Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Mon, 03 October 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great turnout... It was my first car show experience and I didnt mind it... I think there shouldve been games like sack racing and stuff because I was getting pretty bored as the day went on...

Oh, and where were the drinks!?!?

Send a private message to this user    
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Mon, 03 October 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was my first time putting a car in a show to and it was sweet as....it was an awesome day the weather was great everything was tits!....
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Mon, 03 October 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats tits...
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Mon, 03 October 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

.... bar that rally car i think mine was the next roughest looking
Laughing

Thanks for the complement, if its not dented im not trying hard enough !! Go hard or go Home Very Happy

Ben
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Mon, 03 October 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Somebody must have missed seeing my ke20 it was by far the roughest car there Confused
jasonke20
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Mon, 03 October 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys. What a great day! I spent a couple of hours out there checking out the old school rides. I can't wait until next year when my KE20 will definitely be there! My favourite cars were the two schmick turquiose TA celicas and of course the KE Corollas. Oh yeah, congrats Ben on your win!! Hopefully next year will be even bigger again
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Mon, 03 October 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys thanks for the top day!Would have liked to stay longer and put more faces to names but after my run in with the gas bottle staying out in the sun really wasnt an option.

I would love to find out more about that wikkid light blue TA22 with the 3TGTEU. I have had an image in my head for years of what I wanted my car to look like and it looks like someone has had the same dream,bloody top job and dare I say the best TA22 there Surprised

I look forward to catching up with everyone a bit better next event.

Cheers and thanks very much to the toymods crew behind such a top show!

Nath
nico
Regular

January 2004
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Mon, 03 October 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it wasnt bad, but as people have said maybe some activites next year. I came for an hour got some sweet as pics, and good ideas for up and coming projects.

The best car there was the blue TA22 with 3tgteu engine, as it reminded me of my old beast!
4agerolla
Regular

May 2005
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Mon, 03 October 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was an awesome day! cheers to all those involved in making it happen! ive seen alot of the cars that were at the show in pics on these forums but in real life they are ace!

loved the dish on the crown royal Very Happy !

cheers

chris

p.s how hot was it!?
Blue_Stivo
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Mon, 03 October 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look like it was a great day, wish I could have been there...

but my car was in no state for showing, plus I would have had to leave damn early from Narrandera!!! Razz Laughing Laughing
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Mon, 03 October 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
secagirl wrote on Sun, 02 October 2005 22:45

Congratulations on best of show Ben! Nice to know, that the car is in good hands. Anyway, looks like we will b seeing you 2morrow. Although we won't b meeting at P6, we will meet you down there. We will b able to spot the car from a mile!! Cool

Spotted you at the Gong today Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Mon, 03 October 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since you guys are talking about it, i thought you might like these pics i took, i love the interior Cool :

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1585/toyotan05060z5mk.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/15/toyotan05011z7vu.jpg

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/6681/toyotan05009z9ra.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 03 October 2005 13:10]

Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Mon, 03 October 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dam thats a nice TA22, i had one pic on my PC.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/653/dscn339119ho.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 03 October 2005 15:20]

DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Mon, 03 October 2005 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a brief rundown of the day... the official report will be out by the end of the week.

This year has grown and exceeded more than we expected! By the end of registration we had taken 69 entrants and filled the RedYard (cinema) carpark to the edges! It was a hectic morning, but set to be a great day.

With Toyota's ranging from the classic's right through to the modern day, the eclectic selection, made for some very interesting viewing. And with some quality cars there, it made the judging that much harder. This year each of the major awards was accompanied by an encouragement award (donated by Al Palmer), which helped to recognise more of the outstanding entrants competing for the title.

There was plenty of food and drinks available from the shops upstairs, and while it was an absolutly stunning day, plenty of shade was found under the trees and undercover carpark.

The day finished up with the awards ceremony at 2.30pm and a good number of entrants driving away with something. Everyone left at 3.00pm in a nice orderly fashion, concluding what was a great day out for all involved!

THANKS to....
The Sponsors - RedYard for the venue, Hills Life Newspaper for the trophies, The Exhibition Company for the Banner - they all help make Toyota Fest possible!
The Entrants - without all of you, we wouldn't be able to have such a successfull event!
All the volunteers we had throughout the day, who helped with everything from selling raffle tickets to setting up / packing up and registration. You all know who you are, thanks very much!!
And of course... hats off to the Board Members who sacrifice their spare time (and sleep) to make the day another huge success.

I hope everyone who entered and spectatored had a great time, and we'll hope to see you again next year, same time!

Thanx,
Dav Cool

PS: Any feedback and / or suggestions would be most welcome. Please forward them to the Toymods Board email - board@toymods.org.au

PPS: Just reading through all the responses from everyone, makes it all worth while to put in the effort to make Toyota Fest the day it is!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Mon, 03 October 2005 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyrota,

it might be a little rough mate, but it's a million times better than when I last saw it (just before you bought it). Would love to see it fixed up and running well Smile

To all entrants,

Thank you to every single one of you for coming out to show off your awesome Toy's. You have all helped secure the event again for next year, and with continual growth like this we can hopefully start to look at expanding the event (fingers crossed!).

I had an awesome day, saw some tidy cars, and was really impressed with the amount of people walking around.

Thank you everyone Smile

79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Mon, 03 October 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There still shouldve been sack races...

Cheers to Greg for giving me a goody bag full of MX23 parts!!!
PHOBIA
Regular

May 2005
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Mon, 03 October 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just had a flick through the pics. Looks like a really good turn out. Well done to everyone involved and I can't wait to see what next year brings. Wink
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Tue, 04 October 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86trueno: but see thats fine yours is meant to be banged Very Happy

was a awesome day ... still cant get over it
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Tue, 04 October 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone got some more photos?
4agerolla
Regular

May 2005
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Tue, 04 October 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here are a few photos that i took... if u want more PM me.. i took quite a few... sorry about the size of them but i dont know much about computers and how to resize pics...

cheers

chris

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/7264/dscn52717ce. jpg

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8649/dscn52876oh. jpg

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8388/img13021bo.j pg

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6958/img12773cs.j pg

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/7532/img12997ks.j pg

** mod edit : changed the larger images back to links to keep the page loading time down **

[Updated on: Tue, 04 October 2005 03:35] by Moderator

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Tue, 04 October 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What an awesome day! It was great to see so many cars (both new & old school) on display, and the bar has certainly been raised a tad for next year I think.

It will also be great if the numbers can continue to grow as well - will be excellent to see that extra carpark packed out next year! Surprised
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Tue, 04 October 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Link to the photos I got.
http://trucker.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set _albumName=album11
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Wed, 05 October 2005 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys, thanks for the warm welcome from all! We had fun, and will definitely be along next year, providing there is room. More power upgrades next year, we promise :rolleyes: ...unfortunately non of our 1/2JZGTE converts could make it.

BTW, for those who wondered: the "IS430" was in fact an original imported 99 model RS200 (that is, factory BEAMS 3SGE). Glen works for Toyota, and those plates were on his original IS200 he used to drive, partly for laughs, and partly because at one point Toyota were seriously considering producing such a car. No such luck... only a few custom ones have ever been produced.

(Here's my favourite: Ian Booth, Targa NZ)
http://www.altezzaclub.org.au/forumimages/membercars/boothy.jpg

The plates then went onto the RS200, when that was purchased from a chap in Melbourne who didn't really know what the car was anyway.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Thu, 06 October 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hats off to the guys who put in the hard yards to make this happen. The hot weather caught this cool climate (and hungover) Canberran out, but apart from a lack of easily accessble drinks the day was great. Some very tidy cars there so quite embarrassing to have scored 4 trophies.....all the more flattering that they came from emthusiasts though. Anyways, nice work Toymods and hope to be there for a bigger and better event next year.
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: ** The 2nd Annual Toyotafest Car Show ** - Sunday 2nd October Fri, 04 November 2005 02:11 Go to previous message
Were there ever any pics form the Awards Ceremony Posted????

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Drift Nationals Rnd 4 - 29-30th Oct - Oran park
Next Topic:ARC Rally of Bathurst 28-30 OCT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:12:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075900554656982 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.