Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!*

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
icon11.gif  PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 03 November 2005 10:21 Go to next message
--- PVC Intercooler piping walkthrough for ae93 ---
Hey All, yes i have officially become a plumber in the last 24hrs. For those of you like myself who have a tight budget but want MAXIMUM performance, below is the fully operational pvc setup for my car. Pipework still needs some mat-black paint and perhaps some black plastic shrowd around it, hey, might be able to fool cops into thinking piping is part off the wiring harness Surprised
System is in testing phase at present.

--- Ingredients ---
CAR: ae92/93
FMIC: 600x300x76 Aluminium
PVC: grade 18, 6x45deg bends, 3x90deg bends, 2m length
SILICON: 2", 2.5", 2"3/8th pieces & clamps
METAL: 2" 90deg bend, 2.5"-2" reducer, 2" ~120deg bend

--- Cooking Instructions ---
We elected to run the intercooler inlet/outlet ports at the top. This minimised pipework required and was achievable by the ~2" gap between ae92 headlights and front bumper mounting brackets.
Simply (carefully) grind non-chassis metal away below each front headlight leaving all headlight mounting areas untouched. This leaves room for appropriate bends fron the intercooler to enter the engine bay. The rest is up to your imagination, just try not to install a toilet.

--- Serving Suggestion ---
Fast. Im talking maybe 20-30% power gain. Will dyno once testing is over.

--- Obvious Concerns ---
1. Heat : so far after driving 100km with SC switched off the hot side pvc piping doesn't get past 30celcius, with cooler side pipe at room temp. Under full boost of around 10psi the air temp from outlet port of SC may push the approximate ~85celcius max temp (i think) for grade 18 pvc.
2. PVC in engine : pvc vapour or fractured shards of pvc going through the intake probably isn't great......but hey....fuck it.
3. Clamped sections poping apart : this is allegedly a problem due to flat pvc piping having no lip to clamp behind. The system is jammed so tightly together due to space requirements that i don't think it will be an issue.

--- Total Piping Costs ---
pvc: $70
clamps: $12
silicon: $41
TOTAL: $123

Only regret is that i didn't manage to find that blue pvc cement I always wanted to use...had to use green instead..bitchen
-daniel-

--- Supplementary Updates ---
[1st hard run on boost] Ran it flat out for the first time 2nite, wholly shit i cant believe the difference. Midrange is incredible, i can casually putt around a corner in 2nd gear in the wet, depress accellerator and effortlessly bag both front wheels up to 95km/hr while frantically taming the lsd AWESOME!!!
After about 15mins one of my silicon joins gave out a little and couldn't hold over 6psi. Will fix easily in morning. Im honoured to be awarded Ghetto status...thanks guys...if you can send me a badge or something i can sew onto my shirt or some shit itd be appreciated Wink

http://members.westnet.com.au/bomrekab/images/fmic/front1.jpg
http://members.westnet.com.au/bomrekab/images/fmic/front2.jpg
http://members.westnet.com.au/bomrekab/images/fmic/bay1.jpg
http://members.westnet.com.au/bomrekab/images/fmic/bay_urmum.jpg
http://members.westnet.com.au/bomrekab/images/fmic/thats right.jpg
http://members.westnet.com.au/bomrekab/images/fmic/she called .jpg
http://members.westnet.com.au/bomrekab/images/fmic/last night.jpg
http://members.westnet.com.au/bomrekab/images/fmic/haha.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 03 November 2005 15:55]

Send a private message to this user    
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 03 November 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With that effort, all you car owning and modifying privlages are now taken away.

i will give points for creativity though
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 03 November 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now that you have a template for how your i/c piping needs to be i.e. lengths bends etc.

Go to an exhaust shop get them to weld the exact same thing with mild steel stainless then paint it.

wont cost you a fortune and wont be ghetto spec
4agerolla
Regular

May 2005
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 03 November 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wombat wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 21:55

With that effort, all you car owning and modifying privlages are now taken away.

i will give points for creativity though

lol whats wrong with that! gets the job done! im sure its every bit as functional as a neater metal set up.. i like the ghettoness!

hats off to u mate, im in the same boat as u and u have now given me inspiration Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 03 November 2005 11:59]

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 03 November 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"WildSupra" has been using PVC for his intercooler piping for quite some time.

he swears by it.

he has 1JZGTE, slight mods, and is making 266 rwhp.

Eldar.O.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 03 November 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing beats mild steel stainless Laughing
4agerolla
Regular

May 2005
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 03 November 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 00:10

lol
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 03 November 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=85220&rid=36&S=3406f2de741a6f28c3dace6b7 a7e03a4&pl_view=&start=0#msg_805339

Sean has a section of PVC in his system last I heard...still think it is too ghetto boys?

Smile

If it works power to you Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 03 November 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Nothing beats beating off over mild steel stainless Laughing

fixed?
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 03 November 2005 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHA Ghetto Spec...i love it because its still so goddamn fast, i just don't care.

EA Pulley setup running SC12@14psi with std top mount wasn't close to the difference large FMIC has made, if system holds up its scheduled for install in 7 days.

Ill admit that the intercooler brackets arn't exactly at an engineered level, but if you saw how much of the bumper we had to grind/cut out to fit that enormous intercooler, and saw how much pressure its still exerting on the FMIC just to be bolted back in place you would understand it is a professional bodge. We take pride in our bodged solutions that completely address all issues other than asthetics. We have a sticker range coming out which will be available to all cars that adhere to the strict requirements for BodgePro(TM) status.

--- BodgePro(TM) Examples ---
1. cable ties connected together to form larger chains.
2. Using "linked-cable-tie" technology we recently pioneered "linked-hose-clamp" prototypes which are exceeding our research team's initial performance predictions.

If you feel your vehicle has been engineered to BodgePro(TM) levels, please PM me for sticker enquiries.
-daniel aka Ghetto-Spec

[Updated on: Thu, 03 November 2005 16:29]

Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 03 November 2005 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck - I've seen attempts like that on mr2s collapse in the past. The short straight lengths might save you though. Bear in mind on turbo setups, it doesn't have to withstand vacuum..
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 03 November 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bayka wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 03:15

HAHAHA Ghetto Spec...i love it because its still so goddamn fast, i just don't care.

EA Pulley setup running SC12@14psi with std top mount wasn't close to the difference large FMIC has made, if system holds up its scheduled for install in 7 days.

Ill admit that the intercooler brackets arn't exactly at an engineered level, but if you saw how much of the bumper we had to grind/cut out to fit that enormous intercooler, and saw how much pressure its still exerting on the FMIC just to be bolted back in place you would understand it is a professional bodge. We take pride in our bodged solutions that completely address all issues other than asthetics. We have a sticker range coming out which will be available to all cars that adhere to the strict requirements for BodgePro(TM) status.

--- BodgePro(TM) Examples ---
1. cable ties connected together to form larger chains.
2. Using "linked-cable-tie" technology we recently pioneered "linked-hose-clamp" prototypes which are exceeding our research team's initial performance predictions.

If you feel your vehicle has been engineered to BodgePro(TM) levels, please PM me for sticker enquiries.
-daniel aka Ghetto-Spec

how is your falcon pulley setup going ? im about to put it into mine when i put it all back together, however ill be using a 135mm crank pulley (N/A standard) instead of the 145mm SC. This will be spinning it at the basically (+1.5%) the same speed as a nevo 175mm. without overspinning the waterpump.

when you put it all back together this time could you please take some more photos of the setup, especially how you got the clutch setup working.. if you did get the clutch working... did you end up welding the clutch face to the pulley or just the falcon clutch outer to the SC clutch inner and spindle ?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Fri, 04 November 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 01:06

Quote:

Nothing beats beating off over mild steel stainless Laughing

fixed?

hahhahahahha
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Fri, 04 November 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 00:10

hahah woops Laughing
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Fri, 04 November 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
--- ea falcon pulley mod ---
All info can similarly be found on this thread:
"4AGZE SC pulley mod (ea falcon air-con pulley) info" in Tech&conversions OR direct: http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=710626&rid=1309&S=9088803805e4dfcae659 df62cbc1cf20

Just for the record, we used the SC12 clutch and spot welded 3 'approximately balanced' welds to the ea pulley face. Ive heard of ppl using the ea pulley electromag clutch instead. But i can warrant my setup worked.

Ghetto-Spec
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Tue, 08 November 2005 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
--- Operation PVC Problem Review ---

Yo ppl just reviving this to give an official update of my experiences.

Aside from having to pull over several times due to uncontrollable laughter after bouncing 2nd gear on the limiter in the wet for 35m, and a few teething issues with one section popping apart (which was solved by more clamps haha) the predominant issue is heat. The ~30cm of piping after SC12 charged air outlet has caused an amusing problem. After every drive i checked the clamps in this problem area and i found that i could always tighten them further, at first i thought they may have been slipping or jumping teeth, not thinking of course that the tension exerted by the clamps could be deforming the pvc section at >60cel. So basically im ending up with a smaller and smaller pvc diamter at the clamped section. Im just going to see how small i can get it...pics will be provided Wink

This short section will have to be replaced (unfortunately) with non-lego based material. Man I would love to have some duplo involved in the project, going to test its heat resistance this week.

Keep you posted Surprised
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Tue, 08 November 2005 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its possible that the metal pipe section after the s/c is heating up and consucting heat so that even if part of the pvc piping was removed and replaced with a metal section the same issue may still arise
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Tue, 08 November 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm... anyone else who follows in his footsteps, make sure you use quality, pressure rated PVC. If you go to bunnings and buy some storm water pipe you're in for some trouble...

Tim.
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Wed, 09 November 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
excuse me tim, im using grade 18 pressure rated pvc that is the thickest you can get. Unfortunately the temperatures are causing the plastic in the hotest section to soften...read Rolling Eyes

If I was using 'storm water' pvc that would just be an unprofessional bodge and not adequate for BodgePro(TM) status...

4agte: yeh dude was thinking that could be an issue. However the silicon join that mates the metal section to the pvc is probably not a good heat conductor so Im more inclined to go with charged air causing most of the temperature problems. If i feel the pvc after its had 30cm of distance from the SC outlet the temp is tolerable and there are no issues. Im thinking replace the hotest section with pipe and just silicon it to pvc at the safer, suitable distance once air has cooled down enough.

-daniel-

[Updated on: Wed, 09 November 2005 01:33]

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Wed, 09 November 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man, on a hot day my intercooling pipes (the steel ones Wink) use to get so hot i could cook eggs on em Confused but that was with a fmic and stock everything...
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Wed, 09 November 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I meant if other people try it, they might not know that PVC comes in different strengths. When I first went to make a potatoe gun I didn't know, and nearly made it out of non-rated stuff.

With a larger peice of PVC around the section that is overheating, you could seal it and add some hoses and pump water around it. Although, it'd be easier to make it in steel I guess, for the die-hard PVC user only Razz

Tim.
trevtrev
Regular

October 2004
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Wed, 09 November 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you looked at using cPVC. Higher Temp and Pressure rated.
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Wed, 09 November 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
COOL!
Nah man, heard you can get stuff like that, but i wasn't interested in more $$ till i tested the conventional stuff.

Please give me some more details Smile

If i can stick to 97% plastic intercooler piping i will..its an image thing Wink
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Wed, 09 November 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i run two small lengths of PVC it works ok but i am planning on getting them replaced with metal, mainly because i have no PVC bends and thus a small straight piece of metal won't be too costly, also i can't attach the BOV to PVC!!! Anyway one question i have is in your first post

bayka wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 20:21

--- Supplementary Updates ---
[1st hard run on boost] Ran it flat out for the first time 2nite, wholly shit i cant believe the difference. Midrange is incredible, i can casually putt around a corner in 2nd gear in the wet, depress accellerator and effortlessly bag both front wheels up to 95km/hr while frantically taming the lsd AWESOME!!!

I haven't followed what you have been doing but what has caused this increase and what was there before?

The reason i ask is that i have a small FMIC and am thinking in upgrading to a bigger one but really don't think it is going to make a difference. So have you installed a new bigger FMIC, your first FMIC, just added some PVC or done a full motor swap?

thanks.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Wed, 09 November 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stock motor has a topmount cooler
NVD05X
Regular

June 2003
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Wed, 09 November 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could you take a pic with the front bar off... i'd like to see how the pipes go into and out of the cooler...

next time you have it off maybe!

thats an artwork! everyone will be doing it now i can see it comming!

you'll have to register BodgePro.com.au !!!!!!!!
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Wed, 09 November 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha cheers man, i'll definately take some photos of the whole setup next time i do some major maintenance (soon) but im too scared to take off front bumper at the moment cause it took 3 of us to get it back on!

ndgcpr: yeh 'rthy' is right, difference in power was moving from std topmount intercooler on ZE to the large FMIC. Im poor and i was pretty good at lego back in the day so i thought i may aswell hook it up with pvc pipe and see how it goes. I really cant believe how much difference properly cooled air fed into engine actually makes. Current FMIC is massively oversize (haha) but ive got some plans down the track to take full advantage Wink

Just for the record, initial low rpm throttle response has been unavoidably slightly reduced due to size of intercooler, but thats only below 2000rpm. It suprisingly pressurises the larger volume quicker than i expected so is still very drivable just easier to stall at take off if the SC is switched off. It drives great with SC switched on at all times due to pre-built pressure at idle.

Coming Soon
www.BodgePro.com.au
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Wed, 09 November 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha by the time u go buy more pipe you coulda bought mildtseel or stainless, on a budget mildsteel can be free go to exhaust shops raid the bin Razz
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Wed, 09 November 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you were a 'mechano' boy wernt you. Parents couldn't afford lego?

Well i stand by my elite 'lego' skills built as a kid. 'mechano' aka (metal) just isn't the same.

HAHA just kidding man, im probably gona have to raid an exhaust shop bin Surprised
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Wed, 09 November 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Use Blue Brute for a bit of ghetto bling Very Happy
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Wed, 09 November 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about 'reinforcing' the ends of the pipe where the silicon goes over. You find a short bit of steel tubing that fits inside your pvc pipe, voila, instant reinforcement. Now you can tighten the clamps till they break Very Happy

dan
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Wed, 09 November 2005 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, thats brilliant.
Im going to try that 2morrow. Thats BodgePro status straight out Wink
trevtrev
Regular

October 2004
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Wed, 09 November 2005 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Typical Properties
Property
Value

Density (g/cm3)

Surface Hardness
RR120

Tensile Strength (MPa)

Flexural Modulus (GPa)

Notched Izod (kJ/m)

Linear Expansion (/°C x 10-5)

Elongation at Break (%)

Strain at Yield (%)

Max. Operating Temp. (°C)

Water Absorption (%)

Oxygen Index (%)

Flammability UL94
V0

Volume Resistivity (log ohm.cm)

Dielectric Strength (MV/m)

Dissipation Factor 1kHz

Dielectric Constant 1kHz

HDT @ 0.45 MPa (°C)

HDT @ 1.80 MPa (°C)

Material. Drying hrs @ (°C)
2 @ 75

Melting Temp. Range (°C)
220 - 240

Mould Shrinkage (%)

Mould Temp. Range (°C)
40 - 70

Applications
Hot water piping.

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 10 November 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trevtrev wrote on Thu, 10 November 2005 09:43

Max. Operating Temp. (°C)

theres the clencher... the outlet of the charger can be blowing air out significantly over that...
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 10 November 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, just as i suspected. Thanks for that info 'trevtrev' !!!

My prospects for 15psi with pvc are looking dire. Temps will soar past 90... at least its got a strong dielectric strength, would help making a good capacitor.

-daniel-
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 10 November 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for all those times you need a capacitor between your supercharger and inlet manifold... ???!?!?!?
wagonboy
Regular

August 2004
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 10 November 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stop being a jew Dan and get the piping done properly, i told you i can get it done rather cheap anyway Cool
NVD05X
Regular

June 2003
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 10 November 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but thats not the BodgePro way!

just get the charger side of the cooler made out of metal and your intake side should hold up fine...
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 10 November 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummm...

If that pipe is rated at max op temp 90deg, how does that compare with what you've got? I think standard DWV is like 60deg but not sure. Whatever it is, its a fair bit less and its not liquefying on you, its just gettin a lil soft.

For a manufacturer to give a pipe a 90deg rating and have some Q.A. (quality assurance) process in place means every pipe tested in the R&D department probably didnt even start to soften till well over 100deg.

You cant Q.A. something right on its limit, its gotta have a fair margain and i reckon that you wouldn get too much higher than 110 deg or so at your intake. How much are you overspinning the S/C?

Anyway, all im saying is, inline with your philosophy, dont rule out a solution till you test it. Heat resistant PVC IC piping setups might make you millions...

bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 10 November 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trevtrev: what was the exact pvc grade / type for those typical properties you listed? (or is it just typical? )

mic*: I am running all standard pulley's with ABV completely cut-and-shut so i can generally get to 9-10psi. I think the killer might be that 'heat' resistant pvc is quite expensive.

Anyone know where to get heat resist pvc? Ive pretty much got the best bunnings has to offer, short of using wood... haha

-daniel-
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 10 November 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG running water around it...thats the best idea i have heard....bayka ur booked into BodgePro(tm) this weekend to get that done.....brads car can wait...OMG RA28 if ur in perth your invited to join the BodgePro(tm) team..... ur ingenuity shines straight through Laughing

Adam
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 10 November 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bobski wrote on Thu, 10 November 2005 20:52

OMG running water around it...thats the best idea i have heard....bayka ur booked into BodgePro(tm) this weekend to get that done.....brads car can wait...OMG RA28 if ur in perth your invited to join the BodgePro(tm) team..... ur ingenuity shines straight through Laughing

Adam

youd wanna make sure it never leaks into the inlet enough water and it will seize the motor
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 10 November 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the water would be questionably useful anyway. given the low rate of heat transfer through the plastic... if it was metal then yeah the heat trasnferred to the water would be significant however though plastic it will be fairly minimal... possibly enough to stop it melting but i wouldnt be banking on that as my solution
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 10 November 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
--- BodgePro is UP!!! ---

http://www.bodgepro.com/

Comming Soon
-pics and explanations of many BodgePro(TM) examples such as "linked-cable-tie" technology applied to hose clamps
-plus much more multimedia Wink
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 10 November 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just removed my fmic and slapped the stock top mount (never driven with the stock top mount b4) and i find the top mount gives a better response...
seems to boosts up quicker? so wat is the advantage of a front mount cooler Rolling Eyes besides getting access to lots of air... i find my intercooler pipes heat up on the fmic anyways Confused
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Fri, 11 November 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh better response with top cooler but i got massive improvement of mid range torque and at least 10% power gain over the entire rpm range. The advantage is more POWER!

How big is your front mount?
Mackjazz
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Fri, 11 November 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bayka wrote on Thu, 10 November 2005 23:04

--- BodgePro is UP!!! ---

http://www.bodgepro.com/

Comming Soon
-pics and explanations of many BodgePro(TM) examples such as "linked-cable-tie" technology applied to hose clamps
-plus much more multimedia Wink

Hehehe hey bro. This is awesome stuff Smile
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Fri, 11 November 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a VR4 cooler, not to big, probly 2x the size of the stock cooler?, runs the same size as the cooler 1.75" or 2" ? with about 1-2meter (give or take) extra length to and back from the cooler

http://www.geocities.com/rthy86/red82/cooler.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/rthy86/red82/gze.JPG

it responeds quicker with the top mount, but not sure if i noticed any difference with the front mount... probly cos my crapppy tyres just wheel spin all the time Confused ... what tyres do u use?
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Fri, 11 November 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, that looks awesome. You definately will have increased heat due to pipework over the engine head. I use pirelli p6000's and they work pretty damn well! Thinking of changing to Bridgestone Potenzas (new) next change.

There is no doubt that FMIC is superior to top mount intercooler. Just feel the difference in engine inlet pipe temperatures. With my top mount this was usually just as hot as the fucking sc outlet pipe >50cel. With FMIC after constant thrashing its room temp!!! Thats a difference of over 30celcius in air going into engine.
NVD05X
Regular

June 2003
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Fri, 11 November 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice work on the website!
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Fri, 11 November 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm, looks like ill get a gtech & some better tyres to test this power thing out...

has anyone done some testing to prove it? 1/4mile or something?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Fri, 11 November 2005 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i took the gze for a spin with the topmount, it does boost quick but the fmic might give it some better highend? 4000+rpm?
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Fri, 11 November 2005 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh definately man. But midrange was massively improved aswell for me. Maybe its because your intercooler inlet pipe goes straight over hot engine block, then past your hot exhaust manifold too! Wink

Not sure but FMIC is definately worth it, i still get great response above 1500rpm (better then 100kw NA) so im stoked.
GTtwin
Regular

August 2005
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Sun, 13 November 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey this is nothin new, I've been running PVC piping for bout a year and a half on my GZ-20. Hasn't caused me one ounce of trouble. I had intentions of it being temporary, but its just kept on working.
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Wed, 16 November 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
show us some pics!
Smile
GTtwin
Regular

August 2005
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Wed, 16 November 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok Then.
http://www.importperfection.com.au/AFM and Pod.JPG
http://www.importperfection.com.au/cooler in.JPG
http://www.importperfection.com.au/cooler out.JPG
http://www.importperfection.com.au/cooler bracket.JPG

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2005 08:49]

Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Sun, 20 November 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you guys want this problem corrected, come see me at my workshop.
DamMR2T
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Tue, 22 November 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread might save me some stress!!
I need some intercooler piping to get my car on the road by the weekend, and considered PVC but was a little worried. As it is only temporary, you now made me more relaxed.

I just have one question, where is the best place to get the silicon/rubber pipes and clamps??
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Tue, 22 November 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clamps? Supercheap have worm ones for not too much... hose? just any rubber host shop, there are plenty out there.
DamMR2T
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: PVC intercooler piping for 4AGZE ae92/93 *recipe & pics!* Thu, 24 November 2005 12:23 Go to previous message
Can anybody suggest one place in Sydney,that is open on Saturdays, to get the rubber hoses from?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:tuff pistons for supercharged 4K.. what other makes fit??
Next Topic:TA22 Standard wheels specs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:34:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077531337738037 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.