet for 275rwkw?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Fri, 04 November 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 09:50

dyno sheet for 275rwkw?

go to the new forums and look at Joorsh's MA61 ride thread yes dyno sheets are up.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Fri, 04 November 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stealth007008 wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 23:28

i havent offended anyone -mz soarer with 7m and not enough power!! Wink

wrong... you offended me... cressida's aren't shit.

Just because you dont like them, doesn't make them shit pal.

and ease up on the attitude, there's a 1JZ cressida doing 10's you know.

stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Fri, 04 November 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought this thread was history....

just because it ran 10s doesnt mean its a good car - theres plenty of commodores running those times

and if i dont like them they are shit to me.. just like u dont like 7ms therefore their shit motors.

we even now

oh and if u read everyting u may have noticed.. "sorry their not shit their just fucking ugly"

cya
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Fri, 04 November 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just been informed josh's turbos have been steel wheeled, so not completely standard.
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Fri, 04 November 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no idea how much power my 7m puts out but the soarer did a 14.4 pass when it was auto... on stock boost
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Fri, 04 November 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waxE wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 13:44

no idea how much power my 7m puts out but the soarer did a 14.4 pass when it was auto... on stock boost

what MPH?
maverick
Regular

November 2004
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Sat, 05 November 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7m`s are a discrace to toyotas otherwise fine line up of motors... why try and do things the hard way when you can use a jz with better results... i`d rather mount my dog in the engine bay...than use a 7m... cause at least he won`t blow his headgasket Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 7m is latin for "Big Turd motor" Laughing Laughing Laughing
maverick
Regular

November 2004
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Sat, 05 November 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the statement is rather ironic, like that song by alanis Morrisette (ironic), as in reality if one with a 7M motor on hand actually did know what he/she was doing, it would be thrown in otto bin or better yet smelted into a barbeque plate (just to make sure it will never be run again) Mad
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Sat, 05 November 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I own a 1jz and still realise that 7m's can be good things. www.7mpower.com I think it is. In stock form they aren't that great but who wants a stock engine anyway Rolling Eyes
maverick
Regular

November 2004
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Sat, 05 November 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

the blkjet one also has a purple nose cone coz the owner put it up the ass of another car... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

7m's are great if you know what your doing, if you dont i suggest you do get a 1jz and go away.[/quote]

the statement is rather ironic, like that song by alanis Morrisette (ironic), as in reality if one with a 7M motor on hand actually did know what he/she was doing, it would be thrown in otto bin or better yet smelted into a barbeque plate (just to make sure it will never be run again) Mad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Sat, 05 November 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maverick wrote on Sat, 05 November 2005 15:38

Mate a 7m with a MHG and properly prepared head is not that bad a motor, sure the JZ series are great but the 7m is in no way a shit motor if built properly.
maverick
Regular

November 2004
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Sat, 05 November 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah valid point, but the fact is they aren`t built properly and thats that 7m = shizenkoft Laughing
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Tue, 08 November 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not in Perth but so far I've managed to make 302kw at the wheels with my 7M in my MA-70
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Tue, 08 November 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maverick = dimwit

if you don't have a clue its best to just STFU
avieec
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Tue, 08 November 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
noobs.

The 7m may not be the ideal engine for performance but it is one reliable mother.

i have a 7m STILL WITH THE STOCK HG and ive done 205,000ks (50,000 were mine) and I get up it at least once every time i drive it, I still havent had a hint of a problem.

sure, the JZ series are better but look at the YEAR they were built. It's like comparing a BA xr6 to a AU xr6.

what a fucking pointless arugement. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
maverick
Regular

November 2004
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Mon, 12 December 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STFU? you must mean "sorry, Toyota FUCKED UP" when they invented the 7m
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Mon, 12 December 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh come on man, it took you over a month to come up with that reply ?
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms Mon, 12 December 2005 12:09 Go to previous message
http://iluvu.free.fr/wordpress/images/owned-Remixed-Pastor.jpg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Next Topic:KE Corolla dedicated thread.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:18:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069599151611328 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.